What's new

Peace in Afghanistan Will Not be Possible Until Kabul Acknowledges The Durand Line'

In fact the millions of Afghans residing in Pakistan completely contradict this idea that Afghans were forbidden; but either way it's ridiculous to think that the only solution to gain access to land is to claim it and invade and antagonise the owners for eternity.
Apparently Mr. @Solomon2 here thinks that it is ok to invade lands for grazing coz America/Canada had such an agreement :tsk:

I did challenge you to "prove me wrong" but I seem to have missed where you did, would you point that out please?
This is your final warning...Kindly stop trolling!

@Slav Defence @waz No more sympathy for this troll and his fake sympathies!

I did challenge you to "prove me wrong" but I seem to have missed where you did, would you point that out please?
For this lie, I will give you a warning....Kindly stop lying and trolling! You were warned previously and you just cant seem to help yourself!

Provide your proof that the border was changed, provide your proof that Pakistan mistreated Afghanistan (and dont forget to overlook the 3 million and their descendants that we kept on our land for 3 decades) and also do provide the proof that the grazing deal was inked and broken!

Also be the voice for Afghanistan to take back its 3 million and extra descendants coz we are barbarians who break treaties! We wont even ask for a thank you note...Just take them back coz after all we are violating a treaty for allowing them to "graze" on our land!

Apparently Mr. @Solomon2 here thinks that it is ok to invade lands for grazing coz America/Canada had such an agreement :tsk:

This is your final warning...Kindly stop trolling!

@Slav Defence @waz No more sympathy for this troll and his fake sympathies!

For this lie, I will give you a warning....Kindly stop lying and trolling! You were warned previously and you just cant seem to help yourself!

Provide your proof that the border was changed, provide your proof that Pakistan mistreated Afghanistan (and dont forget to overlook the 3 million and their descendants that we kept on our land for 3 decades) and also do provide the proof that the grazing deal was inked and broken!

Also be the voice for Afghanistan to take back its 3 million and extra descendants coz we are barbarians who break treaties! We wont even ask for a thank you note...Just take them back coz after all we are violating a treaty for allowing them to "graze" on our land!
This Solomon2 is a very clever guy. He won't even respond to your post @Dubious.

Pin this thread to show @Solomon2 's dishonesty.

@Solomon2 just runs away.

You pretty much spelled it out to @Solomon2 letter by letter.

@BHarwana please take care of @Solomon2

He is gone bro already :)

I don't agree with this statement that peace in Afghanistan is only possible with their recognition of Durand line.

Afghan peace is only possible if foreign powers stop intervening in Afghanistan for their own goals. Every one needs to exit Afghanistan and let the Afghanis decide t for them selves.

The problem here is that Solomon refuses to acknowledge even the middle ground. I've stated multiple times that Pakistan would be willing to negotiate modalities of Afghan and Pakistanis travelling back and forth (across the Afghan-Pakistan border) more freely for family, trade and pasture AFTER Afghanistan accepts the current Afghanistan-Pakistan border.

In decades & centuries past people migrated freely across borders when they wished, but modern nation-States don't consider that feasible as we become more congested, documented economies with strong competition for resources and greater demands on services and infrastructure. The needs of modern nation-states require border control and immigrant (permanent or temporary) documentation.

Solomon's 'pet' Israel is perhaps the strongest example of 'border demarcation', acting in the face of international censure, international agreements and UNSC Resolutions. His 'homeland' of the US is currently embroiled in a national debate over the construction of a 'huge' wall to stop cross-border movement. Yet he has the gall to call for Pakistan to negate any and all border control measures it has put in place, despite those measures being completely in accordance with international law and Pakistan's international obligations.

His argument is nothing more than a Pakistan bashing non-sequitur.

The fact remains, for there to be regional peace, Afghanistan must accept the current Pakistan-Afghanistan border as demarcated under the Durand Agreement, and the US has a responsibility (if it truly desires regional peace and stabilization in Afghanistan) to openly condemn any Afghan statements or policies that do not accept the border.

We've had peace with Afghanistan since the very beginning, while they didn't accept the Durand line. Peace was compromised by the Russians and then the US. None of this was due to the Durand line.

The Taliban government, the most pro-Pakistan government ever, never accepted the Durand line.

Looking for friends in Afghanistan who will accept the Durand line? It's gonna get very lonely....

The problem here is that Solomon refuses to acknowledge even the middle ground. I've stated multiple times that Pakistan would be willing to negotiate modalities of Afghan and Pakistanis travelling back and forth (across the Afghan-Pakistan border) more freely for family, trade and pasture AFTER Afghanistan accepts the current Afghanistan-Pakistan border.

In decades & centuries past people migrated freely across borders when they wished, but modern nation-States don't consider that feasible as we become more congested, documented economies with strong competition for resources and greater demands on services and infrastructure. The needs of modern nation-states require border control and immigrant (permanent or temporary) documentation.

Solomon's 'pet' Israel is perhaps the strongest example of 'border demarcation', acting in the face of international censure, international agreements and UNSC Resolutions. His 'homeland' of the US is currently embroiled in a national debate over the construction of a 'huge' wall to stop cross-border movement. Yet he has the gall to call for Pakistan to negate any and all border control measures it has put in place, despite those measures being completely in accordance with international law and Pakistan's international obligations.

His argument is nothing more than a Pakistan bashing non-sequitur.

The fact remains, for there to be regional peace, Afghanistan must accept the current Pakistan-Afghanistan border as demarcated under the Durand Agreement, and the US has a responsibility (if it truly desires regional peace and stabilization in Afghanistan) to openly condemn any Afghan statements or policies that do not accept the border.

Bro you missed the whole point here. The question of Afghanis recognising the Durand line or not is non existent. This article is only being written to make a dead cow come back to alive. Plus blaming the Afghan peace on Durand line is actually blaming us that because of Durand line we are not letting Afghanistan be in peace. Actually it is USA who is burning Afghanistan by not leaving it and continuing its presence.

I am aware the Pathans, Tajiks, and Harazars hate each other.

Nevertheless, They still want a country of their own.

They will never accept disintegration of their country.
once the euphoria settles, the tajiks and hazaras will demand a separate state
Because until then the Afghans were not forbidden to migrate to and from what became Pakistani territory.
what?..eh...? What are you talking about?...

The afghans have been forbidden since 1921.. There were domicle certificates before partition ..such identity cards dont even exist in USA

We've had peace with Afghanistan since the very beginning, while they didn't accept the Durand line. Peace was compromised by the Russians and then the US. None of this was due to the Durand line.

The Taliban government, the most pro-Pakistan government ever, never accepted the Durand line.

Looking for friends in Afghanistan who will accept the Durand line? It's gonna get very lonely....
True the Afghan Taliban never accepted the Durand-Khan Border....but they did not stir up trouble either...unlike what Afghan governments from 1947 to 1996 and 2001 onwards did.....

And do the Afghan Taliban accept all the other borders of Afghanistan? Or is just the one with Pakistan???

True the Afghan Taliban never accepted the Durand-Khan Border....but they did not stir up trouble either...unlike what Afghan governments from 1947 to 1996 and 2001 onwards did.....

And do the Afghan Taliban accept all the other borders of Afghanistan? Or is just the one with Pakistan???

Good question, does anybody know about the status of Afghanistan's other borders? I met an Iranian who's view was that there is no such place as Afghanistan, it's just a part of Iran.

I know that the 'Wakhan corridor' was a creation of Britain and Russia as a way of keeping a buffer between them.

You are correct - many non-Pashtun Afghan's are strongly opposed to this 'Greater Pashtunishtan' idea because a larger Pashtun population in Afghanistan would marginalize the other ethnic groups even further.

And yet the Generals in RWP continue to appease Afghan Pushtuns in the hope that they will give up their hostility against Pakistan in general and Punjab in particular.

Good question, does anybody know about the status of Afghanistan's other borders? I met an Iranian who's view was that there is no such place as Afghanistan, it's just a part of Iran.

I know that the 'Wakhan corridor' was a creation of Britain and Russia as a way of keeping a buffer between them.
Well co terminous Afghanistan was part of many Persian speaking empires for longer than any part of India (British) was part of Persian speaking empires. But more than India many ethnic Persians also lived in Afghanistan and still do, they are just called Tajiks. It was when the Hotak and Durrani empires rebelled against various Persian speaking empires (including the Mughals) then Afghanistan came into being. Incidentally it was a co terminous Pakistani who laid the road for Afghans (Pukhtoons) to eventually establish their own state which ended up including many ethnic Persians ( Tajik).
I also know an Iranian who thinks Afghanistan ought to be divided between Iran and Pakistan.
Coming back to the question on whether Afghan Taliban accept all the other borders is important as this will allow Pakistanis to see what their true intentions are, I suspect that deep down they are more of a ethnic Pukhtoon movement despite have other ethnics amongst them.

Last edited:
Pakistan treats these as mere favors that can be withheld at whim, not as Afghanis' legal rights, correct? That's not at all the same thing as rights stipulated by the terms of a treaty.
Correct afghani dont have legal rights to move in Pakistan ..just like candians,Mexicans and Americans don't have the right

Back
Top Bottom