What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
KSA is worlds largest importer of arms.
Pakistan is not even in the top 30 exporters. You see the gap? If as per your claims Pakistan was KSA's largest small arms supplier, then it should be in top 10 list? does this logic makes sense to you? does any sane thing makes sense to you besides your own facts in your own world? you spent hours and hours spreading rumors and false facts on the forum , use that time to learn, there is so much info available on the net free of cost.
Yes we are the largest exporter of weapons to them. And I was the one who told about Pakistan working on mini nuclear submarine and every body like you made fun of me and after few months Oscar confirmed. I also told about several other weapons people like again talked crap and I was proven right on the spot. Pakistan is biggest exporter of small arms to Saudi Arabia I give a dam of what you believe remain.

come out of your delusional world, I knew about the nuclear sub a decade ago, but I don't suffer from oral diarrhea like you. I know about things now that you'll find out in next 10 years.

Yes we are the largest exporter of weapons to them. And I was the one who told about Pakistan working on mini nuclear submarine and every body like you made fun of me and after few months Oscar confirmed. I also told about several other weapons people like again talked crap and I was proven right on the spot. Pakistan is biggest exporter of small arms to Saudi Arabia I give a dam of what you believe remain.

Rumours are abound that the whole thing might be in doldrums due to greased palms of some 2 stars and up along with a host of bureaucrats and government officials, and a less than astute system might be purchased under the guise of savings for the national exchequer.

We were hoping that under GRS the selection process will be based on merits (performance and financial). But as he has retired now so may be some people now trying to make a quick buck.
Lets hope that the new COAS makes the right decision.

We were hoping that under GRS the selection process will be based on merits (performance and financial). But as he has retired now so may be some people now trying to make a quick buck.
Lets hope that the new COAS makes the right decision.
When we can expect the announcement ?

If ARX and SCAR are the finalists then what merrit do we afford the news of POFs LoU regarding the production of small arms which Czech Republic? One would assume such an agreement would include production of CZ 806 Bren2. There is something to be said for its selection given how willing Ceska Zbrojovka has beem to provide interative upgrades and modifications to the rifle. Pakistan would be able to make something that is all its own using the Bren 2 as its starting point.

If ARX and SCAR are the finalists then what merrit do we afford the news of POFs LoU regarding the production of small arms which Czech Republic? One would assume such an agreement would include production of CZ 806 Bren2. There is something to be said for its selection given how willing Ceska Zbrojovka has beem to provide interative upgrades and modifications to the rifle. Pakistan would be able to make something that is all its own using the Bren 2 as its starting point.
The LoU happened, but even if the CZ-806 BREN 2 is selected as the standard issue rifle (produced at POF), I don't think that the SCAR-H or ARX-200 are out of the question. Specific units, e.g. SOF and CPEC Security Division, could still end up getting the SCAR or ARX, especially in the interim as the POF transitions to manufacturing the BREN.

Last edited:
The LoU happened, but even if the CZ-806 BREN 2 is selected as the standard issue rifle (produced at POF), I don't think that the SCAR-H or ARX-200 are out of the question. Specific units, e.g. SOF and CPEC Security Division, could still end up getting the SCAR or ARX, especially in the interim as the POF transitions to manufacturing the BREN.
Sir are you suggesting that Pakistani infantry will adopt 7.62 x 39 caliber now and drop 7.62 x 51 caliber ?

Sir are you suggesting that Pakistani infantry will adopt 7.62 x 39 caliber now and drop 7.62 x 51 caliber ?
No. I am saying that the average soldier will probably get a BREN variant - 7.62x39 and/or 7.62x51 - and the SOF, CPEC Security Division, elite police units, etc, will get SCAR-H or ARX-200.

Remember, it'll be some years before we get BRENs in production at POF, and many more years before new rifles are in the hands of the regular infantry. But priority units (e.g. SOF) need new rifles soon, so we may do a small off-the-shelf (e.g. 30,000) order from FN Herstal or Beretta.

No. I am saying that the average soldier will probably get a BREN variant - 7.62x39 and/or 7.62x51 - and the SOF, CPEC Security Division, elite police units, etc, will get SCAR-H or ARX-200.

Remember, it'll be some years before we get BRENs in production at POF, and many more years before new rifles are in the hands of the regular infantry. But priority units (e.g. SOF) need new rifles soon, so we may do a small off-the-shelf (e.g. 30,000) order from FN Herstal or Beretta.

Sir Bren hasn't come up with 7.62 X 51 version yet and I hardly doubt that Pakistan will now wait for first Bren to come up with 7.62 X 51 version and test it again. Also I hardly doubt infantry would shift to 7.62 x 51. Lastly I think Pakistan may go for SCAR H or Berreta and this Bren may come in handy or we opt for both. Because out of 14 MOU signed by Pakistan 5 to 6 were signed by POF. And even before these MOU POF has also signed deals with Turkey and Italy for POF upgradation. This kind of massive upgradation can't be only to produce one rifle. We are doing something else here so now let's wait and see what happens.

Sir Bren hasn't come up with 7.62 X 51 version yet and I hardly doubt that Pakistan will now wait for first Bren to come up with 7.62 X 51 version and test it again. Also I hardly doubt infantry would shift to 7.62 x 51. Lastly I think Pakistan may go for SCAR H or Berreta and this Bren may come in handy or we opt for both. Because out of 14 MOU signed by Pakistan 5 to 6 were signed by POF. And even before these MOU POF has also signed deals with Turkey and Italy for POF upgradation. This kind of massive upgradation can't be only to produce one rifle. We are doing something else here so now let's wait and see what happens.
I took a look at the agreements signed by POF. There was only *one* agreement - an LoU - signed with a gun manufacturer and that was CZ, you can read it below.

The 3rd LOU was signed between POF and M/s. CeskaZbrojovka, Czech Republic. According to LOU M/s. CeskaZbrojovka, Czech Republic and Pakistan Ordnance Factories declared that they will intensively negotiate a delivery of complete technology for the production of small arms to Pakistan Ordnance Factories, POF. Mutual interest refers to gradual launching of production in Pakistan, ranging from light assembly to maximum localization of production. Within this cooperation, transfer of technology as well as technical support including technical training of the personnel for Pakistan Ordnance Factories is expected.
The rest of the MoUs and LoUs were in relation to factory technology, ammunition, etc, including the one with Belgium which was for a primer/paint facility. The only reason why we keep bringing up the BREN now is because it is the only manufacturer POF has negotiations (for ToT) planned, no one else. We can keep on waiting, but as it stands right now and based on what people who visited IDEAS are saying, CZ is at the center now.

As for waiting for a 7.62x51 version of the BREN. Why not? You were willing to wait for the 7.62x39 version of the SCAR not too long ago, why change the view for the BREN? Functionally, the Army has tested the BREN 2's core mechanics, weight, durability, etc. They understand the platform. Second, the BREN is a modular design, it wouldn't take long for CZ to come up with 7.62x51, just as it didn't take them long to come up with the 7.62x39 version.

In fact 7,62x51 version of BREN had been already tested in Pakistan. It was shown at the IDEAS but no pictures were allowed. There was also a proof target from testing. It has better accuracy then both SCAR and ARX

In fact 7,62x51 version of BREN had been already tested in Pakistan. It was shown at the IDEAS but no pictures were allowed. There was also a proof target from testing. It has better accuracy then both SCAR and ARX
This is breaking news!

Zarvan the easiest possible way is to see that BREN as a gun based on SCAR design thus a SCAR with CZ label is coming and that is something to be happy about! I see why BREN has been selected because they offered the best package. Commiserations, the FN SCAR is not coming (possibly) But CZ SCAR is coming. :D

@Suff Shikan did you see a 7.62x51 BREN at CZ booth?

DSC_0343.jpg
You mean this?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom