What's new

Peace in Afghanistan Will Not be Possible Until Kabul Acknowledges The Durand Line'

The suggestion is that since Pakistan changed the border from uncontrolled to controlled that updated treaty arrangements between the two be made in exchange for Afghan recognition of the DL.

It may not be something as small as acknowledging the right of American fishermen to dry their cod on Canadian seashores but in essence Pakistan's concessions would be something similar.
@Dubious just ban this troll.

What do you mean by uncontrolled? The Durand line was the official demarcated border between British Raj India and Afghanistan.

The suggestion is that since Pakistan changed the border from uncontrolled to controlled that updated treaty arrangements between the two be made in exchange for Afghan recognition of the DL.

It may not be something as small as acknowledging the right of American fishermen to dry their cod on Canadian seashores but in essence Pakistan's concessions would be something similar.
Is there anything in the Durand Agreement or any subsequent agreements/treaties between Afghanistan and the British or Afghanistan and Pakistan that references 'border control mechanisms'? When you state that Pakistan changed the border from 'controlled to uncontrolled', what legal instrument, that defined 'controlled vs uncontrolled', was Pakistan 'violating'?

@Solomon2...Either you are drunk and have no understanding of what you are typing...Or you are trolling...Take your pick!

For trolling I would issue you a warning for trolling under the influence I would ban you! :enjoy:

It didnt...

And then you claimed you never said anything about a new treaty and even suspected my English! :unsure:

When asked to prove the border was changed since early 1919!
Thank you for coming. SERIOUSLY JUST BAN @Solomon2 , he is so annoying, doesn't accept the facts!

Pakistan never changed the border otherwise United Nations would not accept the Durand line as official border.

When Pakistani troops started patrolling the border and preventing Afghan Pushtun shepherds, families, and flocks from their usual seasonal migration. The Brits didn't do that.
Can you bring proof? Even if that is true, why do you care so much about Pathan shepherds for grazing land for their sheep when Durand line was in effect? Can you bring scholarly documents to prove this?

When Pakistani troops started patrolling the border and preventing Afghan Pushtun shepherds, families, and flocks from their usual seasonal migration. The Brits didn't do that.
Is granting or preventing such movement defined in any legal instrument signed between Afghanistan and the British/Pakistan? If not, Pakistan has the legal right to implement any border control mechanisms it sees fit on her side of the border, provided they adhere with any international obligations Pakistan has towards a land locked State it borders with.

When did this happen?

The treaty agreed on an internationally recognized border....No one moved the border...ILLEGAL shepherds may have contacted you when they crossed over but the fact remains, by legal standards, the border never changed!

When did this happen?

The treaty agreed on an internationally recognized border....No one moved the border...ILLEGAL shepherds may have contacted you when they crossed over but the fact remains, by legal standards, the border never changed!
@Solomon2 did not even bring proof for the land being altered by the Pakistani authorities in 1940s and 1950s.

Now I am starting to think he is making things up?

@Dubious ask for proof from @Solomon2 or scholarly papers on the matter.

Otherwise @Solomon2 is just trolling.

Pakistan has shown great flexibility as explained by @AgNoStiC MuSliM but that does not mean that the border changed....

Pakistan treats these as mere favors that can be withheld at whim, not as Afghanis' legal rights, correct? That's not at all the same thing as rights stipulated by the terms of a treaty.
What exactly were the rights stipulated by the terms of the treaty? That we allow them to graze on on our land? What are you drinking like seriously!

So kindly stop imagining some "poor Afghanis" situation esp when none exists considering we took in 3 million ...More refugees than any country would have in that era! Had we really been savage, we would have put the Afghan refugees in concentration camps as Canada did to its native population and cages that America put the Southern immigrants! But we did no such thing....

Last edited:
@waz, I know you are online right now. Your views?

Because we are having a heated conversation over the Durand Line. lol.

@Dubious make sure you pin this thread as a reference to further topics related to the Durand Line.

Last edited:
Is granting or preventing such movement defined -
You're standing on a point of semantics: what "border" might mean elsewhere, vs. what it meant for decades between Afghanistan and Pakistan, which Pakistan then altered, ticking the Afghans off.

The 1783 treaty itself required updating several times - I think the first time was in the 1794 Jay Treaty.

Last edited:
You're standing on a point of semantics: what "border" means elsewhere, vs. what it meant for decades between Afghanistan and Pakistan, which Pakistan then altered, ticking the Afghans off.

The 1793 treaty itself required updating several times - I think the first time was in the 1794 Jay Treaty.
Can you bring proof that Pakistan altered the Durand Line border in the 1940s or 1950s?

Since you keep barking about that and bring no proof.

Since you are going into such specific details why don't you share it with us. ;)

The way you ignore my posts show your intellectual dishonesty.

Back
Top Bottom