What's new

Pakistan's vast Shale Oil & Gas Reserves | Updates & Discussions

The point is that all these "feel good" stories of mineral riches are useless because they are so far from reality.

Far from reality as in far from being exploited and would require many years to mature or not real at all?

So the west is trying to tell us that Iran-Pak gas pipeline project will go down the drain?

Far from reality as in far from being exploited and would require many years to mature or not real at all?

Some resources will take many years to exploit with expertise and finances we do not have, some resources being claimed are simply not as large or exploitable, some are simply not real.

All such claims are ridiculous in their periodic regularity and their consistent futility.

So the west is trying to tell us that Iran-Pak gas pipeline project will go down the drain?

Why blame the West? Our own government has not signed any final contracts with Tadbir Energy for the portion of the IP pipeline within Pakistan. We simply do not have the money.

Why blame the West? Our own government has not signed any final contracts with Tadbir Energy for the portion of the IP pipeline within Pakistan. We simply do not have the money.

Isn't energy on top of the priority list of this Govt?

Some resources will take many years to exploit with expertise and finances we do not have, some resources being claimed are simply not as large or exploitable, some are simply not real.

-we did not have capabilities to exploit natural gas on our own when it was discovered in 50s but it was attained eventually. Same would be the case now.

-claims of size are being made by professional organisation based on hard data, do we have data to prove otherwise?

-there are bankable feasibility studies, should we believe that or some hypothesis?

Priority "lists" mean nothing without the resources to carry them out.

I think it's not just about the resourses.
If Pakistan could bear western pressure India might join the league and China is not that Far away.

-we did not have capabilities to exploit natural gas on our own when it was discovered in 50s but it was attained eventually. Same would be the case now.

-claims of size are being made by professional organisation based on hard data, do we have data to prove otherwise?

-there are bankable feasibility studies, should we believe that or some hypothesis?

Sirjee, exploitation of the Sui gas field was funded by the USSR, World Bank, Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and the Asian Development Bank. We did not do it on our own.

Sirjee, exploitation of the Sui gas field was funded by the USSR, World Bank, Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and the Asian Development Bank. We did not do it on our own.

The finances were found non the less and payed off to national economy many times over. It's importance in our economic development thus far cannot be understated either. So I still don't get the point.

The finances were found non the less and payed off to national economy many times over. It's importance in our economic development thus far cannot be understated either. So I still don't get the point.

The point is this: WE HAVE NO MONEY. We can get something done if and only if someone else pays for it. Like Iran. Or China. Or IMF. Or Saudi Arabia. Or ADB. Right now, no one is agreeing to fund any such projects on our list.

The point is this: WE HAVE NO MONEY. We can get something done if and only if someone else pays for it. Like Iran. Or China. Or IMF. Or Saudi Arabia. Or ADB. Right now, no one is agreeing to fund any such projects on our list.

All projects are executed through financing, that's how modern world works, it nothing unusual. You said no one is ready to finance these projects? May I ask for a source for this claim? With the exception of Thar coal rejection by ADB( or was it WB) due to pollution concerns but there are always alternatives. In any case, I am glad that you do agree that the resources are present and once the financing issue is resolved, we can start reaping benefits.

All projects are executed through financing, that's how modern world works, it nothing unusual. You said no one is ready to finance these projects? May I ask for a source for this claim? With the exception of Thar coal rejection by ADB( or was it WB) due to pollution concerns but there are always alternatives. In any case, I am glad that you do agree that the resources are present and once the financing issue is resolved, we can start reaping benefits.

I said some resources are present. For example, here is the reality about our Thar coal:

Just heard on TV that Minister of Petroleum said that proposed 6000 Power Generating Complex at Gadani will based on imported coal and that Thar Coal cannot be used as fuel for power generation.

It appears that our so called 85-billion ton coal deposit will remain under ground for ever. Our hopes for future riches from Thar Coal down the drain!!!

Our Thar coal is simply of too poor a quality to be used for power generation, all 85 billions tons of it. The hopes attached to Thar coal were always a mirage.

Interesting discussion. Thar coal is unexplored not because of financing but oil cartel. How difficult it is to float shares of a public limited company and gather funds. Anyone in todays era will be ready to buy shares in an energyventure. Just will to do and forego personal gains from OMCs

Interesting discussion. Thar coal is unexplored not because of financing but oil cartel. How difficult it is to float shares of a public limited company and gather funds. Anyone in todays era will be ready to buy shares in an energyventure. Just will to do and forego personal gains from OMCs

Thar coal is unexplored because of its poor quality.

Back
Top Bottom