What's new

Paris Under Attack

upload_2015-11-13_22-1-12.png

Indians butting In. Mumbai style,seriously?

View attachment 271834

Its not only Indians comparing it to Mumbai attacks:

Paris attacks: More than 100 dead in co-ordinated assaults - FT.com

Even as the events in Paris were unfolding, officials and analysts said they were struck by how tightly co-ordinated the series of attacks seemed to be — a level of sophistication in planning and execution that has not been seen since the 2008 attacks in Mumbai. Given the reluctance so far of Western intelligence officials to say who was behind the attacks, it also appeared that there was little or no prior warning of the terrorist assault.

http://www.economist.com/news/europ...-security-services-had-warned-attack-might-be

The scale of the attacks exceeds even the horror of the murders of journalists working for Charlie Hebdo, and subsequent killings in January this year. It is far more reminiscent, given the numbers of victims and the sophistication of the attacks, of the terrorist assault on Mumbai, in India, in 2008 in which 164 people died; or of the 67 killings during a four-day siege at the Westgate shopping Mall in Nairobi, Kenya, in September 2013.

It seems possible that the attackers, who co-ordinated the timing of their assaults closely and chose targets far apart to spread confusion, had those spectacular assaults in mind. In Mumbai assailants had attacked a railway station, cafés and luxury hotels—soft targets with large numbers of people present--taking hostages and prolonging the killing as long as possible, to ensure sustained and intense media attention. Similarly with the Westgate attack, by prolonging the killings, the assailants helped to spread a sense of helplessness.

Bruce Hoffman: Paris Attacks 'Very Similar' To 2008 Attacks On Mumbai | Spokane Public Radio

Bruce Hoffman: Paris Attacks 'Very Similar' To 2008 Attacks On Mumbai

I just don't understand why its called Civil war , when it happens in Syria or Libya but if it happens in France its automatically Terrorism

Civil war is civil war, reports say there were folks with guns and weapons of french origin so seems like civil war

For that one has to understand what war means and how it differs from an incident

I just don't understand why its called Civil war , when it happens in Syria or Libya but if it happens in France its automatically Terrorism

Civil war is civil war, reports say there were folks with guns and weapons of french origin so seems like civil war
It's terrorism when Sunni Pakistani terrorists run around with guns and weapons shooting Pakistani children, and when Iraqi Sunni terrorists run around massacring innocent Iraqis and therefore it is terrorism when French Sunni terrorists run around massacring innocent French citizens.

RIP to the dead its really sad news......but France should send more arms to moderate beheaders.... and after take them as refugees......

My relatives in Paris have been telling me on the phone that there are many local reports going on about French police raids on various suburbs. They have apparently got strong intelligence of who the immediate handlers/organisers were through cellphone tower eavesdropping.

This is ongoing and we will only get confirmation of all this in the coming days.

Till then let us wish good luck and happy hunting to French SWAT.

A longer more protracted counter-terrorism strategy must be done by France ASAP.

My relatives in Paris have been telling me on the phone that there are many local reports going on about French police raids on various suburbs. They have apparently got strong intelligence of who the immediate handlers/organisers were through cellphone tower eavesdropping.

This is ongoing and we will only get confirmation of all this in the coming days.

Till then let us wish good luck and happy hunting to French SWAT.

A longer more protracted counter-terrorism strategy must be done by France ASAP.

I wonder if French intelligence were aware of these people before tonight.

What is final toll of dead?And all attackers neutralised?

Commiserations with people of France

Back
Top Bottom