What's new

Please donate generously for Leh floods

su-47

Reaction score
Much of the news these days have covered the massive humanitarian crisis in Pakistan, and rightly so. However a much smaller tragedy has been almost completely overlooked my the world: the floods in Leh

They have claimed more than 150 lives and several hundred are injured. Thousands have lost their homes. The infrastructure of the area (roads, communication systems) have suffered heavy damage and are in need of restoration.

The pictures below (courtesy of Indian Express) show the devastation suffered, and the efforts to clear it.

B_Id_166817_leh.jpg

B_Id_166814_leh.jpg

B_Id_166812_leh.jpg

B_Id_166966_Rescue_workers.jpg

The plight of the Leh victims have so far gone pretty much unnoticed outside India, and even many Indian citizens are unaware of the scale of the tragedy there. The purpose of this thread is to raise awareness of this tragedy and to urge all to donate generously to help the victims, many who have lost everything they had.

I urge all Indian members to help raise awareness of this disaster, as it is not receiving the attention it deserves. And i request all members to donate generously to this noble cause.

You can donate through the Give India. They are a recognised organisation for coordinating aid and NGOs in India,

Donate for victims of the Leh floods - GiveIndia

GiveIndia is a not for profit organization in India that aims to channel and provide resources to Non-Governmental Organisations across India. It is a web portal which sources funds and contributions from individuals across India and the world and directs these donations to causes and requirements of NGOs.
Conceived in 1999 by IIM-A graduate Venkat Krishnan, it is run and managed by a team of professionals. Venkat wanted to create a credible link between people willing to donate and grass root NGOs. Most grass-root NGOs do not have adequate systems in place to raise awareness about causes and consequently raise funds to support these causes.

GiveIndia does not operate any charities directly. Instead it acts as the channel connecting donors with certified non-profit organizations across India. Non-profit organizations who wish to partner with GiveIndia have to satisfy a minimum set of conditions known as "credibility alliance norms." Among other criteria, organizations must have no political ties and 50 percent of their beneficiaries must be economically underprivileged.

Through GiveIndia, an online platform was created to allow secure donation options for potential donors and access over 100 NGOs. The assurance is that through this convenient medium, funds will be sent to NGOs, thereby allowing people to donate at their convenience.

Since inception, over 30,000 donors across the globe have been involved in supporting 150 organizations through GiveIndia.

GiveIndia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please send your, donations, no matter how big or small. Lets help those in need!

initiallly i thought you were talking about floods in pakistan.

India should divert that 5million dollars offer to Pakistan for Leh after all most of Indian installations in Occupied Leh have been damaged too.

thanks for information i will donote how much i can

jai hind

India should divert that 5million dollars offer to Pakistan for Leh after all most of Indian installations in Occupied Leh have been damaged too.

why you come here for troll ??

initiallly i thought you were talking about floods in pakistan.

No, this thread is about the Leh floods in India. They occurred around the same time as the Pakistan floods.

There have been many threads here about the Pakistan floods, and awareness is high. Many organisations and individuals around the world, including some members of this forum, have donated for that effort.

But the Leh floods have, unfortunately, received almost no coverage in international media, and very little coverage in Indian media itself. They have been completely overshadowed by the larger humanitarian crisis in Pakistan, but that doesnt mean they dont deserve any less sympathy. The purpose of this thread is to raise donations for those victims whose voices have so far gone unheard.

GOI has not asked for any donations or aid. It is more than capable of handling such situations. It refused aid during Tsunami as well.

NGO's may be seeking aid.

.. and Laddakh like J&K is occupied but occupied by its rightful owner.

Thanks for the channel info. I will also tell my friends here.

GOI has not asked for any donations or aid. It is more than capable of handling such situations. It refused aid during Tsunami as well.

NGO's may be seeking aid.

.. and Laddakh like J&K is occupied but occupied by its rightful owner.

True India does not ask for AID even if its facing huge calamity like Tsunami.

Back
Top Bottom