What's new

PIA's premier service set to take off

LA se Karachi

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pakistan’s national flag carrier, Pakistan International Airlines (PIA), has announced to start a premier service for its passengers from August 14.

In order to launch the new service, the national flag carrier is acquiring four new planes on wet lease which will allow the airline to operate on London’s Heathrow Airport.

“The premium service will better facilitate our customers,” PIA chairman Azam Sehgal told British Broadcaster BBC during an interview.

Further, in order to address frequent grievances of passengers regarding the unprofessional attitude of the staff, the airline has decided to arrange a three-week training of its staff.

CoOjdO_XEAANYBh.jpg

PIA’s seventy-year-long descent

A special team of trainers has arrived in Karachi from Sri Lanka which will train the PIA staff and its cabin crew for three weeks. “We will also train our cabin crew members who directly deal with the passengers. For this purpose, foreign trainers have arrived in Karachi,” Sehgal said.

PIA has decided to acquire four Airbus A330 planes, without crew members, from the Sri Lankan Airlines and an official statement is likely to made in a couple of days, the BBC said while quoting sources.

The Airbus A330 planes are only two months old and the Sri Lankan airlines is reportedly leasing them out because of deficit. When contacted, the PIA spokesperson refused to comment on the matter.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s daughter Maryam Nawaz also tweeted photos of the new planes, claiming the national flag carrier will soon be at part with the world’s finest airlines.

CoOjdO8WcAA2hbQ.jpg

Debt-hit Sri Lanka carrier to lease planes to Pakistan

Due to its deteriorating condition and poor service, news of PIA’s privatisation was making rounds in the national media, however, it seems that arrangements are being made to bring the national airline back on track.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1149548/pias-premier-service-set-take-off/

Further, in order to address frequent grievances of passengers regarding the unprofessional attitude of the staff, the airline has decided to arrange a three-week training of its staff.

CoOjdO_XEAANYBh.jpg

Leave aside the operational issues of PIA, but frequent grievances of passengers? lol. What, like actually having to wait more than 10 seconds for some water, or wow, actually having to sit in your allocated seat? I've travelled a lot internationally with PIA and the type of shit the PIA staff have to deal with is bare stupidity. Step on to a PIA plane full of expat Pakistanis who now have a few dollars or pounds in their pocket, and you know right there that you'll have no need for the in-flight entertainment system, as you'll have several hours of live entertainment going on right in front of you. These passengers could easily be mistaken for some macaques or gibbons going on vacation.

Leave aside the operational issues of PIA, but frequent grievances of passengers? lol. What, like actually having to wait more than 10 seconds for some water, or wow, actually having to sit in your allocated seat? I've travelled a lot internationally with PIA and the type of shit the PIA staff have to deal with is bare stupidity. Step on to a PIA plane full of expat Pakistanis who now have a few dollars or pounds in their pocket, and you know right there that you'll have no need for the in-flight entertainment system, as you'll have several hours of live entertainment going on right in front of you. These passengers could easily be mistaken for some macaques or gibbons going on vacation.

Tell me about it. Recently flew with Emirates to Pakistan and was seated in one of the front rows close to where the air host/esses sit during take off and landing. As soon as the plane had landed one could only feel sorry for them as they urged passengers to stay seated with their belts on as the plane hadnt stopped yet. They might as well have been talking to aliens though, since nobody seemed to hear them. Ghir te phirte eik doosre ke opar se passengers were insisting they were going to get their luggage down first, and then standing there like dumb idiots because forget opening the doors, the plane hadnt even stopped yet!

Without joking I seriously think before being eligible to buy a flight ticket, one needs to go a basic flight etiquette test in Pakistan, since these people embarrass us in front of the world. After giving up on shouting at the passengers to sit down the air hostesses shared a look which could easily be interpreted as "these ill mannered Pakistanis, why do we even bother?".

No pics of the hostesses ? :(
We should have an air hostess free service. :)

The best they have under cooked rice old salad sugar less sweat dish year old bun like a rock etc

pk1_w900_h675_watermark.jpg
I rarely travel with PIA but a few between UAE and Pakistan and Ion domestic routes and I found their food always good. Internationally rice is not fully cooked as in Pakistan.

Once I travelled in PIA on a connecting flight from London in the new 777, the guy sitting behind me started punching the touch screen, He was from Mirpur .... I requested him to stop but that fell flat on his ears, so I stood up and told if he punched the screen again..I will punch shit out of him...and I had a great flight :)... but I realised that he had changed the seat and was doing his "thing" to some more docile co-passenger.

:o:
You developed the taste.
Have you tried Sushi in any of the authentic sushi bars?

Once I travelled in PIA on a connecting flight from London in the new 777, the guy sitting behind me started punching the touch screen, He was from Mirpur .... I requested him to stop but that fell flat on his ears, so I stood up and told if he punched the screen again..I will punch shit out of him...and I had a great flight :)... but I realised that he had changed the seat and was doing his "thing" to some more docile co-passenger.

Have you tried Sushi in any of the authentic sushi bars?
No I like Only authentic Pakistani foods few exceptions like pizza, burger etc

No I like Only authentic Pakistani foods few exceptions like pizza, burger etc
So you have a pretty limited choice :) How do you travel then
Have you tried Arabic food, especially by halal guys?

So you have a pretty limited choice :) How do you travel then
Have you tried Arabic food, especially by halal guys?
Many times but i hardly like it. I am not foody person but love to eat desi home cooked dishes
Rajma Chawal
Kadam Saag with mutton
Gobhi Ghost
Daal Ghost
Qeema fry, Chicken tikka, seekh kababs
Nihari, Haleem, Sri Paya, Daal Chana etc etc

Hahah ISI u r brilliant

Anyway PIA should get rid of PAF mentality of small thinking

Better acquire A340 or A 350 and run it to Houston and Texas fraction less fare than other PIA within 3 years get back on its feet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom