What's new

Peace in Afghanistan Will Not be Possible Until Kabul Acknowledges The Durand Line'

"While many falsely accuse Islamabad of taking an ideological view on the political turbulence of its Afghan neighbour, the reality is that in the 1980s and 1990s, the reason why some in Islamabad were naturally sympathetic to the Mujaheddin and later to the Taliban was for one simple reason – the goal of the Afghan Taliban was to establish a state based on religious rather than nationalist characteristics. Because so much of both leftist and secular-conservative Afghan nationalism was framed around the concept of a “greater Afghanistan”, a concept which necessarily threatens Pakistan’s peace and unity, it was only natural for Islamabad to be sympathetic with those who did not hold such beliefs."

"before any all-parties peace conference can happen, all parties in Afghanistan must agree to acknowledge and respect the Durand line. If this does not happen, it risks having Pakistan negotiate from a position where it could set itself up to be taken advantage of by forces that have done so in the past (including the very recent past). If Pakistan and Afghanistan are to co-exist in peace, it is a fundamental requirement that Afghanistan understands where its borders end and where Pakistan’s begin."

https://eurasiafuture.com/2018/12/0...ble-until-kabul-acknowledges-the-durand-line/

Finally, an absolutely spot on article from the West that looks at the Afghanistan-Pakistan tensions and conflict dispassionately, outside of the usual, shallow Western & Indian prism of 'Pakistan's motivations are some sort of twisted, extremist, terrorism exporting pan-Islamist ideology'.

What this article states is something many Pakistanis have been arguing for years, and points to the absolute strategic incompetence (or deliberate subterfuge, depending on which theory you believe) on the part of the United States in Afghanistan.

Lets take Afghanistan than.
We already have a Khan as our leader. Pashtoons are our natural allies. We will see others.
From Badakhshan, we will connect CPEC with main OBOR, to Russia. I see our presence near Black sea very very important, as Turkey might need it, so does Russia. Only we can bring harmony in Afghanistan.

Plan and execute, go Pakistan, take it.

Good question, does anybody know about the status of Afghanistan's other borders? I met an Iranian who's view was that there is no such place as Afghanistan, it's just a part of Iran.

I know that the 'Wakhan corridor' was a creation of Britain and Russia as a way of keeping a buffer between them.

Iranian border security is very tough and the road to refugees is closed. Afghan refugees caused havoc in neighboring provinces which forced Iran to expel Afghans.

In the late 90s, Iran amassed troops on the Afghan border and almost went to war with the Taliban government.

Lets take Afghanistan than.
We already have a Khan as our leader. Pashtoons are our natural allies. We will see others.
From Badakhshan, we will connect CPEC with main OBOR, to Russia. I see our presence near Black sea very very important, as Turkey might need it, so does Russia. Only we can bring harmony in Afghanistan.

Plan and execute, go Pakistan, take it.

We can easily co-opt Pukhtoon tribes allied to the Afghan resistance. There is no need for war or invasion. All can be done with negotiations.

This is the natural way of things in our region, so events will gravitate towards this anyways whether there are people in Afghanistan or Pakistan who oppose it.

Iranian border security is very tough and the road to refugees is closed. Afghan refugees caused havoc in neighboring provinces which forced Iran to expel Afghans.

In the late 90s, Iran amassed troops on the Afghan border and almost went to war with the Taliban government.

We can easily co-opt Pukhtoon tribes allied to the Afghan resistance. There is no need for war or invasion. All can be done with negotiations.

This is the natural way of things in our region, so events will gravitate towards this anyways whether there are people in Afghanistan or Pakistan who oppose it.

Iranians are smarter than Pakistanis when it came to protecting their lands from the Afghani scum while we went ummah chummah for too long with these miscrents however as for Afghanistan Yankee gotta go no support of these Ghani clans and war lords aint gonna help no use of miscrents to wreak havoc in Pakistan and in Xinjiang will work no more Yankee gotta prepare for another Saigon this time in Kabul in a few years time

Iranians are smarter than Pakistanis when it came to protecting their lands from the Afghani scum while we went ummah chummah for too long with these miscrents however as for Afghanistan Yankee gotta go no support of these Ghani clans and war lords aint gonna help no use of miscrents to wreak havoc in Pakistan and in Xinjiang will work no more Yankee gotta prepare for another Saigon this time in Kabul in a few years time

Iranians have a racial hatred of Afghans, and in particular Pukhtoons. Many Iranians have told me wild stories of the origins of what they call hybrid Iranian-Mongol Pukhtoons. They don't respect Pukhtoons like we Pakistanis do, and they have no historical reason to, as Afghans have generally been invaders into Iran.

They are wrong, however, as like Pakistanis, Afghans are a mixed of numerous Central Asian and Eurasian people including Turks, Irani Saka, Hephthalite, Hun, Greek, Persians, and IVC.

@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan

I had a conversation with an ex-mujahid Afghan who said there was a massive difference between how the Iranians and Pakistanis treated them. He was overwhelmed as to the genorsity of the Pakistanis, and criitical of the Iranians. He even said that at some stage the Iranians handed over many mujahideen to the communist Afghan government.

Iranians have a racial hatred of Afghans, and in particular Pukhtoons. Many Iranians have told me wild stories of the origins of what they call hybrid Iranian-Mongol Pukhtoons. They don't respect Pukhtoons like we Pakistanis do, and they have no historical reason to, as Afghans have generally been invaders into Iran.

They are wrong, however, as like Pakistanis, Afghans are a mixed of numerous Central Asian and Eurasian people including Turks, Irani Saka, Hephthalite, Hun, Greek, Persians, and IVC.

Iran is complex country her people are complex as well I dont blame them for hatred of Afghans as sadly their culture is barbaric and at times Un-Islamic for any country in fact Afghans are not well liked by Turks as well

That is pretty accurate. The same thing is basically happening in Afghanistan where the US/NATO forces are trying to exploit the ethnic division between Central Asian and Pashtun ethnic groups. That has backfired quite spectacularly.

Iran is complex country her people are complex as well I dont blame them for hatred of Afghans as sadly their culture is barbaric and at times Un-Islamic for any country in fact Afghans are not well liked by Turks as well

Iranians (and to a degree, Nationalist Turks) view Pukhtoons as rivals to their favored ethnic groups in Afghanistan. Iranians personally have an inflated superiority complex when it comes to them.

Pakistan does not view Afghan Pukhtoons this way because we have ethnic and cultural links to them so we are sympathetic to them. Plus, we are not a state based on race so it doesn’t matter to us.

This is why Pakistan can have Hazaras, Pukhtoons, and Baloch living in Quetta together in peace.

That is pretty accurate. The same thing is basically happening in Afghanistan where the US/NATO forces are trying to exploit the ethnic division between Central Asian and Pashtun ethnic groups. That has backfired quite spectacularly.

There is 3 options I think Pakistan can play some of you folks will like some not anyways

Option1-Let the Taliban kick the Yanks out then groom them not to be idiots like they were in 1996 and use Kabul as puppet state of neighboring states(Pakistan,Iran,China,CARs)

Option2-Use the frustrated Pashtuns and Hazaras who are being screwed by the war lords and Kabul to overthrow their rule in those ethnic areas and force Kabul to de-centrlize and give autonomy or de facto independence thus balkanization of Afg which in turn those areas will be mini puppet states of Pakistan

Option3-Use American desparate moves but wait until a Saigon type movement

There is 3 options I think Pakistan can play some of you folks will like some not anyways

Option1-Let the Taliban kick the Yanks out then groom them not to be idiots like they were in 1996 and use Kabul as puppet state of neighboring states(Pakistan,Iran,China,CARs)

Option2-Use the frustrated Pashtuns and Hazaras who are being screwed by the war lords and Kabul to overthrow their rule in those ethnic areas and force Kabul to de-centrlize and give autonomy or de facto independence thus balkanization of Afg which in turn those areas will be mini puppet states of Pakistan

Option3-Use American desparate moves but wait until a Saigon type movement

Sounds very acceptable to me. All scenarios don't look any good for the Yanks though.

Sounds very acceptable to me. All scenarios don't look any good for the Yanks though.

Depends again many Pakistanis have unique opinions

Iranians (and to a degree, Nationalist Turks) view Pukhtoons as rivals to their favored ethnic groups in Afghanistan. Iranians personally have an inflated superiority complex when it comes to them.

Pakistan does not view Afghan Pukhtoons this way because we have ethnic and cultural links to them so we are sympathetic to them. Plus, we are not a state based on race so it doesn’t matter to us.

This is why Pakistan can have Hazaras, Pukhtoons, and Baloch living in Quetta together in peace.

Turks as a people are nationalistic despite some of their people's different political leanings, I like them for that fact they would defend their nation even when they are in crappy straits and their country does not have the sectarian or ethnic problems we have cause of unified nationalism exception is Kurds but thats just BS like the Uighurs in China West hates when non-Atlanticist nations are unified in strengh or nationalism at all.Iranians some of them have a ego but their ego is much less than Arabs,Arabs are way big into egoism and treating people like crap Iranians actually like the Hazaras a lot the Pukhtoons sadly have degenrated themselves into stupidity over Pasthunwalli and whatever crappy cultural aspects they got

Back
Top Bottom