What's new

PIA plane crash near Model Colony Karachi with 93+ on board

there is warning system of landing gear sir .since long time ago .
If something goes wrong during deployment then warning sounds.
But if not deployed at all, there's no warning for that. Or so I have read

If something goes wrong during deployment then warning sounds.
But if not deployed at all, there's no warning for that. Or so I have read
you read wrong sir if pilots forget landing gears warning starts .

Airplane systems. Depending on the plane's complexity level, different warning systems and sometimes automatic gear extension systems (which pilots hate) are installed to make sure a pilot's attention will be drawn to the fact the landing gear is in the up position. In the relatively simple plane I fly, these relate to the power settings, airspeed and flaps. Certain configurations will result in a loud and annoying “gear up warning” alert.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw3RTjS7IQUz4xJj758A-hRx

Just download the PDF and read the airbus a320 does worn the pilots at under 750 fts
some airliners warn at 800 feet and very loudly warn not just light .

here is video of landing gear up warning

Corruption in state institutions is back to Zardari level.
NAB shall be well aware of it.
While nation shall take precautions, as long Imran Khan is King of Pakistan.

You are very funny yet stupid you Indian turd.

First and foremost, there are just few street or blocks which comes direct in the flight path of Karachi airport landing path. This region of Karachi is literally the edge of city settlements.

Before you open your mouth about why the Pakistani planner allowed this to happen, just watch this. This is your bloody Bombay airport landing.

Delhi:

Calcutta:

So before you open your gob, do some research.
Mahashay, pehle me kya bola oh dekh ke reply karna.
I saidin previous posts that such airports should be moved out far from civilian areas or create a no house zone with examples.....

Its better to keep your mouth shut when people think you are stupid rather than open your wisdom and prove it

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw3RTjS7IQUz4xJj758A-hRx

Just download the PDF and read the airbus a320 does worn the pilots at or under 750 fts
Ok, then in that case landing without gear extended didn't happen as many news channels reporting?

Here is a picture of one of the engine scraping.
It clearly shows metal contacting the runway as the deep white mark.
The black stuff is the carbon fibre.
EYx3AdOXkAA59ba.jpeg

myth, mystery- vs facts. evidence..

d-may24b.jpg

Pakistani tv is showing images of scrape marks on the Karachi runway, purportedly caused by the engines of PIA flight #PK8303.
The photos confirm the A320 made a go-around after the engines touched the runway. The ATC was also mentioning a belly landing.

d-may24g.jpg

PIA Airbus A320 (aircraft registration AP-BLD) engines scrape marks on Karachi Airport Runway 25L.

d-may24d.jpg

The RAT was deployed confirming that both engines failed.

d-may24b.jpg

Pakistani tv is showing images of scrape marks on the Karachi runway, purportedly caused by the engines of PIA flight #PK8303.
The photos confirm the A320 made a go-around after the engines touched the runway. The ATC was also mentioning a belly landing.

d-may24g.jpg

PIA Airbus A320 (aircraft registration AP-BLD) engines scrape marks on Karachi Airport Runway 25L.

d-may24d.jpg

The RAT was deployed confirming that both engines failed.

watch the video above, many things will be clear....

I have heard that there is no warning (sound) if pilot forgets to deploy the landing gear. So there are two possibilities:

1 - Pilot forgets to deploy landing gear; or
2 - The landing gear wasn't properly deployed due to a problem and both pilots ignored the warning.

Ok, then in that case landing without gear extended didn't happen as many news channels reporting?

Here is a picture of one of the engine scraping.
It clearly shows metal contacting the runway as the deep white mark.
The black stuff is the carbon fibre.
View attachment 635207
It did not deploy it did not warn and I will not be surprised if it misled the pilots regarding their speed and alt and by it I mean the flight control system(avionics, sensors computer) of this particular aircraft
It seems as if there was something really wrong with it the pilots only knew about the
The non deployment of their landing gear when their engine scratched the runway they could not belly land the plane a) because of the surprise b) there was no support system on the ground for such landing due to lack of warning they had to fly the aircraft back in air.

I have heard that there is no warning if pilot forgets to deploy the landing gear. So there are two possibilities:

2 - The landing gear wasn't properly deployed due to a problem and both pilots ignored the warning.
Read the PDF file please

I have heard that there is no warning if pilot forgets to deploy the landing gear. So there are two possibilities:

the warning of landing gear can be heard loud n clear in audio ATC/PILOT

JUST WATCH ,VIDEO DETAIL ABOVE IN MY POST,

I have heard that there is no warning (sound) if pilot forgets to deploy the landing gear. So there are two possibilities:

you heard wrong sir land gears have very loud warnings

I wanted to say warning with sound.. or is it? What's in the PDF doc?

Isn't it the warning if landing dear is not properly deployed?
Warning if the pilots forget to deploy at 750 ft warning if it fails to deploy warning if it's not properly deployed in all 3 cases.

Unless the tree jumps in the middle of the road, it's always the driver who is responsible if it hits the tree because the driver did something wrong or did not do something right, you can't blame it on the weather.

The final investigation would reveal the truth, but so far what's out in the public, looks like the initial descent was way too sharp and too far (right in the middle of the runway).

Looking at the pic showing damaged cowlings on both engines and no damage to the nose gear /nose gear door, probably the pilots either forgot to extend in a hurry as the plane had already overshot (first touch down halfway through the runway) or the gear was faulty and did not open.

If the pilots did extend the nose gear and it did not open, then the pilot should have not attempted to land halfway through the runway and done a go-around asking tower to watch/confirm the nose gear.

From the TC and pilot discussion already posted, the controller did ask if he was going for a belly landing? that means there was some issue with the nose gear and controller knew it, or else why would he ask that?

If there was an issue with the nose gear, then the sharp decent may explain that the pilot wanted to bump the nose gear out by intentionally doing a touch and go at a sharp angle but probably miscalculated and came in too sharp and bumped the engines on the runway in the process, and since he came in too sharp, it was difficult to gain speed and momentum again in a short time and since the engines were damaged (which he probably didn't know when he took off again but found out later when failed to attain the altitude controller asked him to maintain).

Since he was already at only 2000 feet with both engines dead and he took two turns, losing height at every turn he just crashed well short of the runway.

Allah knows best what happened and so many innocent people lost their lives. May ALLAH forgive them all and have mercy on their souls. Lately, there have been quite a few aviation accidents in Pakistan be it national or private carriers, and I am not sure how good the investigations were. But instead of shying out of the embarrassing outcome of the investigation, a professional and fair investigation should be done and the reasons found out. And more importantly, in light of these findings, laws, guidelines and procedures must be updated and training imparted to whoever/whatever is found lacking to avoid losses in the future.

And while the investigation is in process, there must be a total ban on all information leakage and anyone found guilty of breaching the trust and involved in criminal activity of leaking information in bits and pieces to cause confusion should be dealt with properly.

CAA. SHARED, OR LEAKED THE CONVERSATION ,
PILOT /TOWER
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CCTV, CAMERA.S INSTALLED ON THE RUN WAYS, ? WHY DINT THEY LEAK THAT ALSO?

IS THE BLAME GOING TO BE ON THE DECEASED PILOTS FAULT?

YESTERDAY ON A TV PROGRAMME , THEY WERE ALL READY SAYING , THAT THE PILOT MADE , ERRORS, DID,T FOLLOW EMERGENCY PROTOCOLS, ,TOOK UN NECESSARY RISK?

WE HAVE SEEN IN SO MANY NUMEROUS REPORTS, INQUIRY,S , COMMISSIONS, THE BLAME, GOES MOSTLEY TO THE DEAD ONE,S ..... BECAUSE THEY CANT DENY, CONTRADICT, NOR DEFEND THERE POSITION,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom