What's new

Pakistan’s sports committee calls for campaign to stop India from hosting international events

Margarita

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
The committee observed that India had been trying to isolate its sportspersons by depriving them a chance to compete in international events.

57445-wfjkqmsyhc-1493917010.jpg

Pakistan’s National Assembly’s Standing Committee on Sports has advised its top sports authorities and federations to collectively launch a campaign to stop India from being given hosting rights for international events, reported PTI.

The committee observed that in recent months, India had been trying to isolate Pakistani sportspersons by depriving them a chance to compete in international events.

Pakistan’s Wrestling Federation and Squash Federation had recently claimed that their national teams were denied visa by the Indian High Commission for continental events. Pakistan’s junior hockey team was also denied visa for the World Cup that was held in Lucknow last December.

A top lawmaker of the government, Mushadullah Khan, who heads the committee, noted at a hearing today in Islamabad that by refusing visas to Pakistani sports teams for international events in India, the Indian authorities have exposed themselves.

“We need to collectively launch a campaign to make the world aware that international sporting events should not be given to India because they are mixing sports with politics,” Mushadullah Khan said.

He was addressing the Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board Shaharyar Khan, who appeared before the committee for a hearing on cricket affairs. Khan informed the committee members that the PCB had finally decided to stop accepting the Board of Control for Cricket in India’s tactics to damage Pakistan cricket.

“We have sent the BCCI a Notice of Dispute under the Dispute Resolution Committee Terms of Reference of the ICC as they have repeatedly breached the agreement executed between PCB and BCCI in respect of the Future Tour Programme for the period 2015 and 2023,” Khan said.

He stated that the PCB, in its notice, made it clear that it had suffered losses of $60 million for every series that India had refused to play with it under the Memorandum of Understanding signed between the two boards in 2014.

“We have demanded compensation for our losses and we have asked them to respond in a week’s time. If they don’t accept our demand we will file a case before the ICC dispute resolution committee for hearing. Which will be the start of our legal process against them.”

“Under ICC laws, both the Boards have to accept the decision of the committee after our lawyers make their cases before them,” Khan said.

Khan informed the committee that between 2015 and 2017, Pakistan twice tried to hold series at neutral venues but the Indians refused to play the bilateral series. He said Pakistan had gone to India in 2012-’13 for a short limited-overs series as a goodwill gesture.

“We did not get a penny from the series and the Indian Board earned from it. Yet after that they series they made no attempt to reciprocate our goodwill gesture.”

The PCB chief also informed the committee that in the notice sent to the BCCI, Pakistan had made it clear that between 2008 and 2017 it had twice sold its broadcasting rights.

“And in both contracts, we lost revenues because in each contract around $40 million were to be paid to us for any bilateral series with India by the Broadcasters,” Khan said.

https://thefield.scroll.in/836638/p...-stop-india-from-hosting-international-events

Yes I agree with the policy India not only mixing politics but also there are religious issues created by Hindus racist policies run by modi

OMG... So much cry... India is isolated now... What will we do?

Yes I agree with the policy India not only mixing politics but also there are religious issues created by Hindus racist policies run by modi
This is not policy, it is just as usual Pakistani bragging to get "Sports Aid".

The committee observed that in recent months, India had been trying to isolate Pakistani sportspersons by depriving them a chance to compete in international events.

Are all world sports events held in India ?

Once again, this post like a previous one relates to Cricket. The PCB is hurting badly.

lol exactly my thoughts (well wanted to use North Korea instead) but did not write this because these days I am getting warnings for even stating facts.
I get banned even for sneezing here and you are complaining about warnings :o:

Its like Iran campaigning to boycott USA

Indian obsession of becoming world supa dupa power which is not going to happen anyway

while India playing dirty politics every nation have right to show the world, that whats really happening on ground bases by some radical nation is their right.

You guys can say whatever you want to..... but the fact is that for a country of the size of india..... while keeping in mind its global aspirations ....hell becoming a super power and playing a bigger role...... It keeps on showcasing so shallow gestures..... that totally negates the image it aspires to have .......

Whats the insecurity about ??? what can one prove with banning of innocent players..... and that too from international events........ Keeping all the politics and usual rhetoric aside.....honestly its a joke..

Bilaterally.... Yes of course.... india reserves all the rights... too allow its players to go to Pakistan.... or host Pakistani players for bilateral contests... or cancel it all.... for whatever reasons it wants too....

As far you guys comparing yourselves and your shinning india to USA......and us to Iran or north korea.... dont kid yourselves.....Wake up..... You are no USA....Nor you are going to be comparable to them for the foreseeable future..... and by no means we are iran or north korea.......

As far as US is concerned.... to my knowledge .... it has never banned any players.... not even from enemy states..... in any international contests.......

India would even ban Juniors from I-Contests..... banning kids..... Whats wrong???.... grow up..... have some heart....control your lunatics..... Act as country ....you aspire to become.

Pakistan must take to all relevant forums.... raise its voice loud.... lobby for it as hard as possible.... and ensure that all international sports events are banned in india..... until it decides to rectify its wrong.... and prove to world that it is worthy to hold such events!

Adios!

lol, I know right. bdw, I love your posts Price of Dorne. You live up to your name :enjoy:
barbed tongue and all, lol

You guys can say whatever you want to..... but the fact is that for a country of the size of india..... while keeping in mind its global aspirations ....hell becoming a super power and playing a bigger role...... It keeps on showcasing so shallow gestures..... that totally negates the image it aspires to have .......

Whats the insecurity about ??? what can one prove with banning of innocent players..... and that too from international events........ Keeping all the politics and usual rhetoric aside.....honestly its a joke..

Bilaterally.... Yes of course.... india reserves all the rights... too allow its players to go to Pakistan.... or host Pakistani players for bilateral contests... or cancel it all.... for whatever reasons it wants too....

As far you guys comparing yourselves and your shinning india to USA......and us to Iran or north korea.... dont kid yourselves.....Wake up..... You are no USA....Nor you are going to be comparable to them for the foreseeable future..... and by no means we are iran or north korea.......

As far as US is concerned.... to my knowledge .... it has never banned any players.... not even from enemy states..... in any international contests.......

India would even ban Juniors from I-Contests..... banning kids..... Whats wrong???.... grow up..... have some heart....control your lunatics..... Act as country ....you aspire to become.

Pakistan must take to all relevant forums.... raise its voice loud.... lobby for it as hard as possible.... and ensure that all international sports events are banned in india..... until it decides to rectify its wrong.... and prove to world that it is worthy to hold such events!

Adios!

Thanks for your well articulated reply. I am travelling right now, please allow me to gather my thoughts and reply back to you later.

Indian obsession of becoming world supa dupa power which is not going to happen anyway

while India playing dirty politics every nation have right to show the world, that whats really happening on ground bases by some radical nation is their right.
Bhai aap kehna kya chahte ho? If we are a radical nation how plethora international events be it sports, film festivals, music, entertainment are all happening in my country and not in Pakistan? Why is top notch artists like Cold play, Justine Biber, Metallica, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden and truckloads of Hollywood celebs and bands having no problem coming to India in droves and performing? If we are such rogue nation why doesn't the world sit up and take notice?

Last edited:

Is it though? Does the US ban Iranian athletes from competing in international competitions held in the US?

That level of insecurity is only restricted to your country my friend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom