What's new

Pakistan's UAV - Drone developments

H! Shaheen Missile!
If I am not mistaken the control laws of JF-17 were designed by CATIC. In modern fighter jets they use something known as Model Reference Adaptive Controller or MRAC. Now the adaptation law is what makes the real system behave like the "reference system" stored in the on-board computer. You can of course code it(the control law) in any language of your choice,however ADA and C are preferred because of low latencies. Kindly note Control Law(MRAC) is not coding,it is pure mathematics--which is based on some system structure-Now the reason why I use the term "system structure" instead of "system model" is because I assume there are lot of uncertainties in parameters of differential equation that describe the system(a fighter jet in our case). Of course you still need those various parameters so that you can 'model' your reference system in onboard computer.And to model it,you'd need a wealth of data--data that comes from painstaking wind-tunnel experiments in various AoAs and mach regimes!
I am curious to know what exactly were they coding,but I know fully well the shady ways in which organizations are structured in pakistan,it is very difficult to comment. Anyways have a nice day!
In Pakistani case it's the other way round. The parameters you mentioned are copy pasted from elsewhere then tweaks applied. Why do you think JF-17 looks so much like F-16?

Me and my students have developed a 6 hours endurance UAV this semester. Takeoff weight 50 lb, Payload 12 lb, wing span 10 ft, engine 35 cc. All composite manufacturing. We already published some data. We will also be presenting it at ICASE 2017 Conference in Islamabad this November.

Me and my students have developed a 6 hours endurance UAV this semester. Takeoff weight 50 lb, Payload 12 lb, wing span 10 ft, engine 35 cc. All composite manufacturing. We already published some data. We will also be presenting it at ICASE 2017 Conference in Islamabad this November.
Impressive! What composite material is that made of?

Impressive! What composite material is that made of?
Thankyou. Carbon fiber and GRP (fiber glass).

Here is another clearer video

We also developed a tiltrotor VTOL UAV

As well as pneumatic UAV catapult launcher (for use in Siachin and on board ships), all for the first time in Pakistan.

Thankyou. Carbon fiber and GRP (fiber glass).

Here is another clearer video

We also developed a tiltrotor VTOL UAV

As well as pneumatic UAV catapult launcher (for use in Siachin and on board ships), all for the first time in Pakistan.
Hi thanks for the video. We had a similar project wherein we used APM running on ardupilot. I've even developed an adaptive sliding mode controller and coded it in python(to a raspberry pi based autopilot) for my aerial vehicle. Now the unique thing is, my aerial vehicle is all thrust vectored
IMG_20170329_173805.jpg

@Nilgiri
@CriticalThought
@Oscar
That's APM mission planner

Last edited:
Armed ANKA is finally operational now ! I think It is a good option to be considered.

Air Platforms
IDEX 2017: GIDS moves to enhance Shahpar, develop MALE
Huw Williams, Abu Dhabi - IHS Jane's International Defence Review
23 February 2017.

Pakistan's Global Industry and Defence Solutions (GIDS) is in the process of enhancing the capabilities of its Shahpar unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) and working to develop a larger system.

Speaking to Jane's at IDEX 2017 in Abu Dhabi, Asad Kamal, GIDS' director of sales and marketing, said that enhancements to the Shahpar tactical UAV will focus on the introduction of a new powerplant.

The aircraft is currently equipped with a four-cylinder, four-stroke Rotax 912 ULS unit, developing 100 hp; the new, more powerful engine will also be sourced from overseas, Kamal said.

p1480781.jpg

The Shahpar is set to receive a new powerplant. (GIDS)

Pakistan's military currently operates two systems procured from European manufacturers - the Luna and Falco. Kamal said that as indigenous capabilities progress these will be phased out of service and the enhancements to the Shahpar are part of that process.

Shahpar provides a tactical-level intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) capability and does not feature an offensive capability - unlike the Pakistan military's other tactical system, the Burraq, which is manufactured by the National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM). The aircraft features a canard and swept-wing configuration with a pusher propeller, a belly-mounted gimballed payload, and a tricycle undercarriage.

The aircraft has a payload capacity of 50 kg, an endurance of more than 7 hours, a ceiling of 17,000 ft, and the ability to operate to a range of 250 km via its standard datalink.

Development of a medium-altitude long-endurance (MALE) system, Kamal said, is a logical step for GIDS as the company looks to enhance its and Pakistan's capabilities in the field of UAVs. The effort is in its early stages and the company is awaiting more information from the military as to what its requirements might be.

Elsewhere GIDS is developing an enhanced version of its Zumr-1 electro-optical/infrared ISR payload. The Zumr-2 is set to complete testing at the end of the year and among other improvements will introduce a laser designator; however, with a projected weight of around 32 kg, it will be roughly the same as the earlier model, which weighs 30 kg.

A friend works with SUPARCO told me that they were developing a system to operate the uavs remotely through satellite...

Meaning they can station em in FATA or DR Congo and operate em from some PAF base in sindh.

Pakistan also needs to develop an indigenous attack helicopter like the Cobra.
that is going to take forever and since we dont have prior experiences with helicopters it is going to take even longer

A friend works with SUPARCO told me that they were developing a system to operate the uavs remotely through satellite...

Meaning they can station em in FATA or DR Congo and operate em from some PAF base in sindh.

They were working on it since few years. I think it should have been completed by now.

Sir from which University of Pakistan you belong? Love to connect with you...

Pakistan Zindabad..... :pakistan:

I don't even know how to respond to this comment. The amount of information (including my comment) about the drones that you're outright ignoring, is outstanding. It seems that politics isn't the only thing we disagree on.

I have a question for you, what is the platform for the Burraq? Do you know how it looks like?

So now you know Burraq was a real deal and it has nothing common with Falco.

Thanks for someone,,, to draw my attention to one of your for sake disagreements.

In politics, what ever I said was sharp accurate.... this is not the right subject for such discuss, so I only put full stop here.

Last edited:
So now you know Burraq was a real deal and it has nothing common with Falco.

Thanks for someone,,, to draw my attention to one of your for sake disagreements.

In politics, what ever I said was sharp accurate.... this is not the right subject for such discuss, so I only put full stop here.
lol, why did I say that the Burraq was fake? You should actually go back and read my comments. GIDS provided the platform with the Shahpur, and NESCOM provided the technology needed to perform precision strikes, which I still believe were originally tested and intended to be on modified Falcos. It's ridiculous to say that I was wrong, when all the evidence points to my theory being the more logical one.

On the political front, your sense of geopolitical situations, and domestic politics are quite poor.

Last edited:
Sir from which University of Pakistan you belong? Love to connect with you...

Pakistan Zindabad..... :pakistan:
from Karachi University - but I did only B.Com. This doesn't mean that I am not a techie person at all. I love tech and I am better than some Engineers :) No offence....

Back
Top Bottom