What's new

Pew Report: Jews and Hindus are most highly-educated in US

And I gave the example of Blacks in the US to show that it takes more than one Generation to get out of the prison of the past.

No, the situation of Blacks is a whole lot different than the Dalits here. The Dalits while some considered outcastes where never uprooted from their culture or land or treated like animals and sold to slavery. So family values in Dalits is as intact as in other castes. Discrimination against blacks is institutionalized in USA, do not go by what their books claim. Just see Bharatrakshak positive news from USA to understand how deep is the rot.

There is justice only in death. Till then it will always be an unjust society and an unfair world.

That is why we carry Big Sticks and sweet carrots :D

And here I thought you were sweet 16 for life :D

I am not such a pessimist. The world has its fair points and unfair points, that is what makes it interesting - LIFE.

LOL. Oh God, I cannot pretend that when I have real sweet 16s running around my place.

No, the situation of Blacks is a whole lot different than the Dalits here. The Dalits while some considered outcastes where never uprooted from their culture or land or treated like animals and sold to slavery. So family values in Dalits is as intact as in other castes. Discrimination against blacks is institutionalized in USA, do not go by what their books claim. Just see Bharatrakshak positive news from USA to understand how deep is the rot.

A landless farmer is no better than an animal. A landless dalit is no better than an animal. Without education he is an animal destined to work in the brick kilns or as a house maid or construction etc.

Consider the Mexicans in the US or even in Mexico. How do they fare ? just above the blacks.

Tamil Brahmins are very well assimilated and respected group in Kerala unlike other Tamil speaking groups in Kerala,who have no respect for local culture and language..greatest Malayalam poet of all the time 'ulloor s parameswaraiyar is a Tamil Brahmin..
just go to Palaghat town(which has good Tamil Brahmin population) and Munaar(Tamil dalits majority town and are immigrants from madhurai,theni of Tamilnadu to work in tea plantations) in Kerala..In palaghat,you can't see a single Tamil banners or boards and all of them could speak Malayalam fluently and very well integrated with Kerala..But in Dalit Tamil area of Kerala Munaar,you could see only Tamil language boards everywhere,have no respect for Kerala,our language and 99% of them can't speak a single Malayalam word even though they have been here for 40-100 years..
look,Both of them speak Tamil,but see the difference a Brahmin and.a Dalit(no offense)..This is why Tamil Brahmins are very much respected in Kerala..
Pallakad iyers moved to Kerala n the 16th century, they have had enough time to learn the language and customs !!!
By your own statement the Dalits in Munaar have only been there for 40-100 years and unlike Brahmins probably worked in group settings, in plantations etc where the need for knowing the local language was not as high.

Different environment , different motivations . Proving black is white and white is black will only get you killed at a zebra crossing.

A landless farmer is no better than an animal. A landless dalit is no better than an animal. Without education he is an animal destined to work in the brick kilns or as a house maid or construction etc.

Consider the Mexicans in the US or even in Mexico. How do they fare ? just above the blacks.

Nope. There is something about Dharmic religions which does not let even the most marginalized to devolve into animals. Never ever that. Even the house maid working for us is cultured. There is extreme honesty even among our poorest.

A landless farmer is no better than an animal. A landless dalit is no better than an animal. Without education he is an animal destined to work in the brick kilns or as a house maid or construction etc.h

Actually North America is one of the few places where a person without a formal /post secondary education can make a decent living.

Blacks are not the social pariah they are made out to be in American society (well according to people on this forum). Infact the "American culture" (music, arts, pop culture) as we know it, comes mainly from the Blacks -well atleast a huge chunk of it. Same can not be said about the roles Dalits play in their native lands- therefore I do not see parallels.

As for why Black families are poorer than most immigrant groups in America... that is a whole different topic on its own.

Nope. There is something about Dharmic religions which does not let even the most marginalized to devolve into animals. Never ever that. Even the house maid working for us is cultured. There is extreme honesty even among our poorest.
Those are sweeping statements, and as a person whose family has been robbed blind by the maid who once worked for us, I cannot say that the maid in our case was extremely honest....but definitely extreme honesty does exist among poor and rich alike around the same proportion I would say, the poor are no better or worse than the not-poor.

One thing that you got me thinking though, was that I personally have never seen any kind of discrimination or social victimization on the basis of caste in fact I have seen a lot more victimization of people for being fat than for being of whichever caste. My entire assumption that it is in fact a problem in India comes from press reports and the media in general.

Last edited:
well not to sound rude , many so called brahmins ( i am also one ) have really punched above their weight . i do not consider myself as special or privileged . my grand parent did not have a piece of land . my father through all the hardship made a house . so no , not all brahmins are rich to begin with . in the medical college where i studied had 150 seats , barring the reserved seats around 40-50 % are brahmins . there are also a few brahmins who were from very poor family and their strive for success what brought them where they are . many of brahmin friend's fathers income was less than a lakh.
in my class top 40 ranks were mostly brahmins around 90% . we had also a fewsc/st who were very bright.
the moot point is HARDSHIP . thats what grants success.

Actually North America is one of the few places where a person without a formal /post secondary education can make a decent living.

Blacks are not the social pariah they are made out to be in American society (well according to people on this forum). Infact the "American culture" (music, arts, pop culture) as we know it, comes mainly from the Blacks -well atleast a huge chunk of it. Same can not be said about the roles Dalits play in their native lands- therefore I do not see parallels.

As for why Black families are poorer than most immigrant groups in America... that is a whole different topic on its own.
It may surprise you but according to an American study, social mobility in India is not substantially different from America. Google it, it's freely available.

Blacks do dominate in entertainment and sports but how many black millionaires do you have? Black doctors, black lawyers, black agents for those sports and movie stars? They are poorly represented in all fields other than welfare and prison. Is it 1 in 10 black males are incarcerated? There is still a lot of casual racism in the US, ask any black person they will tell you they need to be 25% better than a white person at the same job to be taken seriously.

Those are sweeping statements, and as a person whose family has been robbed blind by the maid who once worked for us, I cannot say that the maid in our case was extremely honest....but definitely extreme honesty does exist among poor and rich alike around the same proportion I would say, the poor are no better or worse than the not-poor.

One thing that you got me thinking though, was that I personally have never seen any kind of discrimination or social victimization on the basis of caste in fact I have seen a lot more victimization of people for being fat than for being of whichever caste. My entire assumption that it is in fact a problem in India comes from press reports and the media in general.

Sorry about that maid of yours, but perhaps we have been fortunate enough to have honest maids working for us. My maid has been with me now for 8 years and most times she works, I am not there to supervise. Even if there is money lying here or there in the house. Also dad was in construction, so he had plenty of labor to deal with. There were a few dishonest ones, but the honest one outnumbered them by far.

Caste system is a reality only in some remote villages. Even there it is not of an magnitude of order the way our Marxists make it out to be. I suspect they keep beating this drum out of some other considerations than human dignity.

It may surprise you but according to an American study, social mobility in India is not substantially different from America. Google it, it's freely available.

Blacks do dominate in entertainment and sports but how many black millionaires do you have? Black doctors, black lawyers, black agents for those sports and movie stars? They are poorly represented in all fields other than welfare and prison. Is it 1 in 10 black males are incarcerated? There is still a lot of casual racism in the US, ask any black person they will tell you they need to be 25% better than a white person at the same job to be taken seriously.
Social status does not automatically correlate with higher income (see Jews). There is racism and then there is social segregation. Blacks play a huge role in defining the social make up of America. Dalits on the other hand do not.

This is such a BS. If that was the case why are 50 million Americans on food stamps or whatever name it goes by now.

Blacks are the social pariah and the inner cities are ghettos where they fester. There is a red line in housing where a black is denied housing in a white locality under some pretext or other. Blacks only dominate the music scene and even that is not considered high class. Ebonics is not exactly considered a language of class.

well not to sound rude , many so called brahmins ( i am also one ) have really punched above their weight . i do not consider myself as special or privileged . my grand parent did not have a piece of land . my father through all the hardship made a house . so no , not all brahmins are rich to begin with . in the medical college where i studied had 150 seats , barring the reserved seats around 40-50 % are brahmins . there are also a few brahmins who were from very poor family and their strive for success what brought them where they are . many of brahmin friend's fathers income was less than a lakh.
in my class top 40 ranks were mostly brahmins around 90% . we had also a fewsc/st who were very bright.

You have to decide. First you said majority of doctors in your hospital were Christians, now you say most of the guys graduating from your college are Brahmins. So if Brahmins are training as doctors most then why are they not the most represented in your hospital?

Also, agree Brahmins have punched above their weight. This was already agreed to by us when we said they form the elite section of our society and dominate all the spheres of Indian economy.

I agree Brahmins are very good at "studying" and will go to a lot of trouble to do so, the only point being made here is that studying is only useful up to a point, it makes you get good grades in competitive exams and get into medical schools but does it make you good doctors? I would argue that to be a good doctor you need empathy, an understanding of human nature, an ability to make decisions under pressure, initiative and many many other factors. Brahmins may get better marks due to long tradition and family culture of simple living combined with long hours of studying and interpreting religious texts but is that enough to make you a better doctor? I submit the answer is a big fat NO.

Pallakad iyers moved to Kerala n the 16th century, they have had enough time to learn the language and customs !!!
By your own statement the Dalits in Munaar have only been there for 40-100 years and unlike Brahmins probably worked in group settings, in plantations etc where the need for knowing the local language was not as high.

Different environment , different motivations . Proving black is white and white is black will only get you killed at a zebra crossing.
same all over Kerala..There are many Tamils in my hometown too(where 99% of population are Malayalam speakers),Most of them are working as salesman,hotel boys in our area and are living for many years..Still 99% can't speak a single Malayalam word and show no interest in learning it(yes,Its a not a big problem for a Malayali to understand or speak Tamil,so not a big problem for us though)...
40-100 years means 2-3 generations are not enough for you people??..I have learned Tamil,Kannada and Beary bashe(Malayalam-Tulu Creole) within 2 year..

Social status does not automatically correlate with higher income (see Jews). There is racism and then there is social segregation. Blacks play a huge role in defining the social make up of America. Dalits on the other hand do not.

Dalits do not have to stand out because they are not socially segregated as the blacks in USA. So there is no need for them to be cast as opposites or form an alternative culture.

This is such a BS. If that was the case why are 50 million Americans on food stamps or whatever name it goes by now.

Blacks are the social pariah and the inner cities are ghettos where they fester. There is a red line in housing where a black is denied housing in a white locality under some pretext or other. Blacks only dominate the music scene and even that is not considered high class. Ebonics is not exactly considered a language of class.

You have to decide. First you said majority of doctors in your hospital were Christians, now you say most of the guys graduating from your college are Brahmins. So if Brahmins are training as doctors most then why are they not the most represented in your hospital?

Also, agree Brahmins have punched above their weight. This was already agreed to by us when we said they form the elite section of our society and dominate all the spheres of Indian economy.
what i said was about christian is through all india seats and that too pg , rest are MBBS seats in state route. state pg seats are divided into zillion types so its quite diverse .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom