PDF run by outsider Pakistanis ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NP-complete

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The question I want to discuss 'Is PDF made and run by peripheral pakistanis?' Those pakistanis that don’t really represent the meat of the nation and live their lives at the periphery and outskirts of the nation. First we need to define who makes the meat of the nation. We can call these people the Pakistani elite. What happens in the country and which direction it takes depends on what they think and how they think. Rest of population lies in the outer circles of the nation. These elite freely think and speak their mind. They freely criticize Pakistan and Pakistanis. They can say whatever they want about the nation, state, government and country. Because they have the exclusive right to criticism therefore they determine the direction of the nation. The rest of Pakistanis just blindly worship the country made by these elite as they see fit.

So as PDF makers, administrators, prominent members all here just blindly praise Pakistan and Pakistanis we can deduce that they don’t belong to the elite but are from the periphery of the national structure. Who blindly follow the country fashioned by the elite.

What qualities makes one a member of Pakistani elite ? Those are following

• Punjabi

• Zeemdar pedigree

• Military pedigree

• Educated from elite national institutes
Hasan Nisar talks so freely and criticizes just about anything because he is such a Pakistani. I myself check all the boxes above. Now whats strange is that here the subdued outsidered Pakistanis, who are patronized by the state made by the elite and look up to it, try to look down upon just about everyone else including the Punjabi elite.

The only thing I want to point is that if they are not the subdued citizens of Pakistan then they should practice the right of criticism that free citizens have instead of worshiping the country.

I am not from your country still think this is one of the better websites. MODS/ Owners are more Pakistani then your politicians.

The question I want to discuss 'Is PDF made and run by peripheral pakistanis?' Those pakistanis that don’t really represent the meat of the nation and live their lives at the periphery and outskirts of the nation. First we need to define who makes the meat of the nation. We can call these people the Pakistani elite. What happens in the country and which direction it takes depends on what they think and how they think. Rest of population lies in the outer circles of the nation. These elite freely think and speak their mind. They freely criticize Pakistan and Pakistanis. They can say whatever they want about the nation, state, government and country. Because they have the exclusive right to criticism therefore they determine the direction of the nation. The rest of Pakistanis just blindly worship the country made by these elite as they see fit.

So as PDF makers, administrators, prominent members all here just blindly praise Pakistan and Pakistanis we can deduce that they don’t belong to the elite but are from the periphery of the national structure. Who blindly follow the country fashioned by the elite.

• Punjabi

• Zeemdar pedigree

• Military pedigree

Hasan Nisar talks so freely and criticizes just about anything because he is such a Pakistani. I myself check all the boxes above. Now whats strange is that here the subdued outsidered Pakistanis, who are patronized by the state made by the elite and look up to it, try to look down upon just about everyone else including the Punjabi elite.

The only thing I want to point is that if they are not the subdued citizens of Pakistan then they should practice the right of criticism that free citizens have instead of worshiping the country.
Mods are doing great job. Although I have serious issues with some senior members. But as for MODS they are mostly doing great job. But yes as they are mods they need to spend more time here.

• Punjabi

• Zeemdar pedigree

• Military pedigree

You joined us in 2010 but this post makes me feel that you don't know much about PDF.
You will see people, criticizing whats wrong and praising whats right, they do so as per there own understanding of right and wrong. There can be mistakes in this understanding but there are not many who will criticize things just for the sake of it or praise it only our of patriotism. Yes there are a few who will just go on with blind support and make up things out of there love for the country but there are NOT MANY like this. Most of our members are sensible and make there posts with a neutral approach, at least they try to.

Like another thing in life, there are wrongs and the rights here as well, that is what makes the forum a good representative of what WE think, by we i mean what you called "outsider" Pakistani.

Mods are doing great job. Although I have serious issues with some senior members. But as for MODS they are mostly doing great job. But yes as they are mods they need to spend more time here.
you weren't talking about me right :(
I know you are but i have my reasons and i have explained them in details with hope that you may understand. :)

Last edited:
The meat of this nation as you called them have 0 interest in typing on keyboards and explaining their miseries with words. This is where the immigrants come in. They have the time and resources to put forward at least a medium for the common man to use if he so wishes. Do these immigrant Pakistanis represent the voice of the common man of this country? The answer is No and I say Thank God. Otherwise they would have stoned and burned this as a Yahoodi sazish as well.

mods and admins do not shape the conversation.. they simply moderate the forum... if most pakistanis here are not expats, it wont be a problem.

mods and admins do not shape the conversation.. they simply moderate the forum... if most pakistanis here are not expats, it wont be a problem.
he didn't meant "Pakistanis living OUTSIDE Pakistan" sir
:)
Read the post again and you will understand what he meant by "outsider Pakistanis"

he didn't meant "Pakistanis living OUTSIDE Pakistan" sir
:)
Read the post again and you will understand what he meant by "outsider Pakistanis"
ah ok.. he meant elites...
well internet penetration is pretty low in pakistan, and as with any new tech, its the elites who get it first.. in case of Indian members its more broad based but still has relatively affluent(middle class) bias...
I think he is right, the average pakistani income on pdf will be more than average indian here, am pretty sure.

I think pdf is a good forum. However, people in Pakistan and also in the world in general, have the tendency to label people...for example if you criticise Govt for bad governance, you will be labelled Ptians, If you are supporting corruption and the rights of corrupt elite "bravely", you will be labelled Patwari or Nooni, If you ask for evidence from USA against the people they term terrorists, one is labelled a terrorist supporter, If you question military of certain act, you may be seen as a traitor, if you talk about independence and indigenous development, you are a dreamer or crazy...etc etc. that's my rant but a factual one. So labels are cheaper by dozen in this world and of course pdf is a part of it. The best policy is to speak the truth without any fear but avoid trolling.

You joined us in 2010 but this post makes me feel that you don't know much about PDF.
You will see people, criticizing whats wrong and praising whats right, they do so as per there own understanding of right and wrong. There can be mistakes in this understanding but there are not many who will criticize things just for the sake of it or praise it only our of patriotism. Yes there are a few who will just go on with blind support and make up things out of there love for the country but there are NOT MANY like this. Most of our members are sensible and make there posts with a neutral approach, at least they try to.

Like another thing in life, there are wrongs and the rights here as well, that is what makes the forum a good representative of what WE think, by we i mean what you called "outsider" Pakistani.

you weren't talking about me right :(
I know you are but i have my reasons and i have explained them in details with hope that you may understand. :)
No not you. Those were known for their secular views now most of them don't use this forum. If you just try to remember you would know who I am talking about

well internet penetration is pretty low in pakistan
Not much differant from India. In 2011 it was 10% in India and 9% in Pakistan. In 2014 it was 18% in India and 14% in Pakistan. That differance does not equate to India being in another league. It is more or less in the same category - low penetration country.

Turkey, China or Iran are in another league at 50%, 45% and 40% respectively.

Link > http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/IT.NET.USER.P2

who I am talking about
That would be me I think.

Not much differant from India. In 2011 it was 10% in India and 9% in Pakistan. In 2014 it was 18% in India and 14% in Pakistan. That differance does not equate to India being in another league. It is more or less in the same category - low penetration country.

Turkey, China or Iran are in another league at 50%, 45% and 40% respectively.

Link > http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/IT.NET.USER.P2

No not you by the way are you with this name from day one or you have changed your name on forum ?

the website server is running a forum software and the owner being a pakistani americain @WebMaster obivous right.

No not you. Those were known for their secular views now most of them don't use this forum. If you just try to remember you would know who I am talking about

Chloo shukar ha :P

I guess I have some ideas about that....

Anyway, personally I think it is best to have all kinds of people from all different fields on this forum. That is what makes the debates and discussion interesting and also more knowledgeable. It is not necessary that you agree with what you say, as long as one disagree with manners. The same hold true for them as well, as long as they are saying something that you/me do not agree with but they are just saying it as their own thoughts and are doing so with the manners suitable for an online discussion forum, it is all good by me. For the trolls, we have some excellent MODs, though being out numbered they do a good job still.

This is what all these threads and forums are for, we cannot understand them unless we talk with them, we cannot correct them or our self unless we understand what they actually are saying. This is how learning process should work.

Who says you are secular :P you are under/over estimating yourself.

Being realistic is not being secular or traitor. A few mistakes have been made, quite a few actually, our national interests have been compromised and our religious integrity questioned. Some was done by others and for some we our self are responsible. Today if you look at the broad picture, Muslims have caused more damage to Islam then non-Muslims, especially in the last decade or so. Now if criticizing such bunch of people, who THINK they are Muslim, is being secular then that is what I will be. However I do not think this is the case so I will stick with being a “common Pakistani who is a Muslim”.

• Punjabi

• Zeemdar pedigree

• Military pedigree

For a person who has joined in 2010 it seems you have not seen anything on this forum or don't even know how this forum runs.

And the people you have mentioned as highlighted by me here on this forum are the majority ones who both criticize as well as defend Pakistan whenever required as per the situation.

You should start looking at the forum properly & see who we are and what we do for Pakistan.

And it is due to this very reason how we run things here, that we have a very diverse pool of members coming from so many countries. We have one of the highest number of Indian members and some very good ones who get into healthy discussion and have their fair share to criticize Pakistan & its policies without getting banned :) , similarly you have even Israeli / US members who get into very meaningful discussions. Chinese, Iranians, Arabs etc etc are all here and enjoy the forum.

I ain't saying we are perfect nor we can ever be, but still we try our best to have healthy / meaningful discussion and listen to criticisms & defend interest of Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom