What's new

PIA plane crash near Model Colony Karachi with 93+ on board

Wow,
Wealth of knowledge on that website.
Seems like TOGA error to be blamed.
Pilot initially approaching too fast for landing and had to abort but didn't push TOGA switch.
As a result engines spooled slowly and plane dipped enough for the engines to scrape on the runway, and then went full throttle to get airborne.
The guys saying that although pilots are trained in simulators for touch and go , it is one of the maneuvers where pilot are highly likely to make errors.
It seems pilot error, if you post the recording. CT ask him about his high altitude and all happen while losing the altitude ..

Saturday update

Next decade? Well change it to 'never'. CAA does not have competence to investigate air crash. Its a corrupt body full of PPP and MQM types. Also there had been two previous air crashes in last decade in Pakistan. No report that at leat I have seen was comprehensive and I dont recall if any safety procedures were changed. One crash in 2009 of Air Blue 320 and other of PIA ATR in Dec 2016 which killed Junaid Jamshed.
Likewise thus was the first ever PIA crash when CEO himself appeared in a press conference and promised an enquiry. Also the aviation minister gave a 3 months timeline for the report.

Likewise thus was the first ever PIA crash when CEO himself appeared in a press conference and promised an enquiry. Also the aviation minister gave a 3 months timeline for the report.

Any news on blackbox being recovered?

It seems pilot error, if you post the recording. CT ask him about his high altitude and all happen while losing the altitude ..
Obviously whatever we write here are just assumptions.
But for now pilot error seems to be the best explanation.

Any news on blackbox being recovered?
That was recovered yesterday, and the flight data recorder.

Yup you are right..

Sorry, the vlo speed is actually 250 kts (Max speed at which gear can be extended). 240 kts is the gear retraction vlo.

So, in the haste of the situation in trying to decend rapidly and also slow down, maybe the pilot put the gear down earlier than usual at over 250 knots but the safety system had overridden the command. So despite the lever being down, the gear didn't extend and so the Landing gear alarm was sounding as per in the ATC communications. And so for some reason the pilot believed gear was down but it wasn't.
Pure speculation on my part but possible!

Sorry, the vlo speed is actually 250 kts (Max speed at which gear can be extended).

So, in the haste of the situation in trying to decend rapidly and also slow down, maybe the pilot put the gear down earlier than usual at over 250 knots but the safety system had overridden the command. So despite the lever being down, the gear didn't extend and so the Landing gear alarm was sounding as per in the ATC communications. And so for some reason the pilot believed gear was down but it wasn't.
Pure speculation on my part but possible!
The first bounce was with hard touch down.. in between the second bounce + skid which was with both engines, the pilot retracted the landing gear and full throttle thinking the bounce and momentum will let it fly.. Big Mistake it didn't had enough thrust and the plane skid the runway for short time with both engines before finally gaining altitude..... thats what i believe.

The pilot should have full throttled, once at safe altitute then should have retracted the landing gear...

Notice the landing gear was fully deployed when the plane crashed that means no damage to it....

Thats my take.. Wallahu Alam..

The first bounce was with hard touch down.. in between the second bounce + skid which was with both engines, the pilot retracted the landing gear and full throttle thinking the bounce and momentum will let it fly.. Big Mistake it didn't had enough thrust and the plane skid the runway for short time with both engines before finally gaining altitude..... thats what i believe.

The pilot should have full throttled, once at safe altitute then should have retracted the landing gear...

Notice the landing gear was fully deployed when the plane crashed that means no damage to it....

Thats my take.. Wallahu Alam..

Certainty a possibility. Would be interesting to see any CCTV footage from the Tower. That's if they release it!

PIA airbus crash was human error. We should change both PIA and CAA leadership . PAF is world best airforce but not trained to operate airlines.

Wow,
Wealth of knowledge on that website.
Seems like TOGA error to be blamed.
Pilot initially approaching too fast for landing and had to abort but didn't push TOGA switch.
As a result engines spooled slowly and plane dipped enough for the engines to scrape on the runway, and then went full throttle to get airborne.
The guys saying that although pilots are trained in simulators for touch and go , it is one of the maneuvers where pilot are highly likely to make errors.
Good

Its remarkable how calm was the pilot - Ex RAF pilot on PK8303 crash,
https://www.siasat.pk/forums/thread...he-pilot-ex-raf-pilot-on-pk8303-crash.754695/

Hi,

Calm my ---- pilot had no clue the catastrophe the plane had faced---.

Looks like the Pilot was FASTING---he might have had a low sugar condition---.

This here is a 9000 foot runway---pilot tries to land at 4500 foot marker whereas the total runway length is 9000 ft---that is the first place where the body of the aircraft touches the ground---.

A pilot in a normal condition would not do that---. Frigging pakistani Co-Pilots act as if they are the personal slaves of the Captain---never bothers to question the authority of the Captain evem knowing the captain is suicidal---typical Yessir pakistani mentality---.

That is why I hate when someone calls me SIR---.

Same thing happened with the Air Blue aircraft---the co pilot kept saying sir sir sir---and allowed the captain to smash the aircraft into the islamabad mountainside---.

blob:https://www.facebook.com/b5bd07e0-ea19-4c4b-bd9c-3774f68e7d02

The wheels down once the engines shutoff was a death sentence to the aircraft---.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom