What's new

Perhaps India should Look for Ways it can be a Part of CPEC

Yeah ... According to Hallucinating Hindus, Pakistan was going to implode in 47 and ever since as well. Still hasn't happened. And don't bring in 71, that country was good riddance anyways.

You've already imploded once. How soon before there's another round?

As long as Pak continues looking at India as an enemy, nothing will change. The onus is on you to change, not India.

Why isIndia using the same strategy that has been use before. India need to be original and come up with a new idea. If so, India won't have to brag just about Brahmos.

1971?

You've already imploded once. How soon before there's another round?

As long as Pak continues looking at India as an enemy, nothing will change. The onus is on you to change, not India.

1971?

Bangalis got a country out of it by being part of the Pakistan movement. Good for them. Alone they didn't have a leader then to cut out their own country. So it was inevitable.

There will be no implosion. We've secured and fully integrated FATA and established cantonments there as well. Your sponsored terrorism has made us stronger in resolve and we are plugging the weak points.

As Jinnah said, there is no power on this earth that can undo Pakistan.

As for you Hindus, Keep hallucinating as you have been since (& even before) the brutal surgery of your Akhand Bharat :)

If you talk about SCS, we can refer you to disappear of Sikkim, so...
If you think India does not need to cool down the tension with Pakistan, then good luck...

Lol, for a split second, I thought you were a serious about building trust with neighbors.

If you go by what Pakistanis say, the only way to cool down tension with them is if India offered them Jammu & Kashmir on a platter. But if you ask me, I can bet my bottom dollar that they won't be satisfied with even Kashmir. Kashmir would just be the beginning of what they call an unfinished agenda of dividing Indian subcontinent on the basis of religion - a thought makes all islamists salivate.

However, I can understand why the Chinese, insulated from the ensuing mess by the mighty Himalayas, would love the balkanization of India to happen. But I have to give it to you guys for trying to sell the idea to Indians themselves! Lol.

But why would you guyz need a land route through Paksitan. You already Got Chahbahar . right ? :D

Exactly, my question!

Why does India even need CPEC?

India will never accept CPEC,it would be going against our stated position.

That is short sighted and stupid position of the Indians. Indians should be working for a peaceful and prosperous region and not play the part of bully boys. India should set aside a few billion dollars for investment in Pakistan , like China has in rail and road links between new Delhi and Kabul and China. If need be Indians should get rid of this mad and sinister Guji Modhi.

That is short sighted and stupid position of the Indians. Indians should be working for a peaceful and prosperous region and not play the part of bully boys. India should set aside a few billion dollars for investment in Pakistan , like China has in rail and road links between new Delhi and Kabul and China. If need be Indians should get rid of this mad and sinister Guji Modhi.

Its not that simple.

Trading and investing in Pakistan is not an issue. India would be glad to do that but trading through a disputed territory would bring in legitimacy to Pakistan's case and would complicate the negotiations for India.

Here the ball is clearly in Pakistan's court to resolve the boundary issue with India. Until then India would keep opposing the route.

India has a habbit of destroying business and economic corridors , just look at the gas line project we had got destroyed and delayed by india with delays for 10-15 years , so I think at present there is no room for india in immdiate logic

May be in 10-15 years once India leaves Kashmir to its people we can bring up the idea

Capture of Spy involved in killing and boming in Karachi does not helps and a Terrorist Modi who openly states in speeches about Terrorism
pak-spy-759.jpg

• India may have been also involved in Killing of French Submarine Engineers , as their Spies were busy in that same area

The man has confessed openly to killing and bombing across city and supporting people for Terrorism

So I think there is no FAT chance

Last edited:
Have you listen to the video? Did you understand what he said?

He was basically implying that Pakistan's policy of supporting terrorism against India would one day consume Pakistan itself.

No it won't. You have to read between the lines. India knows something like this is impossible unless it supports terrorist groups in Pakistan overtly, and even then it's nearly impossible.

No it won't. You have to read between the lines. India knows something like this is impossible unless it supports terrorist groups in Pakistan overtly, and even then it's nearly impossible.

The only thing India knows is that terrorists come to India from Pakistan and Pakistan instead of taking action against such elements keeps supporting them openly.

My take on the topic: only if they get on their knees and hold their hands and beg for forgiveness. And then proceed to kiss the feet of every Pakistani till perpetuity....begging us to join.

On a slightly more serious note: if CPEC turn out to be even 70% of what we all envision then it's only inevitable India would be part of CPEC. It is in everyone's interest. Probably in 10 to 15 years once the Modi Hindvita extremism love affair by the Indian voters is over.

Lol, for a split second, I thought you were a serious about building trust with neighbors.

If you go by what Pakistanis say, the only way to cool down tension with them is if India offered them Jammu & Kashmir on a platter. But if you ask me, I can bet my bottom dollar that they won't be satisfied with even Kashmir. Kashmir would just be the beginning of what they call an unfinished agenda of dividing Indian subcontinent on the basis of religion - a thought makes all islamists salivate.

However, I can understand why the Chinese, insulated from the ensuing mess by the mighty Himalayas, would love the balkanization of India to happen. But I have to give it to you guys for trying to sell the idea to Indians themselves! Lol.

Exactly, my question!

Why does India even need CPEC?
The mess in South Asia is caused by India itself. None of them are other people's business.
If it was not for your Neheru's Forward policy, there would be no 1962 war. then China will not be sided with Pakistan.
I have to repeat these sentences. After India get independent and set English as its language, its strategic thinking is almost the same as American/British. Every big power try to lower the tension in its direct neighborehood, only India try to make it as higher as possible. so good luck....
Whether you like it or not, whether India needs it or not, CPEC will be there, it is the top priority in China's national strategy. China is not USA, its policy will not change due to swap of the leadership, it plans up to 50 years. So you have to pray that China will collapse... or Pakistan reject the offer...

Last edited:
A non starter . Reasons :

1. Anything for India that passes through Pakistan cannot be guaranteed to remain operational, eg : Gas pipeline.

2. The CPEC passes thru disputed territory possibly even along areas illegally ceded by Pak to China. Joining it would amount to an acceptance of illegal ownership of land.

3. Investments in Chabahar.

It could potentially become a starter if we just consider it for a moment.

(1) Of course it can't be guaranteed to remain operational but then again nothing can. So what we have to look for instead is whether certain circumstances can be created to make sure that disruption in CPEC becomes far too costly for any country. This can be achieved by having treaty safeguards in place like the Indus Water Treaty which has stood the test of time despite our disagreements with each other. In addition the number of countries involved would make it extremely difficult for Pakistan to unilateral throw a spanner in the works because trade between China, Russia, the Central Asia States, Iran, Afghanistan and possibly more countries to follow with India will ensure that the international costs of such an action will be astronomical to the point of being suicidal.

Yes one can come up with scenarios like 'what happens in war' but then thats the very purpose of having such an agreement because economic integration makes war extremely costly for either countries and through such economic integration we woild end up creating lobbies of 'peace' within each country who don't want tensions between the two states if for no other reason than the disruption of trade. In addition again the international consequences of a misadventure like Kargil or Siachin would be too great for either country to contemplate. In pretty much the same vein the amount of meddling we do in each other's internal affairs would drastically reduce as well.

Lastly it might even herald in an era of genuine peace, prosperity and intergration between the two South Asian neighbors the likes of which hasn't been seen since before '65 war.

(2) Look lets consider the ground realities before us. Neither of us can do jack sh*t to each other. You can't capture our Kashmir and we can't capture yours. The best solution is to have a Republic of Ireland vs Northern Ireland kinda arrangement in place - freedom of movement and the choice to hold dual nationalities of the citizens and represent either Ireland. But such a solution requires a great deal of maturity on both our parts that I don't foresee happening till much later. In the meantime heres what we can do: We write up a treaty that ensures that CPEC is operationalised without prejudicing the final solution to the Kashmir issue. Its like when Pakistan recognized (and not ceded) Chinese controlled Kashmir to China, the border agreement states something to the affect that the final boundries will be revisited at or subject to the final settlement of the Kashmir Issue.

I'm not a lawyer but perhaps something can be evolved like they did for the Good Friday Agreement to end the Troubles in the 1990s.

(3) Chabahar is not a competitor to Gwadar it is seen by both Iranians and Pakistanis as something complimentary to Gwadar. The amount of traffic thats going to pass through this region when China, Russia, the Central Asian states and others get on board with the CPEC will probably be more than Gwadar can handle. In addition Gwadar still provides the shortest land-route between India and Pakistan as part of CPEC you guys could just as easily disembark at either Chabahar or Gwadar and drive it to India over land. Imagine the industries that this would create in the Indian states bordering Pakistan.

Heck it might even make Indian administered Kashmir and Pakistan administered Kashmir more prosperous if they're economically integrated with the CPEC.

Its a win-win for both India and Pakistan, if...and thats a big 'if', we can learn to look beyond our jingoism and parochialism.

Just imagine the dividends of 'peace' for the region.

(4) There is one downside though; if things normalize between India and Pakistan....I'm gonna steal all your women with my suave and charm. :chilli:

Wait...is that why you're against this project? :o:

Oh don't worry I can be your wingman when we hit the night clubs of Delhi together. :enjoy:

Bangalis got a country out of it by being part of the Pakistan movement. Good for them. Alone they didn't have a leader then to cut out their own country. So it was inevitable.

There will be no implosion. We've secured and fully integrated FATA and established cantonments there as well. Your sponsored terrorism has made us stronger in resolve and we are plugging the weak points.

As Jinnah said, there is no power on this earth that can undo Pakistan.

As for you Hindus, Keep hallucinating as you have been since (& even before) the brutal surgery of your Akhand Bharat :)

The same argument can be made for the tribals, Balochs and Sindhis.

Kindly let us be part of CPEC, let us also make some profit out of this mega project.
Won't the large hearted people of Pakistan help out poor old India.:D
It will be mutually beneficial.:enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom