What's new

Pls tell me how many J-10B fighters there ?

hmm

do you have any info about J10b aesa radar
how many T/R modules /what is it's max detection range against fighter size target

any info about it's IRST tech .

any info about it's RWR & electronic warfare suite

CHEERS
First batch just equipped PESA radar

any source or link you have even if that may be chinese also to confirm your claims

CHEERS

To admit it is - as far as I understand it - a clear confirmation. It comes just recently from a report - sometimes misinterpret to be related to the J-20's radar - that was posted at the SDF:

The quite long report is said to contain some interesting information from an official report on Youquan Lin, the chief engineer of China's first AESA radar for a fighter.

中国首部机载有源相控阵雷达设计水平与F22相当|中国|雷达|F22_新浪军事

Additional explanation by "tphuang":

An article on 14th institute talks about development of China's first AESA radar for fighter jet. It will be x-band based and won national awards in 2009/2010. From that, it seems like they flight tested it by 2009/2010. From all of that, it seems likes this radar is developed for J-10B/C although we have heard rumours on Chinese bbs that the first batch of J-10B we saw are using PESA radar. None of which is conclusive. So this AESA radar is either going to already be on the first batch of J-10B that we saw or on the second batch (J-10C as some calls it).
Technology wise, the article claimed that it has same level of technology as APG-77 on F-22. And that 14th Institute is using experience from developing this radar to develop J-20's radar. For the first part, I think it could just be talking about the usage of GaA T/R modules and the design of the radar rather than the actual power/capability of the radar.

Deino

To admit it is - as far as I understand it - a clear confirmation. It comes just recently from a report - sometimes misinterpret to be related to the J-20's radar - that was posted at the SDF:

The quite long report is said to contain some interesting information from an official report on Youquan Lin, the chief engineer of China's first AESA radar for a fighter.

Deino

that is the problem Mr Deino

we have to beleive forumers post to accept /reject any claims about chinese defence systems

& the link you posted didnt say anything about J1o b aesa radar/pesa radar ??

plus now here is another article where it claims it have AESA radar
China’s J-10B Fighter More Advanced Than Indian Su-30, Japanese F-15J aircraft: Chinese Expert

CHEERS

There is one very easy way to test China's defense systems: come into our ADIZ and see what happens to you. It's not my problem India is too scared to do it. :lol:

True but also India cant
India doesnt have any military airplane that can reach (and return from) our ADIZ without refuel unless Vietnam or the Philippines is helping them
d1e68d325596ab5ba400a5913f601ada.gif

Last edited:

Deino

The report is about what transpired in 2009。

Rule to remember:China only reveals what it achieved 5 years back。:D

PS The J-20 uses a 3rd iteration of this particular type of radar。:enjoy:

that is the problem Mr Deino

we have to beleive forumers post to accept /reject any claims about chinese defence systems

& the link you posted didnt say anything about J1o b aesa radar/pesa radar ??

plus now here is another article where it claims it have AESA radar
China’s J-10B Fighter More Advanced Than Indian Su-30, Japanese F-15J aircraft: Chinese Expert

CHEERS

Hi Somnath:

I think Deino reached his conclusion based on deduction.

1) In the article -- which is based on an official document praising an engineer (known informally as "baguwen" in Chinese circles) -- it was claimed that the 14th institute developed the radar as early as 2009. This may be too early for the variant used on the J-20, which is still under testing/development.
2) The only other Chinese fighters known to use AESA radars (J-16 and J-15) received their radars from a different institute.

I think there is a good chance that the J-10B radar is the "award-winning radar" from the article. But I agree that we can't know for certain until more official information is released (one or two years, if you are patient).

But I agree that we can't know for certain until more official information is released (one or two years, if you are patient).

What about basic specs of the B version itself? New emptyweight, engine performance improvements due to DSI? Avionics or RCS reduction improvements?

Hi Somnath:

I think Deino reached his conclusion based on deduction.

1) In the article -- which is based on an official document praising an engineer (known informally as "baguwen" in Chinese circles) -- it was claimed that the 14th institute developed the radar as early as 2009. This may be too early for the variant used on the J-20, which is still under testing/development.
2) The only other Chinese fighters known to use AESA radars (J-16 and J-15) received their radars from a different institute.

I think there is a good chance that the J-10B radar is the "award-winning radar" from the article. But I agree that we can't know for certain until more official information is released (one or two years, if you are patient).

Hi Bro

yeah thats the point
official confirmation of AESA radar on 1st block of J10b by CAF officials would confirm /end all skepticism

regarding aesa radar on J10 b .

also J10c part is another thing too regarding it's aesa radar confirmation like stated by articles posted by Mr deino

But i do have a source from a forum which states about J10b aesa radar
T/R count & range against 3m2 aerial target

But again that cant be confirmed until & unless CAF official themselves dont claim J10b has AESA radar

CHEERS

What about basic specs of the B version itself? New emptyweight, engine performance improvements due to DSI? Avionics or RCS reduction improvements?

To be fair, we didn't get official numbers for J-10A (!!!) until 2012/2013. We probably won't get the numbers until at least several hundred of them (J-10Bs) are already in service.

I think here is another surprise :woot:... if it is real then this would be a J-10C !

Even more since 101x = J-10A pre-serials, 102x = J-10S prototypes, 103x = J-10B prototypes, and now maybe 105x = J-10C prototype ... all what is missing is a 104x = maybe the J-10BS prototypes !! :smitten:

Deino

J-10C 1051 - 25.1.15.jpg

Back
Top Bottom