What's new

‘Paper cat’ Australia will learn its lesson - Global Times

Beside, I was talking about quiet carriage (A carriage in the front and back car for intercity travel when you should keep your noise minimum) in Transport NSW, most people (Black, White, or otherwise) understood what quiet carriage means but whenever you hear people talking in these carriage, most likely they are Chinese. Other people would just move to other carriage where talking loud is ok. Now I don't know if this is because the Chinese don't care about the rules, or don't understand the word "Quiet Carriage"

Many Chinese tourists can't read signboard or as you said don't care about the rules.
Last month in KL, our family with 2 kids leave trolley in front of a signboard says trolley stop here, a couple of young Chinese tourists continue to put their trolley thru, while watching us unload our luggages

Australia is a reluctant ally. I don't see a point in single it out and make it a target. Of course it's just an opinion piece, and allowing it to air it's view is a good way of getting others to gadge your public sentiment. But to the decision makers, instead of threats, they should remind Australia that it's national interest is no longer aligned with the US, and the US dictated rule of conduct would not serve the interest of Australia. So what if Australia patrols around the SCS today. Would that improve Australia national security? What happen when China eventually build a major fleet and patrol around Australia? Or would it serve two nations better if both refrain from military activities in another EEZ? Would it be better to change the rules to reflect that? Old international order is built by the maritime powers, and absolute immunity for military FoN doesn't serve the interest of majority nations of the world including Australia.

I sincerely hope you are joking.

Australia is not a reluctant ally. The value of Australia is "Fair Dinkum" which is an Aussie slang means fair and true, we live in a fair dinkum society, and as our former PM said, everyone have its fair shake of the sauce bottle.

You don't speak Aussie? Okay, let me translate this for you, this mean we always went with what's true and what's fair. and that is the value we uphold, by this, we mean internationally, we respect everyone right and the law of international forum.

Are we a fan of the US? No, but does it matter? This is not because our alliance to the US, this is about respecting international law, if you think a UN Backed tribunal is a joke, then go ahead and believe it, but for the Aussie, we believe it is true and fair, and if you disrespecting this, you won't have the respect of the Australian People.

You can of course build a large fleet and start patrolling Australian Water, but if this is how you want to win this game? If you think this is, then you are seriously underestimating the Australian.

Aren't you a chinese yourself in australia ?
Or its other way round ?

I am a Chinese living in Australia

That does not means I cannot hate my fellow people who don't respect another culture.

Many Chinese tourists can't read signboard or as you said don't care about the rules.
Last month in KL, our family with 2 kids leave trolley in front of a signboard says trolley stop here, a couple of young Chinese tourists continue to put their trolley thru, while watching us unload our luggages

Don't know about that, I just know whenever I was on a Blue Mountain Line train, most people who speak loudly in these carriage are Chinese, most other people just walk to the adjacent car and talk on the phone or not boarding the quiet carriage at all. But when you see the Chinese, especially the older one which don't generally speak English, they usually just sit there and talk, mostly because quiet carriage are usually empty (As most people want to talk on the train so they will not get into Quiet Carriage)

CHINA
t09122.gif
VS AUSTRALIA
t09125.gif

t09117.gif

The joking is the cat always sounds like a lion backed by an eagle.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel-troubles/9063135/Top-10-notoriously-bad-tourists

When you travel the world, like it or not, you are a representative of your country, and your behaviour-good or bad-can reflect on your nation as a whole.

That's why, while we're all for spontaneity, sometimes it's a good idea to stop and think before you chug that eighth beer and start dancing in the streets.

Triposo conducted a survey to learn more about bad tourist behaviour abroad. Respondents were asked to confess to their own travel sins-which included everything from stealing to public urination-and also to report on the misbehavior of others.

They were also asked which countries they thought behaved the worst while travelling. The answers might surprise you...

10. Brazil: A significant percentage of respondents felt that Brazilians were the most naughty of all world travellers. We're betting that number spikes come World Cup season...

9. Italy: At number nine, Italy demonstrated a solid reputation for exporting tourists who are among the rudest and lewdest of all world travellers.

8. France: France tied Italy, with several respondents declaring their tourists the most likely to engage in rude or scandalous behaviours. Well, c'est la vie!

7. India: Also clocking in on the top 10. India gives France and Italy a run for their money as the worst-behaved country when it comes to travellers.

6. Germany: Germany's tourists aren't good at being tourists or travellers. Famous for its bier and brats and a popular tourist destination in its own right, Germany has drummed up quite the reputation for its citizens abroad, garnering many votes as the worst-behaved nation. (They're also ranked high when it comes to travel-related complaints. Go figure.)

5. Australia: At any given time, a large proportion of Australians are out and about travelling abroad, which might explain their performance on this top-10 list... Along with Germany, Australia attracted a large vote as some of the world's most notoriously ill-behaved travellers.

4. China: As the world's most populous country, with 1.35 billion people, there are many, many Chinese travellers in countries across the globe. It's hard to say whether this nation's citizens are actually the most ill-behaved or whether there are just more of them to go around... but the fact remains that many respondents ranked Chinese tourists as among the worst behaved.

3. Russia: Russia nears the top of the list when it comes to rude and rowdy behaviour abroad. Many survey respondents considered Russians to be the most difficult (and drunk) travellers. And they don't think much better of themselves either, with 42% of Russians considering their own country the most ill-behaved while travelling.

2. United Kingdom: British citizens are infamous for their bawdy bar behaviour all around the world, especially when it comes to stag parties (bachelor parties). Their terrible tourist manners are well-documented, so it's no huge surprise that this survey respondents ranked them the second-worst.

1. United States: Surprise! Americans are famously bad tourists. As the stereotype goes, they're loud, rude, fat and make some pretty terrible fashion choices. But judgments aside, are they actually the worst tourists? Well, a whopping 33 per cent of respondents (that's almost three times as many as the next-worst, Britain) would agree that Americans take the terrible tourist cake. In fact, 44 per cent of American respondents even rated their fellow countrymen as the worst in the world. Yikes.

:disagree:Distortion appeared, again.

Give any country a 1.35 billion population and it will be sh!t hole. And even you can see the example.:D:D:D

People like money but can't accept looking down upon by money and the consume behaviour. That's it. A sick mind no matter speak louder or not:D:D:D

The thousands years of continuous civilization and culture teach us how to be a smart and rational person but yes there are some failed samples. Does it matter and need to look through it with magnifier? No. But I'd like to see the 0.01% of population total 135000 could be exported to the west to be teached how to behave like a bad guy.:D:D:D

We are the most self-restricted and humble kind.

Cat bellow louder is still cat. Moron pointed to moron and criticize who stand aside is still irrational.

知白守黑 is a virtue.:enjoy:

Last edited:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel-troubles/9063135/Top-10-notoriously-bad-tourists

When you travel the world, like it or not, you are a representative of your country, and your behaviour-good or bad-can reflect on your nation as a whole.

That's why, while we're all for spontaneity, sometimes it's a good idea to stop and think before you chug that eighth beer and start dancing in the streets.

Triposo conducted a survey to learn more about bad tourist behaviour abroad. Respondents were asked to confess to their own travel sins-which included everything from stealing to public urination-and also to report on the misbehavior of others.

They were also asked which countries they thought behaved the worst while travelling. The answers might surprise you...

10. Brazil: A significant percentage of respondents felt that Brazilians were the most naughty of all world travellers. We're betting that number spikes come World Cup season...

9. Italy: At number nine, Italy demonstrated a solid reputation for exporting tourists who are among the rudest and lewdest of all world travellers.

8. France: France tied Italy, with several respondents declaring their tourists the most likely to engage in rude or scandalous behaviours. Well, c'est la vie!

7. India: Also clocking in on the top 10. India gives France and Italy a run for their money as the worst-behaved country when it comes to travellers.

6. Germany: Germany's tourists aren't good at being tourists or travellers. Famous for its bier and brats and a popular tourist destination in its own right, Germany has drummed up quite the reputation for its citizens abroad, garnering many votes as the worst-behaved nation. (They're also ranked high when it comes to travel-related complaints. Go figure.)

5. Australia: At any given time, a large proportion of Australians are out and about travelling abroad, which might explain their performance on this top-10 list... Along with Germany, Australia attracted a large vote as some of the world's most notoriously ill-behaved travellers.

4. China: As the world's most populous country, with 1.35 billion people, there are many, many Chinese travellers in countries across the globe. It's hard to say whether this nation's citizens are actually the most ill-behaved or whether there are just more of them to go around... but the fact remains that many respondents ranked Chinese tourists as among the worst behaved.

3. Russia: Russia nears the top of the list when it comes to rude and rowdy behaviour abroad. Many survey respondents considered Russians to be the most difficult (and drunk) travellers. And they don't think much better of themselves either, with 42% of Russians considering their own country the most ill-behaved while travelling.

2. United Kingdom: British citizens are infamous for their bawdy bar behaviour all around the world, especially when it comes to stag parties (bachelor parties). Their terrible tourist manners are well-documented, so it's no huge surprise that this survey respondents ranked them the second-worst.

1. United States: Surprise! Americans are famously bad tourists. As the stereotype goes, they're loud, rude, fat and make some pretty terrible fashion choices. But judgments aside, are they actually the worst tourists? Well, a whopping 33 per cent of respondents (that's almost three times as many as the next-worst, Britain) would agree that Americans take the terrible tourist cake. In fact, 44 per cent of American respondents even rated their fellow countrymen as the worst in the world. Yikes.

I tend to take these polls with a grain of salt because Americans and Chinese probably are the most traveled people on earth.

I sincerely hope you are joking.

Australia is not a reluctant ally. The value of Australia is "Fair Dinkum" which is an Aussie slang means fair and true, we live in a fair dinkum society, and as our former PM said, everyone have its fair shake of the sauce bottle.

You don't speak Aussie? Okay, let me translate this for you, this mean we always went with what's true and what's fair. and that is the value we uphold, by this, we mean internationally, we respect everyone right and the law of international forum.

Are we a fan of the US? No, but does it matter? This is not because our alliance to the US, this is about respecting international law, if you think a UN Backed tribunal is a joke, then go ahead and believe it, but for the Aussie, we believe it is true and fair, and if you disrespecting this, you won't have the respect of the Australian People.

You can of course build a large fleet and start patrolling Australian Water, but if this is how you want to win this game? If you think this is, then you are seriously underestimating the Australian.

I can care less what simpletons' sense of self-righteous are. International relationship revolves around interest. Today 35% of Australia export goes to China while 5% is with the US. That's interest, something that will impact the life's of even a simpleton, and the Australia leadership understands that. China seek to secure it's trade route, and that's to the interest of Australia. Yet China has no interest in seeking global hegemony, which is why China has no interest in patrolling off the Australia coast, and it doesn't serve Australia's interest to conduct naval patrol around China as well.

I can care less what simpletons' sense of self-righteous are. International relationship revolves around interest. Today 35% of Australia export goes to China while 5% is with the US. That's interest, something that will impact the life's of even a simpleton, and the Australia leadership understands that. China seek to secure it's trade route, and that's to the interest of Australia. Yet China has no interest in seeking global hegemony, which is why China has no interest in patrolling off the Australia coast, and it doesn't serve Australia's interest to conduct naval patrol around China as well.

You do know Australia exist as a country and have a health export and import relation before even China have an open door policy? You are looking at trade as a weapon as a simple mind and thinking China can extort Australia by holding its noose on trade. You know what? China can do it, of course, but in the end, it will never hurt Australia. it will only backfire with China.

You know what it would come down to if we have to choose between our national pride against Cheap Chinese product? I don't think you want to know the answer.

By the way, I am not the one to suggest China build a large fleet and patrol Australian Coast with it, you are, all I am saying is that if this is how you want to win, you are seriously underestimating the Australian. So now you are saying China did not seek global hegemony? Then what's with the empty threat?

You do know Australia exist as a country and have a health export and import relation before even China have an open door policy? You are looking at trade as a weapon as a simple mind and thinking China can extort Australia by holding its noose on trade. You know what? China can do it, of course, but in the end, it will never hurt Australia. it will only backfire with China.

You know what it would come down to if we have to choose between our national pride against Cheap Chinese product? I don't think you want to know the answer.

By the way, I am not the one to suggest China build a large fleet and patrol Australian Coast with it, you are, all I am saying is that if this is how you want to win, you are seriously underestimating the Australian. So now you are saying China did not seek global hegemony? Then what's with the empty threat?

Are you that thick or you are just blinded by your hatred? Any kid would understand that if you are doing alot of business with someone, you would want either you or your business partner to be in control of the trade route. Any third party controlling that trade route would mean the relation that is outside of your control will adversely effect your business hence the economic wellbeing. And don't tell me that you are buddy buddy with the third party so they will not do such thing as cutting off that trade route, or you are being more than just thick. I understand your desire to be seen as being integrated and assimiliated with the locals, but your defensiveness in the matter before even understand fully the conversation is beyond how a normal Austrialian would react.

Are you that thick or you are just blinded by your hatred? Any kid would understand that if you are doing alot of business with someone, you would want either you or your business partner to be in control of the trade route. Any third party controlling that trade route would mean the relation that is outside of your control will adversely effect your business hence the economic wellbeing. And don't tell me that you are buddy buddy with the third party so they will not do such thing as cutting off that trade route, or you are being more than just thick. I understand your desire to be seen as being integrated and assimiliated with the locals, but your defensiveness in the matter before even understand fully the conversation is beyond how a normal Austrialian would react.

First of all, don't EVER call me thick again, you got out of calling me a loser, that does not mean you can keep insulting me.

Second of all, I AM AN AUSTRALIAN. I don't need to integrate or assimilated into Australian Society. I live in this country without particular need or asked to be assimilated into this country, a fact that can be quite easily seen by just looking at the Chinese immigrant here.

Third of all, no, doing business and national security are two different issue, this have been said many time. And while you can trade with EVERYONE ELSE, you cannot put your national security just to anyone. To that, US is our partner, but then again, this is not the point,.

The point being, we, the Australia are fair bunch, we believe in what fair an true, we believe in the international society, just because 35% of our export goes to China does not mean we would be automatically taking the Chinese side regardless. This is not what we, AS AUSTRALIAN do. People tried to sell out Australia to Chinese before, all the way up to our former prime minister Mr Kevin Rudd, and you see how he fare now?

If you expect us to bend over and reject international ruling just because 35% of Australian export go to China? Well, All I can say is good luck, and this is what a normal Australian would react.

Don't act like a typical ignorant Chinese and try to put everything in your perspective, you are talking about Australia and Australian, how much do you know about an average Australian?

First of all, don't EVER call me thick again, you got out of calling me a loser, that does not mean you can keep insulting me.

Second of all, I AM AN AUSTRALIAN. I don't need to integrate or assimilated into Australian Society. I live in this country without particular need or asked to be assimilated into this country, a fact that can be quite easily seen by just looking at the Chinese immigrant here.

Third of all, no, doing business and national security are two different issue, this have been said many time. And while you can trade with EVERYONE ELSE, you cannot put your national security just to anyone. To that, US is our partner, but then again, this is not the point,.

The point being, we, the Australia are fair bunch, we believe in what fair an true, we believe in the international society, just because 35% of our export goes to China does not mean we would be automatically taking the Chinese side regardless. This is not what we, AS AUSTRALIAN do. People tried to sell out Australia to Chinese before, all the way up to our former prime minister Mr Kevin Rudd, and you see how he fare now?

If you expect us to bend over and reject international ruling just because 35% of Australian export go to China? Well, All I can say is good luck, and this is what a normal Australian would react.

Don't act like a typical ignorant Chinese and try to put everything in your perspective, you are talking about Australia and Australian, how much do you know about an average Australian?

So the ultra-defensive "Australian" thinks that one should depend its national security on the US? I guess when you antagonize your neighbor that's what you'll have to do. But even a kid would understand that one should be responsible and have control over its own national security, not hand it to someone else.
As to the tribunal, Australia is not a party to the dispute nor is it in a position to eithe accept or reject its ruling. If you think Australia is in a position to enforce the ruling, then you are more than just thick. Even US doesn't have the authority, the will or the capability to do that.
Sending some ships to the South China Sea would not enhance Australia's national security, it will only force Australia to be dependent on the US for its national security. A child may or may not understand that, but at least I know you don't.

So the ultra-defensive "Australian" thinks that one should depend its national security on the US? I guess when you antagonize your neighbor that's what you'll have to do. But even a kid would understand that one should be responsible and have control over its own national security, not hand it to someone else.
As to the tribunal, Australia is not a party to the dispute nor is it in a position to eithe accept or reject its ruling. If you think Australia is in a position to enforce the ruling, then you are more than just thick. Even US doesn't have the authority, the will or the capability to do that.
Sending some ships to the South China Sea would not enhance Australia's national security, it will only force Australia to be dependent on the US for its national security. A child may or may not understand that, but at least I know you don't.

So, beside naïve, you also need to put arrogant into your resume.

We are not talking about National Security here, I have point it out three time, National Security have nothing to do with this issue at hand, this is about "RESPECT" to be specific, both respect to other nation and respect to international community.

Unless you are indeed that arrogant and claim China is the embodiment of international security, the way China disrespect other countries right and most important of all, international bodies ruling is not particularly fond on by the Australian.

As I said, you don't want to play fair, that's your provocative, but if you don't want to play fair, we will not show our respect to you and we will not play in your corner, you can come and try to force Australia into bending over) like you did in 2 out of 4 post, but you can wait for it to happen to, but in the end, we don't bend to threat, an that is regardless on how many % of trade we have with that country.

We respect the tribunal, it was called "INTERNATIONAL" tribunal for a reason, that mean everyone of us can be a part of this ruling, it is NONE OF CHINESE BUSINESS to dictate what we think was right and not right.

Also @Slav Defence @WAJsal al You let this person go with calling me a loser last time, and this time he is calling me thick, even tho I have already warn him not to call me thick ever again. So basically, he is a Chinese member and he can go out and call other people thick and insult them at will and without repercussion?

So, beside naïve, you also need to put arrogant into your resume.

We are not talking about National Security here, I have point it out three time, National Security have nothing to do with this issue at hand, this is about "RESPECT" to be specific, both respect to other nation and respect to international community.

Unless you are indeed that arrogant and claim China is the embodiment of international security, the way China disrespect other countries right and most important of all, international bodies ruling is not particularly fond on by the Australian.

As I said, you don't want to play fair, that's your provocative, but if you don't want to play fair, we will not show our respect to you and we will not play in your corner, you can come and try to force Australia into bending over) like you did in 2 out of 4 post, but you can wait for it to happen to, but in the end, we don't bend to threat, an that is regardless on how many % of trade we have with that country.

We respect the tribunal, it was called "INTERNATIONAL" tribunal for a reason, that mean everyone of us can be a part of this ruling, it is NONE OF CHINESE BUSINESS to dictate what we think was right and not right.

Also @Slav Defence @WAJsal al You let this person go with calling me a loser last time, and this time he is calling me thick, even tho I have already warn him not to call me thick ever again. So basically, he is a Chinese member and he can go out and call other people thick and insult them at will and without repercussion?

So Australia is going to sail it's warship around demanding respect gangster style? You think that's going to achieve anything? Regardless what you believe the issue is regarding to, it will negatively effect the national security of Australia. An action that gains nothing but only be detrimental to the interest of the state is only excusable if its taken by individuals with the mind state of an adolescent. Its unfortunately that you don't even know what are the threats and where are the threats actually coming from, but at least the Australian government is not as naïve.

So Australia is going to sail it's warship around demanding respect gangster style? You think that's going to achieve anything? Regardless what you believe the issue is regarding to, it will negatively effect the national security of Australia. An action that gains nothing but only be detrimental to the interest of the state is only excusable if its taken by individuals with the mind state of an adolescent. Its unfortunately that you don't even know what are the threats and where are the threats actually coming from, but at least the Australian government is not as naïve.

So a Chinese purportingly living in the US know what kind of National Threat faced by us Australian? I live in this country for 6 years, and another 10 year before that on and off, and you claim you know better than I do, do you even know who won the Federal Election in Australia in 2016?

Our national security have nothing to do with the topic at hand. You disrespect international ruling, we respect them, and hence we disrespect you, it's that simple.

If you have to talk about national security, China is a clear threat for regional security in Oceania, that including Australia and New Zealand, the Australian government is not so dumb to have listen to you and say this is not the case, if you look at how Defence White Paper was drawn, it's all purposely targeting China, and I did not draft these paper, it's the same "Australian Government" you are talking about.

http://www.afr.com/news/policy/defence/walker-on-richardson-head-here-20160317-gnlaud

As for why we Australian think Chinese are a threat, you will need to ask yourselves this question. We don't hate you for no reason.

Just because you have some money, that does not mean we need to bend over to your need, whatever we do is whatever we do, there are nothing you or everyone here does not have one of these can say

Australian_Passport_Cover_of_P_-_Series.jpg

If you have a problem on what we do, you need to look at your mirror first, again, you can try to threaten us and try to submit us, but dude, hell will be frozen before we are bending over backward to support what we believe is not fair and true. You can take your money and shove it whenever you want.

Don't forget, your press called us "Paper Cat" for respecting an international tribunal, Not the other way around.

@waz @Hu Songshan Pls review all this so called think tank's recent negative rating pouring around...
I really appreciate you (@waz ) have removed all his negative ratings on me on the ground of "abusing his power".
Thank you so much!

@Zsari Pls spend less time with them. We should respect and engage with honourable members in healthy discussions, not the way by which we have to degrade ourselves.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom