What's new

Pictures from cities: Karachi

2_63475.JPG

Karachi is NOW, honestly, worst then what is shown in these photos.

Agreed! Karachi is a lot different than what's shown in these pictures. 80 percent of buildings are ****** with the exception of a few new ones. There are open sewerage even in nicest locations. I spent a lot of time in Karachi in last two decades living in clifton and defense v. It has come a long way but no way near being a world class city. Please don't take me wrong I love Pakistan and Karachi.

Agreed! Karachi is a lot different than what's shown in these pictures. 80 percent of buildings are ****** with the exception of a few new ones. There are open sewerage even in nicest locations. I spent a lot of time in Karachi in last two decades living in clifton and defense v. It has come a long way but no way near being a world class city. Please don't take me wrong I love Pakistan and Karachi.

when did you last visited the city, a lot has changed since the 90s

I'm living in Karachi and I don't disagree with him. Open sewers, congested and jammed roads, armored vehicles, policemen and Rangers patrolling or manning check-posts have become a part of Karachi's landscape. Hardly anyone follow traffic rules and traffic signals which have made my life miserable. Just two days ago, it took me 45 minutes to cover the distance b/w Avari Towers and Dolmen Mall (Hyperstar). Other than that, street crimes and killings is now a daily routine. You'll hardly meet any person in Karachi whose mobile/wallet has not been snatched and whose friend or a relative has not been killed by either target killers or kidnappers. May God save us! May God have mercy on us! I don't need to mention about PROTECTION MONEY & load shedding, I assume.
PS: Drones are not the reason due to which Karachi is being burned.

Dude you are an idiot lol. You do know Pakistani shores are part of indian ocean right? Lets just end this here because I have gotten an idea of how smart you are.

Abay du3b S there is even Arabian Sea flowing rite there so if we apply your $tup1d logic it would be called arabian region?

It is Pakistani region, better learn to live it.

ALSO STOP LITTERING THIS THREAD WITH YOUR GARBAGE TROLL & OFFTOPIC POSTS, PLEASE.

I'm living in Karachi and I don't disagree with him. Open sewers, congested and jammed roads, armored vehicles, policemen and Rangers patrolling or manning check-posts have become a part of Karachi's landscape. Hardly anyone follow traffic rules and traffic signals which have made my life miserable. Just two days ago, it took me 45 minutes to cover the distance b/w Avari Towers and Dolmen Mall (Hyperstar). Other than that, street crimes and killings is now a daily routine. You'll hardly meet any person in Karachi whose mobile/wallet has not been snatched and whose friend or a relative has not been killed by either target killers or kidnappers. May God save us! May God have mercy on us! I don't need to mention about PROTECTION MONEY & load shedding, I assume.
PS: Drones are not the reason due to which Karachi is being burned.
I still don't understand wat makes few among us to think of Karachi as a world class city, where many projects supposed to be completed till 2012 even not started yet. you even have to think thousand times before investing here in any sector, So much political involvements make this city more complicated, It might take 2 more decades atleast for Karachi to get in a class of those cities where it would have to actually supposed to be.

September, 2012. I stayed in gated Naval Colony behind Hotel Sofitel. There is huge open sewerage not far from clifton bridge near glass building. Again, I do not want to hurt anyone's feeling here. I love Karachi and Pakistan. It is my second home :)

September, 2012. I stayed in gated Naval Colony behind Hotel Sofitel. There is huge open sewerage not far from clifton bridge near glass building. Again, I do not want to hurt anyone's feeling here. I love Karachi and Pakistan. It is my second home :)

no i dont mind, i agree karachi need to improve a lot before it meets international standards there is no doubt about that

btw how was you trip over all

no i dont mind, i agree karachi need to improve a lot before it meets international standards there is no doubt about that

btw how was you trip over all

Well, overall experience is very pleasant on a personal level. There is too much corruption in every walk of life. Religious and ethnic strife between different factions is too strong. I will be coming back again in January for 3 weeks :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom