What's new

Pictures from cities | Islamabad

Rare snowfall in Margalla Hills, Islamabad January 2012.

1101420246-1.jpg

350925-Snow-at-Margalla-Hills---Islamabad-members-trip-IMG00041-20120107-1317.jpg

350945-Snow-at-Margalla-Hills---Islamabad-members-trip-DSC-0257.jpg

350949-Snow-at-Margalla-Hills---Islamabad-members-trip-DSC-0202.jpg

350987-Snow-at-Margalla-Hills---Islamabad-members-trip-DSC-0233.jpg

318251-PirSohawaphotoonline-1325965697-969-640x480.jpg

318251-Visitorphotoonline-1325965720-553-640x480.jpg

margalla-hills-receive-snowfall-after-6-years-1325975908-2225.jpg

What does 'bad' mean?

So green, such nice architecture. Seems like a planned city.

its not bad its ABAD dear means City of Islam,” or “City of Peace

The name of the city, Islamabad is derived from two words, Islam and abad, meaning "City of Islam". Islam an Arabic word refers to the religion Islam and abad is a Persian and Urdu placename suffix which means inhabited place or city.

its not bad its ABAD dear means City of Islam,” or “City of Peace

The name of the city, Islamabad is derived from two words, Islam and abad, meaning "City of Islam". Islam an Arabic word refers to the religion Islam and abad is a Persian and Urdu placename suffix which means inhabited place or city.

I already thought it might mean 'city' and you're right it's abad not bad. Like Pakistan Zindabad :D or Hyderabad

In Turkey city is called Shahir (Şehir), which is also a Persian word. Did you know that word?

I already thought it might mean 'city' and you're right it's abad not bad. Like Pakistan Zindabad :D or Hyderabad

In Turkey city is called Shahir (Şehir), which is also a Persian word. Did you know that word?

Yes the word Shehr means city in Urdu as well. Also out of curiousity what does the word "por" mean in Turkish, like Trabzonspor. In Pakistan the word "por" is used at the end of city names as well like "abad". (Bahawalpur for example).

Haha so it was the same bad/abad mistake :P
Yes, that was funny. Now I know how stupid my mistake must have sounded. Just one letter makes a world of difference :lol:

Are there any videos here of Islamabad by the way? If not, I'm off to youtube...

Back
Top Bottom