What's new

PM directs for quick start of work on Diamer-Bhasha Dam

Kabira

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif directed that acquisition of land for Diamer-Bhasha Dam should be done by the 31st of July this year to start the project of immense national importance.

He directed that work should be started on this power project as soon as possible.

Chairing 14th meeting of the Cabinet Committee on Energy at the PM House, the Prime Minister asked Chairman WAPDA to present complete project proposal with timelines in the next meeting of Cabinet Committee on Energy.

The Chairman WAPDA updated the meeting on matters related to Diamer-Bhasha hydel power generation project.

The Prime Minister ordered to form a parliamentary committee for holding an inquiry into suspected irregularities committed in purchase of land for Diamer-Bhasha project.

The meeting, which lasted for more than three hours, was given a detailed presentation on load management and recoveries by Secretary Water and Power.

The meeting was informed that this year average load shedding in urban areas has been at six hours and eight hours in rural areas, with the exception of those areas where recoveries are too less.

While on industrial feeders average load-shedding this year has been for four hours.

The Prime Minister directed that tangible steps should be taken to control power theft while speeding up recoveries.

The Prime Minister directed the concerned ministries to look into the possibility of increased supply of gas to Guddu Power Plants that would add more than 700 MW of electricity by October 2015.

The meeting was also informed about installation of subsidized tube-wells in Balochistan.

The Secretary Water and Power also briefed the meeting on access to solar power in rural Balochistan.

Federal Minister for Petroleum and Natural Resources Shahid Khaqan Abbasi briefed the meeting on the progress on LNG based power plants. He informed that LNG would cost even less than furnace oil.

The Prime Minister gave approval of converting power plants running ondiesel and furnace oil to LNG.

The meeting was attended by Muhammad Ishaq Dar, Minister for Finance; Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Minister for Petroleum; Khawaja Muhammad Asif, Minister for Water & Power; Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif, Chief Minister Punjab; Jam Kamal Khan, Misnter of State for Petroleum and Raja Hassan Abbas, Secretary Cabinet; Sartaj Aziz, Advisor to the PM on National Security; Tariq Fatemi, Special Assistant to the PM on Foreign Affairs; Dr. Waqar Masood, Secretary Finance; Arshad Mirza, Secretary Petroleum; Muhammad Younus Dagha, Secretary Water & Power; Ch. Muhammad Azam, Secretary Information; Tahir Hussain, Chief Secretary Gilgit Baltistan and Zafar Mahmood, Chairman WAPDA along with other senior officials. (APP)

PM directs for quick start of work on Diamer-Bhasha Dam

Basha along with Dasu dam will be one of major achievements of PML-N.

I hate this statement ... I was a teenager when I first read this news... Now I have 10 years of work experience and they are still at square one.

Koi Kaam ki baat post Kiya karo yaar hamare leaders roz bongiyan marte hain jab practically kuch ho ga tab dekha jaye ga

I hate this statement ... I was a teenager when I first read this news... Now I have 10 years of work experience and they are still at square one.

Koi Kaam ki baat post Kiya karo yaar hamare leaders roz bongiyan marte hain jab practically kuch ho ga tab dekha jaye ga

This time PML-N will complete Bhasha dam, hell they may even build kalabagh dam at this rate.

Didnt they delay it till 2037 ..... wtf is wrong with our decision makers....

This time PML-N will complete Bhasha dam, hell they may even build kalabagh dam at this rate.
at what rate?
lets wait and see , if an when it starts.
we have 2 years gone, three left i.e 40% time gone without starting any major hydro projects (dasu, bhasha, bunji, thakot, akhori are all ready to start)
though i am hopefull for dasu , i doubt bhasha dam would be easier unless they do it how they did the NJ project start it without financial closure. the result is usually overcost, delays ..

This is exactly how I feel when I read about the LCA, but keep hope. Like I say "udegi", you should say "banegi" :D

I suppose this project is like LCA, Nawaz types are not capable of completing something like this ever, it would need a very competent leadership to gel something like this together. This is a project of national importance though for our water security. Currently Nawaz is taking us through the MMRCA stage i.e just talk for 10 years before anything even starts.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom