What's new

Pantsir S1 in Pakistan Army ?

I hate creating baseless threads based on mere speculation but just because I believe my source to credible, I have decided to post this.

Personally talked to an officer from Air Def core who is real close to me and he broke it to me that boys are already in Russia for training (to operate the system) and Pantsir is set to arrive this December. I asked how certain he was and his response was an overwhelming affirmative.

I decided to skim PDF to before posting this thread to see if any info regarding Pantsir procurement exists. Turned out there were a few threads from May 2019 and Pak posters rubbished the news only because the source were Indian newspapers. Considering that Russia offering defence systems to Pakistan is something all know (and Pantsir has already appeared in the list of the systems being offered) and considering that I got this news from no Sabir Shakir rather an officer inside AD who said that people are already in Russia for this purpose, I decided to lend some credibility to this news. Take it or leave it.

I tried to ask him about HQ-9 as well and he said that he has no news regarding it as of yet. It seems that decision to buy a long range SAM is still in the pipeline (or it may have been taken already, you never know in Pakistan).

Some insight into Pantsir's capabilities:

Alhamdulillah . Good . There was a talk about Pakistan acquiring Pantsir from quite a while now . It was reported by Indians n many Pakistanis n DG ISPR was talking about SAM system from Russia in 2018 end or this year in Russian news report or something i forgot the name of website / news channel . Thanks 4 the news .

I assume it's probably to counter the threat of Apache and the likes...
...Apache would wreak havoc on armor and infantry.

HQ9, S300, S400...those would be good to have as well...but they can't really double as an offensive weapon. In contrast aircrafts can defend airspace(similar to S300/S400) and double as an offensive weapon(for strikes). So a cash strapped nation like Pak is trying to make the best of the situation.
Yup I got the idea now

This Pantsir?
That's a stupid example ... it has nothing to do with the capability of the system rather the idiot operators who had switched it off..... you know even a F22 standing on the ground and exposed is nothing but a sitting duck.

Forgot to ask..probably S1

You wouldn't expect this to be a state secret. Speculations about Pantsir procurement pre-date this thread.
I'm normally against releasing such info before official announcement and confirmation like in case of CM400AKG..which is official now.

Can we use these at LOC like we are using anti aircraft guns??
Gangadeshis ka chota keema banany k liay.. :lol:

it has nothing to do with the capability of the system rather the idiot operators who had switched it off.....

But in the video, we can clearly see that missiles are being launched which is indicating that it was ON. Is it possible that this Pantsir was overwhelmed by saturation attack and eventually hit by a Harop Anti-Radiation Kamkazi drone?

How many of these systems are we getting?

Pakistan is interested in pantsir and it was reported two times before but I am not sure about deal.

But in the video, we can clearly see that missiles are being launched which is indicating that it was ON. Is it possible that this Pantsir was overwhelmed by saturation attack and eventually hit by a Harop Anti-Radiation Kamkazi drone?
Watch this video, he has mentioned about this incident and did a very good and unbiased analysis

Maybe we have some long range sams, I mean Air Def knows what they are lacking and what they have

Before you peddle such information based on weak sources please note it is "corps" pronounced as "ko" -

corps
/kɔː/

noun
noun: corps; plural noun: corps
a main subdivision of an army in the field, consisting of two or more divisions.
"the 5th Army Corps"
  • a branch of an army assigned to a particular kind of work.
    "the Royal Army Medical Corps"
  • a body of people engaged in a particular activi

I hate creating baseless threads based on mere speculation but just because I believe my source to credible, I have decided to post this.

Personally talked to an officer from Air Def core who is real close to me and he broke it to me that boys are already in Russia for training (to operate the system) and Pantsir is set to arrive this December. I asked how certain he was and his response was an overwhelming affirmative.

I decided to skim PDF to before posting this thread to see if any info regarding Pantsir procurement exists. Turned out there were a few threads from May 2019 and Pak posters rubbished the news only because the source were Indian newspapers. Considering that Russia offering defence systems to Pakistan is something all know (and Pantsir has already appeared in the list of the systems being offered) and considering that I got this news from no Sabir Shakir rather an officer inside AD who said that people are already in Russia for this purpose, I decided to lend some credibility to this news. Take it or leave it.

I tried to ask him about HQ-9 as well and he said that he has no news regarding it as of yet. It seems that decision to buy a long range SAM is still in the pipeline (or it may have been taken already, you never know in Pakistan).

Don't take your source seriously.
Pakistanis even at very big position have developed what I call ' Haqeeqat TV syndrome' .
They might have deduced it from some signals and hints given by their seniors whereas in reality there was nothing .
Please don't take this stupid assumption even if someone swear by it .
They people are always taking mocking out of curious people .

Don't take your source seriously.
Pakistanis even at very big position have developed what I call ' Haqeeqat TV syndrome' .
They might have deduced it from some signals and hints given by their seniors whereas in reality there was nothing .
Please don't take this stupid assumption even if someone swear by it .
They people are always taking mocking out of curious people .
Shutup and get lost...

Before you peddle such information based on weak sources please note it is "corps" pronounced as "ko" -

corps
/kɔː/

noun
noun: corps; plural noun: corps
a main subdivision of an army in the field, consisting of two or more divisions.
"the 5th Army Corps"
  • a branch of an army assigned to a particular kind of work.
    "the Royal Army Medical Corps"
  • a body of people engaged in a particular activi
It could have been ignored as an honest mistake considering that in Urdu and our normal convo we say kore but you chose to be a spelling nazi. What can I do.

And based on a spelling mistake, you establish that my source is weak. I don't see any logic here.
I haven't claimed a confirmation and as I said, take it or leave it. I just stated what I heard from a source which to me is not known for hawai firing.

Why are we not going for a long-range missile system? what is the problem? or is it too much for policymakers to understand?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom