What's new

Passenger plane crashes in Egypt 224 people dead - RIP.

Black Alloy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Egypt confirms Russian passenger plane has crashed in Sinai

"Cairo: A Russian passenger plane carrying up to 224 passengers and crew has crashed in in Egypt, Prime Minister Sherif Ismail has confirmed.

A statement from the Prime Minister's office said Mr Ismail had formed a cabinet-level crisis committee to deal with the crash in central Sinai.

The Airbus A-321 was operated by Russian airline Kogalymavia and had just taken off from the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh, on its way to the Russian city of St Petersburg, when the plane lost communications with flight officials.

Most of the passengers are said to be Russian tourists.

Aviation tracking website Flight Radar 24 tweeted that the plane was descending at a rate of about 6000 feet a minute just before its signal was lost."

Egypt confirms Russian passenger plane 7K9268 has crashed in Sinai

1. 1:40 AM - 31 Oct 2015 · Details
    " data-component-context="tweet" data-you-follow="false" data-follows-you="false" data-you-block="false" style="position: relative; min-height: 51px; padding: 9px 12px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(225, 232, 237); cursor: pointer; border-top-left-radius: 6px; border-top-right-radius: 6px;">
    Air IndiaVerified account ‏@airindiain 3m3 minutes ago
    Our heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with the passengers and crew of Metrojet flight #7K9268

1 retweet0 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

2. 1:40 AM - 31 Oct 2015 · Details
    " data-mentions="CNN Airbus" data-component-context="tweet" data-you-follow="false" data-follows-you="false" data-you-block="false" style="position: relative; min-height: 51px; padding: 9px 12px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(225, 232, 237); cursor: pointer;">

Johan F. Khairuddin ‏@jfkjohan 3m3 minutes ago
    Confirmed by @CNN. Flight #7K9268, an @Airbus A321 has crashed. My deepest & most heartfelt condolences to the crew & all its passengers.

2 retweets0 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

3. 1:40 AM - 31 Oct 2015 · Details
    " data-component-context="tweet" data-you-follow="false" data-follows-you="false" data-you-block="false" style="position: relative; min-height: 51px; padding: 9px 12px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(225, 232, 237); cursor: pointer;">

John Dobbin ‏@JohnDobbin 4m4 minutes ago
    Thoughts are with friends and families of those aboard #7K9268

0 retweets0 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

4. 1:40 AM - 31 Oct 2015 · Details
    " data-component-context="tweet" data-you-follow="false" data-follows-you="false" data-you-block="false" style="position: relative; min-height: 51px; padding: 9px 12px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(225, 232, 237); cursor: pointer;">

IASIairport ‏@IASIairport 4m4 minutes ago
    Reports says wreckage has been found. Thoughts and prayers are with family and friends of passengers and crew of flight #7K9268 #Metrojet

0 retweets0 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

5. 1:40 AM - 31 Oct 2015 · Details

Trendsmap UK ‏@TrendsUK 4m4 minutes agoUnited Kingdom
    #7k9268 is now trending in United Kingdom http://trendsmap.com/gb

0 retweets0 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

Tragic incident. My condolences for loss of lives.

Horrible news. RIP to the departed.

Could this have been a revenge hit for the Ukraine downing?

Many nationalities died on that flight.

Lots of Dutch as I remember.

Its just an association that popped into my head. Probably nothing.

Will have to wait for further news and confirmation.

Many nationalities died on that flight.

Lots of Dutch as I remember.

Its just an association that popped into my head. Probably nothing.

Egyptian authorities have said that plane wasn't shot down

Back
Top Bottom