Pakistan's UAV - Drone developments

Serial number SHPII-19-101
Built in 2019, first airframe of first "block/batch"
1633628983776.png

this is consistent with other SHP serials:

1633629119660.png

Last edited:
#IDET 2021 is also key word

Also also report says its trials are undergone by GIDS.

Some ......good news ....may be for GIDS ... :D
I would be very surprised if we actually have a potential export customer lined up. It's next to impossible to compete with China and Turkey in this market.

I would be very surprised if we actually have a potential export customer lined up. It's next to impossible to compete with China and Turkey in this market.

@JamD
Another aspect to think about:

AWC was not interested to use barq missile on Shahpar 2,so has AWC developed its own laser guided missile or imported,or is compelled to use barq?
It remains to be seen.

@JamD
Another aspect to think about:

AWC was not interested to use barq missile on Shahpar 2,so has AWC developed its own laser guided missile or imported,or is compelled to use barq?
It remains to be seen.

All I know:
Last I heard (2015) it was Barq BUT there was the intention to reverse engineer and locally manufacture a version. Yes, I did NOT say licensed production lol.

It's funny actually because there's a risk those two could keep the US out of key drone markets. E.g., Poland -- i.e., a NATO power -- is seriously studying Turkish drones, and I can see East Asia and Southeast Asia following suit as the Turks roll out more advanced systems.

SHP II seems to have a really nice design. Will it be bigger than SPH I in terms of size? Hope it sees export success as well!
It is bigger yes. To be an export success maybe we need to offer Turkish quality and after sales support at Chinese prices at the very least. Also it is quite easy for whoever supplies our engines to kill any deal if they don't approve of it.

It is bigger yes. To be an export success maybe we need to offer Turkish quality and after sales support at Chinese prices at the very least. Also it is quite easy for whoever supplies our engines to kill any deal if they don't approve of it.

Do you know which engine it will use?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom