What's new

Pentagon 2 | US building its 'Colonial Headquarter' in Pakistan?

What I meant to say is, as Pakistan gets closer to China, US may very well need to destabilize Pakistan to reduce Chinese influence in the region.

China and Pakistan have been very close for decades now without any US issues, so your logic simply does not follow. It remains in both China's and USA's interest to keep Pakistan stable.

China and Pakistan have been very close for decades now without any US issues, so your logic simply does not follow. It remains in both China's and USA's interest to keep Pakistan stable.

Well, I concede to that. I guess I was simply grasping at straws. Simply put, I am not comfortable with US influence in Pakistan.

Well, I concede to that. I guess I was simply grasping at straws. Simply put, I am not comfortable with US influence in Pakistan.

Most of the Pakistani intellectuals who believe in marxism, do have very similar reservation about USA.

However if you tell such intellectuals that they speak marxist lingo,

they recoil in horror.

Which I don't understand

If someone wants to be marxist, then he/she should be proud marxist and not hide behind relgion or other excuses

Most of the Pakistani intellectuals who believe in marxism, do have very similar reservation about USA.

However if you tell such intellectuals that they speak marxist lingo,

they recoil in horror.

Which I don't understand

If someone wants to be marxist, then he/she should be proud marxist and not hide behind relgion or other excuses

You calling me a commie, mate?!

Jokes aside, I know very little about Marxism. Perhaps I'll take up a book on it someday.
My discomfort stems from the sheer weight and power the US carries with it. It's foreign policy and military machinery are well oiled and incredibly destructive if used against you. But their nation building department is not mature enough and often backfires on them leaving a destructive trail.

You calling me a commie, mate?!
I hope not

Jokes aside, I know very little about Marxism. Perhaps I'll take up a book on it someday.
My discomfort stems from the sheer weight and power the US carries with it. It's foreign policy and military machinery are well oiled and incredibly destructive if used against you. But their nation building department is not mature enough and often backfires on them leaving a destructive trail.

Yes please do. Anti-US propaganda emnates from mraxist leftist press.

If USA has worked to become the power it is, why we need to be discomforted.

Just appreciate what they are

Work with them if they want to us to work with them

Mutual benefits!

Being uncomfortable is good actually, for Pakistanis must remember that USA will follow its own national interests. The key is to make sure that there is a reasonable alignment of those interests with the national interests of Pakistan at all times. Being comfortable leads to complacency and that is never good in the long run.

What is your basis for saying that Sir? What other nuclear armed country can you think of that is more important to stabilize?

So you think they have the biggest US Embassy in Islamabad and the largest number of so-called " Diplomats " ( remember according to the US, CIA contractors like Raymond Davis were called " Diplomats " ) is designed to Stabilize Pakistan ?

Or is it the other way around ?

Last edited:
So you think they have the biggest US Embassy in Islamabad and the largest number of so-called " Diplomats " ( remember according to the US CIA contractors like Raymond Davis were Diplomats ) is designed to Stabilize Pakistan ?

Let me say this

It is far more beneficial for USA to see a stable Pakistan
as opposed to
unstable one.

And there are many many reasons for that. Too many to cover in this thread

Hope this explains enough

Let me say this

It is far more beneficial for USA to see a stable Pakistan
as opposed to
unstable one.

And there are many many reasons for that. Too many to cover in this thread

Hope this explains enough

It does not explain squat and you as usual remain clueless.

You think the trip Raymond Davis made to Mozang , Lahore was designed to stabilize Pakistan ?

So you think they have the biggest US Embassy in Islamabad and the largest number of so-called " Diplomats " ( remember according to the US CIA contractors like Raymond Davis were Diplomats ) is designed to Stabilize Pakistan ?

The bigger the failures of governance in Pakistan, the more support needed to stabilize the country. Pakistan needs to step up its own game before anything else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom