What's new

Pictures & Video of the Three Z-10 Helicopters to Pakistan - updated

Already been discussed, along with the video. I'm still of the conclusion that China is only doing this to test the helicopter in actual combat. The PAA, unless it has no other choice, will go for a long term option. If Z-10s are purchased, they'll be bought as a stopgap, and in small scale.

Though, my view is simple based on what is publicly available information. Who knows? Anything is possible, and PAA DOES need to urgently replace it's old cobra fleet.

Already been discussed, along with the video. I'm still of the conclusion that China is only doing this to test the helicopter in actual combat. The PAA, unless it has no other choice, will go for a long term option. If Z-10s are purchased, they'll be bought as a stopgap, and in small scale.

Though, my view is simple based on what is publicly available information. Who knows? Anything is possible, and PAA DOES need to urgently replace it's old cobra fleet.
The kind of country we are I will not be surprised if we decide to go for two attack helicopters

I think if we induct Z-10 we can also have access to the source code which is pretty important for us.T-129 is a great helicopter but many of its components are western,Which means we can't get the source code and under sanctions things can get worse.I think it's best if we start training in Z-10's right now,What do you think?

It has become a kind of general practice with our neighbour China to offer Pakistan their weapon(albeit untested,unproven)as a gift or to buy on friendly terms,knowing fully well that Pakistan will test and evaluate the weapon very thoroughly and then inform the Chinese about hundreds of modifications or changes i.e SD-10,KE awacs before it is purchased or J-10 before it becomes J-10B and turned down the offer because of lack of funds for erecting the infrastructure.The same could happen with Z-10,if Pakistan is serious in Mi-35 or Bell Uh-y or Uh-z.

IMHO, Z10 is the best Option that Pakistan could have ever wished for. Its not that T129, Zulu or Mi28 are inferior in comparison but its the fact that right now China is the only country (behind USA) that is investing heavily in defense related R&D. Not to forget the fact that China is ready to match any improvement or customization Pakistan requests for. With the current speed of Chinese R&D its safe to assume that in next 5 to 10 years Z10 will surely be able to match the best in its category.

I think if we induct Z-10 we can also have access to the source code which is pretty important for us.T-129 is a great helicopter but many of its components are western,Which means we can't get the source code and under sanctions things can get worse.I think it's best if we start training in Z-10's right now,What do you think?
If it's Turkey, I wouldn't worry about sanctions. The Turks didn't care about the previous sanctions, and helped Pakistan maintain it's F-16 fleet; With Turkey's ambitions of becoming the leader of the Sunni Muslim world, they would rather help Pakistan rather than hinder it.

The T-129 is a great option, one that I back for a long term replacement program for the cobra fleet. The Z-10, while great for what it is, has problems, such as an unreliable power plant. Turkey has already offered ToT, with local assembly and two free T-129s if a deal is signed. I really think the PAA is going to go for the Turkish option in the long term. The Z-10s may only be bought in a limited number, just as a stop gap measure to fight the war more effectively.

The kind of country we are I will not be surprised if we decide to go for two attack helicopters
Doubt it. Lets be honest, the acquisitions are entirely done by the military, rather than the MoD or government. The PAA knows what it wants, and will be extremely resistant to political pressure considering the current war.

Found these Pictures ... but not fully sure about these ones

10410099_10153012185179130_8016248779965620888_n.jpg
11010506_10153012184939130_5089048545975616211_n.jpg
11075296_10153012185699130_3308115583139802434_n.jpg
10995599_10153012185424130_7749504881744918662_n.jpg

^ nop ... Check out the banners ! All in English, Chinese prefer their own language over international. :D
Doesn't look like China to me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom