What's new

Petrol increased by PKR 30 to PKR 209.9

Pakistani’s don’t have money either.

Whoever has to pay more, will always complain.

With increasing global competition for resources of all kinds, those who have no money will have to learn to do without, plain and simple.

I said it few days ago, and I am saying it again.. iss awam se jab tak roti nahi chhinay gi yeh apna haq chheennay ke liey bahir nahi niklay gi

To paraphrase a historically famous quote, "if the people have no roti, let them eat parathas". :D

The problem is we are accepting American terms due to a threat rather than inflow of money.

It is clear that it is no one else but Pakistan's fault that it has no money. Why blame others?

BTW, I am really starting to question the political acument of N league now.

I genuinely believed till a while back that they actually are politically acute folks.

Who told them to get rid of a hugely unpopular Imran Khan a year before elections and take it all on their head?

Then once he was gone, who told them to not announce elections early on?

Then once they did the required amendments to the laws, who told them to stay in government for the full term and not announce elections?

Then once they are seeing default on one hand due to no IMF, they are left with increasing the prices.

Also note, waisay to har press conference main 15 ittehadi ajatay hain aur sab bakwas kar jatay hain, but idhr Miftah akele ko samnay kar dia to take the blame...other coalition partners nowhere to be found.

JI ki to tweet agayi hai, expect MQM to slide out too.
You are assuming pmln to be a political party who has to survive in public. That's incorrect assumption. Their time as political party was already finished the day IK came to power. NS or his offsprings have no chance to be in power. Pakistan is a spent cow for them that they are taking to the slaughter house now. They are imposed on Pakistan one last time, to strip Pakistan off its nukes and enable India countering china in region.
So its not about political accumnen or lack of it. Its western establishment's conspiracy against sole Muslim nuclear power with potent army, one big hurdle in india's path to challenge chinese.

The problem is we are accepting American terms due to a threat rather than inflow of money.
Money is flowing out of the country at the moment.

Many overseas Pakistanis are selling their assets.

The short term solution that IK brought was to depend on his own people.. overseas Pakistanis.. who responded to his call and really helped Pakistan.. Some people I personally know who only opened Roshan Digital Accounts to help Pakistan economy.

All of that confidence is gone now.. Forget about Foreigners.. your own Pakistanis are not ready to trust you.. When I say "you", I mean "riyasat".

To paraphrase a historically famous quote, "if the people have no roti, let them eat parathas". :D
lol

PTI ke naaray woh bhi Askari pe?
AFAIK.. Karachi at the moment belongs to PTI.. exactly three months back, it wasn't.

Even Askari residents support PTI.. and those who were neutral few hours ago have probably also decided to take a side.

You are assuming pmln to be a political party who has to survive in public. That's incorrect assumption. Their time as political party was already finished the day IK came to power. NS or his offsprings have no chance to be in power. Pakistan is a spent cow for them that they are taking to the slaughter house now. They are imposed on Pakistan one last time, to strip Pakistan off its nukes and enable India countering china in region.
So its not about political accumnen or lack of it. Its western establishment's conspiracy against sole Muslim nuclear power with potent army, one big hurdle in india's path to challenge chinese.

I would be careful before ruling N league out just like that.

I do sometimes believe that a fair few of our friends online are in a bubble, and they do believe that N league support is all finished, while the reality can be starkly different.

They still have a very strong support base in central Punjab.

Pakistan had money. IK left $22 billion plus foreign reserves.

Compared to its needs, that is not much, and PMIK started burning it for his ill-advised increased subsidy. There is less than $10 billion left as of this week.

Compared to its needs, that is not much, and PMIK started burning it for his ill-advised increased subsidy. There is less than $10 billion left as of this week.
PMLN had a chance to reverse that on the first day.

Okay here is what is happening. The current trap for Pakistan.
SBP is independent which means you cannot flow dollars into market to lower dollar price and oil price cannot be lowered by making dollar cheap cause you cannot manipulating dollar.
You cannot subsidies oil as IMF will not fund you and with the foreign reserves left you cannot survive long. Without IMF providing guarantee you cannot get LC to purchase oil and this will result in oil shortage and we all know what will happen then.
So how to get out of this economic trap requires out of the box thinking and we need to look into past of how to establish alternate economy to help the poor with getting cheap energy.

there are few ethical and few unethical ways to get out of this trap.

Yes I know how much is left but PMLN increased the oil price a bit late and burned a few more foreign reserves. those idiots don't know IK's biggest economic strength was his focus on reducing CAD and turning it into CAS if these idiots follow his foot steps they will put economy back on track after a month of abuse from public.

Well I would not say that the Swvl, Careem, Airlift, and Truck It In business decisions really have a whole lot to do with the current situation. Sure, it have exacerbated the situation, but these companies were already running on loss making models and were in a crunch due to the global economic downturn.

The startup culture needs to be curtailed in from showing lofty profits to investors 10 years in the future and hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom