What's new

Pakistan’s stance on Saudi-Qatar conflict, My own report/article

pakistan_s-stance-on-saudi-qatar-conflict.jpg

By Abuzar Ilyas

Statement by Pakistan’s Foreign Office on Qatar crisis:

‘Pakistan supports unity in Ummah and we will maintain neutrality in current crisis which has erupted in the Middle East.’

I was shocked to receive news about 20,000-25,000 Pak Army troops deployment in Qatar. It later proved to be a hoax when I checked from my sources. The online journal which posted this news did not quote any official source. Most media outlets forget that it is against the norms of media to post random news without any credible source.

Pakistan Army’s deployment in Qatar in current conflict or in future is just wishful thinking because it is impossible for Pak Army to deploy such a huge contingent overseas when we are dealing with an insurgency which has posed an existential threat to our country for some years now.

Pakistan’s stance in current conflict between Qatar and Saudi Arabia is neutral because Pakistan has always supported prosperity and unity among Muslim countries. Any adventure/ war will lead to destruction and suffering of Muslims which will be unfortunate. Only viable solution is dialogue between the concerned parties. After the conference of Islamic Military Alliance too, Pakistani foreign office had issued a statement that Pakistan was not going to fire bullets on any Islamic country. That policy is in practice for the current crisis too.

We have an example from the past when the whole of Arab League and OIC boycotted the Egypt after its ties with Israel but Pakistan played a positive role to bring back the Egyptians in mainstream. Both the KSA and Qatar are important friends and brotherly countries of Pakistan and we have businesses and cultural relations with both of them. Pakistan gives equal importance to the relations with these countries. Pakistan has so far maintained neutrality in this conflict and is ready to play a positive role for mediation between the confronted powers.

Pakistan is importing oil from KSA and LNG from Qatar, has huge trade interests and ties with both of these countries so taking side of one country and abandoning the other is out of question. A large number of Pakistanis are employed by both of these countries and this factor also demands neutrality.

Pakistan Army’s expected deployment in Qatari peninsula is out of question for now. Pakistan Army will never be deployed to fight against any Muslim country as stated by the foreign office and foreign secretary after the conference of Islamic Military Alliance.

Pakistan Army is a sizeable force with more than 600,000 active troops. Over 150,000 of its soldiers are busy in fighting war against terrorism in North West of Pakistan and in intelligence based operations (IBOs) throughout the country. Over 100,000 troops are currently taking part in National Census. Moreover, Pak Army also takes part in relief operations, election duties and other tasks.

As far as the matter of Turkey’s involvement in Qatar is concerned, it was a forgoing deal which took some years to materialize. 150 military trainers of Turk military were present inside Qatar and both countries were in talks with each other for the deployment of an overseas Turk detachment. The rapid legislation from the Turk parliament is a coincidence for some people and it is also a step in favour of Qatar and against Saudi alliance but overall, Turkey is itself seeking a neutral position in this crisis.

A large bulk of army is needed to cope with any challenge posed by the arch rival India. Situation on eastern borders of Pakistan is also tense these days and further escalations are expected due to constant ceasefire violations by our adversary on Kashmir’s Line of Control. Exchange of artillery also happens after every few days on LoC, so the deployment of Pakistan Army overseas is completely out of question for now.

After throwing your lot with KSA over Iran it is nit picking to say that you are not getting involved against Qatar

It is more like how much $$$ can I get out of Saudis

the terrorism by modi in kashmir and daily LOC firing has done at least one good thing for PA. it is keeping it away from saudi-yemen and saudi-qatar conflict which has the capability to turn into another US WOT type long lasting conflict.

the terrorism by modi in kashmir and daily LOC firing has done at least one good thing for PA. it is keeping it away from saudi-yemen and saudi-qatar conflict which has the capability to turn into another US WOT type long lasting conflict.

can pakistan afford to anger the saudis ? I assume UAE, Bahrain and Egypt are in bed with the Saudis

neutrality is the best option as we know just one puppy idhe and udhr all conflict resolve to avoid this moment :O just keep your head and hands down or look sideways :)

One thing that has to be learned through history is that don't get involved in a conflict in the middle east.
It's a quagmire.

Pakistani pilots have carried out airstrikes in Libya using Arab fighter aircrafts while Pakistan has been conducting drone strikes on Yemen for the past few years.

GCC is Pakistan's largest trading partner while Pakistan's trade with Iran is negligible, on top of that millions of Pakistanis work and reside in the Arabian Peninsula. As Iran has supported hostile Indian activities on Pakistani territory, Pakistan can't be expected to remain neutral. Pakistan chose sides when Iran decided to handover the blueprints of Pakistani nuclear centrifuges to the United States in the early 2000s.

Last edited:
Pakistani pilots have carried out airstrikes in Libya using Arab fighter aircrafts while Pakistan has been conducting drone strikes on Yemen for the past years.

GCC is Pakistan's largest trading partner while Pakistan's trade with Iran is negligible, on top of that millions of Pakistanis work and reside in the Arabia Peninsula. As Iran has supported hostile Indian activities on Pakistani territory, Pakistan can't be expected to remain neutral. Pakistan chose sides when Iran decided to handover the blueprints of Pakistani nuclear centrifuges to the United States in the early 2000s.

true but they are next door if they attacked it will spill over into pak you dont want saudis/usa/israel/britain/ causing more chaos worse is it can involve india raw, and the indian is already itching for war and they are known cheap shots.

The one who finds it still hard to digest that how Pakistan came into existence.lol.

Delusional Indian

If you think Russia, Saudi, Turkey, Islamic countries, China will save you, I have absolutely no problem. You don't have to wait for 2050 or 2100 to see what I say. You will be begging for India's help, saying we are same culture & from same fore fathers & ancestors. You will come to India. I am even giving you time. It's matter of just 4-5 years only. I will be around. Your fate will be written by 2021-22. You will even be ready to convert your religion. Remember my words. Azad Kashmir GB will be part of India by 2022. I am not trying to insult or humiliate you. This is going to be reality. Just wait & watch.

When I tell to make friends with India, it's because many can save their lives & save humiliation. I am not even telling to join or re-unite with India, shed hatred, try new approach, open trade, just make friendship, start working towards peace with India. At-least go & analyze why I say by 2021. Don't have to debate with me. Have a biased mind & patiently sit & study why & How the geo-politics is shaping. If not time will show you who was delusional.

Last edited:
If you think Russia, Saudi, Turkey, Islamic countries, China will save you, I have absolutely no problem. You don't have to wait for 2050 or 2100 to see what I say. You will be begging for India's help, saying we are same culture & from same fore fathers & ancestors. You will come to India. I am even giving you time. It's matter of just 4-5 years only. I will be around. Your fate will be written by 2021-22. You will even be ready to convert your religion. Remember my words. Azad Kashmir GB will be part of India by 2022. I am not trying to insult or humiliate you. This is going to be reality. Just wait & watch.

When I tell to make friends with India, it's because many can save their lives & save humiliation. I am not even telling to join or re-unite with India, shed hatred, try new approach, open trade, just make friendship, start working towards peace with India. At-least go & analyze why I say by 2021. Don't have to debate with me. Have a biased mind & patiently sit & study why & How the geo-politics is shaping. If not time will show you who was delusional.
OK, sure, Pakistan would not survive after year, yet here we are

we are same culture & from same fore fathers & ancest
I am sorry we do not share any ganga culture, such as cow drinking cow piss, protecting cow more than woman

When I tell to make friends with India,
India is the one that blocks our team from playing, bars our actors from working. You should learnnfirst before preaching

You will even be ready to convert your religion
Trust me I am not Hindu.

It's matter of just 4-5 years only. I will be around
Son I have been around here more than your age. I was young boy in war of 65

shed hatred, try new approach, open trade, just make friendship, start working towards peace with India.
Indian was offered to join CPEC, but as always like whining dehati aurat, India rejected

OK, sure, Pakistan would not survive after year, yet here we are

I am sorry we do not share any ganga culture, such as cow drinking cow piss, protecting cow more than woman

India is the one that blocks our team from playing, bars our actors from working. You should learnnfirst before preaching

Trust me I am not Hindu.

Son I have been around here more than your age. I was young boy in war of 65

Indian was offered to join CPEC, but as always like whining dehati aurat, India rejected

Waste of time to debate to people who have a closed mind. I have no time to argue. If you want to know why 2021 I will explain.

It is important for Pakistan to learn atleast now, that it has to try to stand on its own and develop some credibility of its own. Being a satellite state of the US, China, Saudia may help with some simple cash crunches but in the long run, it will lead to situations where you become crushed caught between these large entities.

That is a lesson that should already have been learnt by now. The countries that have benefited from the US nuclear umbrella and financial aid program had a clear roadmap. South Asian countries have never had any and all that such friendships will earn them is enmity with someone else.

Waste of time to debate to people who have a closed mind. I have no time to argue. If you want to know why 2021 I will explain.
Your each and every non sense was debunked. Stop watching republic kid. Lol

Back
Top Bottom