What's new

Philippines Defence Forum

13103340_263810927298457_757921799046444909_n.jpg

Oh ok i thought it was tender ship so are you telling me this can fit inside the tarlac class or its different additional ship?

Oh ok i thought it was tender ship so are you telling me this can fit inside the tarlac class or its different additional ship?

If i'm not mistaken, SSV can only house 2 boats that have equvalent size or smaller than LCM or around 25 meter length inside her welldeck. So, PT.PAL might be just want to promote their line of products to PN as prospective customer.

Last edited:
If i'm not mistaken, SSV can only house 2 boats that have equvalent size or smaller than LCM or around 25 meter length inside her welldeck. So, PT.PAL might be just want to promote their line of products to PN as prospective customer.

So its other Ship well its 38 meters i guess its OPVs but you guys have missile version right i believe it was 25 meters?

So its other Ship well its 38 meters i guess its OPVs but you guys have missile version right i believe it was 25 meters?

Our smallest missile boat currently in production is KCR-40 class, which is more than 40 meter.
kcr-40.jpg

Ok my mistake thanks for the Info but are they classified as missile or OPVs or just missile boats?

With only 250 Ton displacement, around 45 meter length and sailing endurance less than a week, I won't consider this boat as an OPV but littoral combat vessel, which is useful and suitable to patrol Indonesian archipelagic waters. We have 2 varian of this vessel, missile boat and patrol boat. The current operators of this vessel and its derivative are the navy, coast guard and SAR agency.

Hallo sir Pr1v4t33r....
Just see her pennant number, 6XX thats means Fast attack missile boat, Meanwhile pennant number 8XX is just patrol boat. Thats Indonesian Navy standart naming of their ships.

Welcome aboard comrade! thank you for the explanation, i'm well aware of this convention.

Today is handling over ceremony of BRP Tarlac LD-601

ssv.jpg

brp-tarlac.jpg

brp-tarlac-2.jpg

ssv-2.jpg

ssv-.jpg

This ship is scheduled to set sail immediately, in 5 day journey to Philippines after the handling-over ceremony.

Few weeks ago
ssv-keren.jpg

Last edited:
With only 250 Ton displacement, around 45 meter length and sailing endurance less than a week, I won't consider this boat as an OPV but littoral combat vessel, which is useful and suitable to patrol Indonesian archipelagic waters. We have 2 varian of this vessel, missile boat and patrol boat. The current operators of this vessel and its derivative are the navy, coast guard and SAR agency.

Welcome aboard comrade! thank you for the explanation, i'm well aware of this convention.

View attachment 304135
View attachment 304120
View attachment 304121
View attachment 304136
View attachment 304137
This ship is scheduled to set sail immediately, in 5 day journey to Philippines after the handling-over ceremony.

Few weeks ago
View attachment 304138

Ok so basicly a attack support ship thanks for info guys

View attachment 304135
View attachment 304120
View attachment 304121
View attachment 304136
View attachment 304137

Few weeks ago
View attachment 304138

Is it okay to skip the sea trials? I know Philippines Navy wanted it so badly, but this phase is one of the most important thing in ship building. Who knows if there's a flaw that should be repaired before handling it to the customer.

Well then Philippine Navy shouldn't blame us if there's something wrong with their SSV. Just my 2 cents

Is it okay to skip the sea trials? I know Philippines Navy wanted it so badly, but this phase is one of the most important thing in ship building. Who knows if there's a flaw that should be repaired before handling it to the customer. Well then Philippine Navy shouldn't blame us if there's something wrong with their SSV. Just my 2 cents

We already did the sea trial for this vessel a few days back. Someone already post the event few days ago.
- https://defence.pk/threads/indonesia-military-news-discussion-thread.229571/page-644#post-8280986
- https://defence.pk/threads/indonesia-military-news-discussion-thread.229571/page-647#post-8290890

ssv-sea-trial.jpg

BRP Tarlac sea trial few days ago

ssv-sea-trial-2.jpg

BRP Tarlac tight maneuvers during sea trial

While the process might be partial and far from complete, any further evaluation can be done during the 5 days voyage to the Philippines and afterwards. Some said that PT.Pal have partner shipyard in Philippines that can carry out the evaluation and maintenance process for the SSV. CMIIW.

Last edited:
Philippine national elections 2016 ongoing.
Which candidate do you side with?

Can this be equipped with missiles...
Off course, that's why we call it missile boat. Right now we armed this boat with 2×C-705 AShM and AK-630 CIWS system. We use Chinese missile since we have plan to license produce this missile en-masse to fulfil our national defense needs. C-705 missile is the equivalent of French Exocet missile.

c-805.jpg

kcr-40-ciws.jpg

Last edited:
Why Spike? This one already equipped with Anti ship missiles C-705

View attachment 304259
View attachment 304260

Well one ship the PH Navy will be procuring (MPAC Mk. III) apparently has the Spike missile. Anyways, if that ship already has anti-ship missile, then this ship is an ideal choice for PH Navy, with the missiles suitable for the cutters the PH Navy procured from US.

Which candidate do you side with?

Off course, that's why we call this missile boat. Right now we armed this boat with 2×C-705 AShM and AK-630 CIWS system. We use Chinese missile since we have plan to license produce this missile en-masse to fulfil our national defense needs. C-705 missile is the equivalent of French Exocet missile.

View attachment 304270
View attachment 304269

Looking at those missile, that is one possible choice for anti-ship missile that can be mounted onto the Hamilton-class cutters the PH Navy has.

Also, I voted this woman for the presidential position: Miriam Defensor Santiago.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/784111/miriam-santiago-to-youth-guard-the-vote

Last edited:
Looking at those missile, that is one possible choice for anti-ship missile that can be mounted onto the Hamilton-class cutters the PH Navy has.

The original French exocet missile would be perfectly fit to arm the Cutters, since PH would avoid installing Chinese missile system i suppose. The only drawback is the price would jump sky high.

Also, I voted this woman for the presidential position: Miriam Defensor Santiago.

How about her chances to win? any recent poll statistic?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom