What's new

Parvez Elahi's decides to join PTI

I think it is a bad decision of PML-Q. Parvez Elahi would not have been a CM if he was part of PTI. They were able to dictate terms as they were a separate political party.

Having said that, PML-Q doesn't seem to have any future other than politics in Gujrat, Chakwal, Mandi Bahauddin, Hafizabad and nearby areas but that tiny popularity still proved to be too strong in their last election which ultimately lead to Parvez Elahi becoming the Speaker followed by the CM

Mr. Porous Elohi may well be PTIs next Chairperson. It seems party chief Niazi has decided to quit politics and hand over the party to Mr. Elohi. This is continuation of policy of merit introduced in PTI after failed attempt at power seizure through non democratic measures.

I think it is a bad decision of PML-Q. Parvez Elahi would not have been a CM if he was part of PTI. They were able to dictate terms as they were a separate political party.

Having said that, PML-Q doesn't seem to have any future other than politics in Gujrat, Chakwal, Mandi Bahauddin, Hafizabad and nearby areas but that tiny popularity still proved to be too strong in their last election which ultimately lead to Parvez Elahi becoming the Speaker followed by the CM

I would disagree.

With the recent split in Q, they are as good as finished.

After next elections, PTI would get a bigger majority if things go as they seem to be going, and Q would be even more irrelevant. I haven't been there lately, but from what my relatives tell, Chaudhrion nay sirf apnay ghar ki sarkain theek kar di hain, baki sab waisay ka waisa hi hai.

They have enough clout to be big players within PTI as well, especially Monis.

I would disagree.

With the recent split in Q, they are as good as finished.

After next elections, PTI would get a bigger majority if things go as they seem to be going, and Q would be even more irrelevant. I haven't been there lately, but from what my relatives tell, Chaudhrion nay sirf apnay ghar ki sarkain theek kar di hain, baki sab waisay ka waisa hi hai.

They have enough clout to be big players within PTI as well, especially Monis.
wo jo "sarkain" theek ki hain.. wohi sarak mere ghar bhi jaati hai :lol:

I was in Pakistan last month and couldn't believe there was not a single major road in my city that was not under construction. I am talking about the city of Gujrat.

The villages of Gujrat was divided but more inclined towards PML-Q. I think PML-Q has a vote bank under the name of Parvez Elahi... Chaudhry Shujaat mostly handles political affairs and his brother handles local politics... PML-Q would have won the MNA seat again if they collaborated with PTI in Gujrat, Mandi Bahauddin, Chakwal and Hafizabad. They would have won another 2-3 cities taking the tally to 6-10 MNA seats and 20 ODD MPA seats without merging with PTI. I am sure they would have a forward block within PTI and PTI would have agreed to allocate the same seats to them in return for the merger.

PS: What I am foreseeing is that instead of splitting the PTI and PML-Q vote bank in this area, they will be contesting under the banner of PTI. The part of Punjab usually has tough competition between PML-N and PML-Q and historically PML-Q has had an edge over PML-N for provincial seats and very tough competition for National assembly seats

It means GHQ has closed the doors for PMLQ. But Moonis Elahi can be a good choice.

Yeah, but it's a big dent to IK. Might save him the seats from the seats adjustment he was going to have with pervez ilahi but this come back and bite him.
Pervez ilahi may join PTI, but he will still be the loyal puppy of you know who. And these people are ambitious. He'll be eyeing lucrative positions for himself and moonis.
Otherwise, it's forward bloc time.

wo jo "sarkain" theek ki hain.. wohi sarak mere ghar bhi jaati hai :lol:

I was in Pakistan last month and couldn't believe there was not a single major road in my city that was not under construction. I am talking about the city of Gujrat.

The villages of Gujrat was divided but more inclined towards PML-Q. I think PML-Q has a vote bank under the name of Parvez Elahi... Chaudhry Shujaat mostly handles political affairs and his brother handles local politics... PML-Q would have won the MNA seat again if they collaborated with PTI in Gujrat, Mandi Bahauddin, Chakwal and Hafizabad. They would have won another 2-3 cities taking the tally to 6-10 MNA seats and 20 ODD MPA seats without merging with PTI. I am sure they would have a forward block within PTI and PTI would have agreed to allocate the same seats to them in return for the merger.

PS: What I am foreseeing is that instead of splitting the PTI and PML-Q vote bank in this area, they will be contesting under the banner of PTI. The part of Punjab usually has tough competition between PML-N and PML-Q and historically PML-Q has had an edge over PML-N for provincial seats and very tough competition for National assembly seats

What's the situation there right now? Are they actually developing the city after 20 years or is it still in ruins?

Aik sewerage line to dali nhn gayi in say 3 saalon say in the middle of the damn road :P

As for the rest of your analysis, that does seem like a sound take. Pervez Elahi did play it smartly, and a part of me thinks he knew this was going to happen, and that is why he was slowly building up his influence everywhere and propping Monis up, rather than Shujaat's son.

Remember that interview where he said keh Salik ko bhi seat mainay jitwa kar di thi.

Back
Top Bottom