What's new

Pictures from cities | Islamabad

Golra Sharif Railway Museum is a railway museum located in the Sector E-11 of Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan. it is a junction station in the northern section of the Pakistan Railways system in the Rawalpindi Division of the Pakistan Railways. This railway station is the site of a venerated Railway Museum housing the relics and memorabilia associated with railways dating back to the days of the British Raj.
For more details

Golra Sharif Railway Museum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

golra.jpg

472274763_914ea4293c.jpg

5407096748_8420accd46.jpg

railway.jpg

An interesting fact about the 110-year-old steam engine is that, it was in regular use, as early as 1990 and is still in running condition.
This engine is now on exhibit at Golra Station i.e. Pakistan Railway Heritage Museum.

2997747365_08c488b0c2.jpg

This piano is still in working condition. I personally played it myself. :)

2115004030_c5fd892313.jpg

100-year-old hand crane, where a sign also claimed that it was tested for lifting 508kg weight in 1984. Hand crane is on exhibit at golra station Islamabad, Pakistan.

tea-railway.jpg

Old signboard of early 20th century:It advertises making of hot tea in 5 different written scripts; English, Devnagri, Urdu, Gormukhi and Bengali.

golra.jpg

Nice place for smoking alone. hahaha Just kidding. The places are great indeed.

but we do have a bit of a lake (rawal) and a dam (simli) to cover up to some extent. anther beauty is a 30 minutes drive to murree so one can enjoy snow all winters :) :)

karachi jaisa koi nahi :disagree:

ho ho ho ho karachi
boo boo boo boo islamabad

Back
Top Bottom