What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
I am waiting for Mr @balixd to share the latest news
Thanks bro but if we select scar that will shift conventional military balance in Pakistan. Favour as its a gun still only used by spec ops so if all military has it yikes let's hope the deal does not get sabotaged because Indians are still stuck on weapons of old and Afghans are also still less trained but anyways it will be way better than what we have now and will save and take many lives and improve our kill ratio as g3 albeit good is now old like M1 GRAND and Springfield and sten and Bren machine gun and ak 47 alas

Thanks bro but if we select scar that will shift conventional military balance in Pakistan. Favour as its a gun still only used by spec ops so if all military has it yikes let's hope the deal does not get sabotaged because Indians are still stuck on weapons of old and Afghans are also still less trained but anyways it will be way better than what we have now and will save and take many lives and improve our kill ratio as g3 albeit good is now old like M1 GRAND and Springfield and sten and Bren machine gun and ak 47 alas
But still MG3 will never get old (it's an insider joke )

My selection of AK 103 above as the preferred rifle for PA has held true. Pakistan to place an order with Russia very soon for thousands of units is the news I hear today. Good Choice PA

My selection of AK 103 above as the preferred rifle for PA has held true. Pakistan to place an order with Russia very soon for thousands of units is the news I hear today. Good Choice PA
AK-103 is not decided as replacement for G3 but going to few Para Military Forces like ANF and others. Trials for G3 replacement are still on going

sharpdaily_new-header_1500x844_noirreview-fnh-scar.jpg

As much as I love AR-15s, they’re constantly flirting with redundancy and oversaturation. So rifles like the Fabrique Nationale SCAR 17S are welcome additions to the modern rifle marketplace. But beyond its contribution to increased market variety, does the 17S have true staying power, or is it simply a niche rifle with “Call of Duty” looks and a Ferrari price tag?

Visually, the design language of the 17S commands attention. Nevertheless, some people reject its looks as juvenile gamer delusions of grandeur. Personally, I like the playful balance between futuristic laser blaster and moderately evolved AR. Sometimes ARs can look disjointed and lacking uniformity, as if put together from a MacGyver parts bin. In contrast, the SCAR 17S looks like it was designed from one solid piece of material.

sharpdaily_articlesupportimages_720x452_noirreview-fnh-scar_stock.jpg

The stock is to me the most defining visual characteristic of the SCAR. Unfortunately, it also looks incredibly similar to an UGG boot. I like the stock, but I can’t look at the SCAR without an image of that fur-covered turd that pre-pubescent teenagers call a boot popping up in my head. Still, there’s a toy-like quality about the looks of the 17S that gives the impression that it’s an incredibly fun gun to shoot.

Ergonomically, I don’t think the 17S is an obvious winner. It can feel a little bloated and not as nimble as other .308 AR-pattern rifles; but what it lacks in finesse and grace, it makes up for in weight, balance and comfort. ARs typically feel like they were designed with straight-edge rulers, but the SCAR’s ergonomics feel like they were conceived with a protractor, signifying FN’s understanding that the human body is a combination of curves, straight lines and right angles.

Yes, the stock looks like a Taylor Swift uniform staple, but it’s a big part of why this gun’s ergonomics are much better than they appear at first glance. The slight curve on the back end of the stock conforms nicely to the natural curve created where my chest and shoulder meet. The adjustable cheek weld is a silent blessing to my neck; I’m not forced to hyperextend or contract it to see through my optic like a damn ninja turtle.

The balance this gun exhibits rivals that of an Olympic gymnast on a balance beam. I love it. The rifle’s weight remained consistently balanced and centered right over the magazine well. Speaking of weight, the SCAR 17S is creepy light. At eight pounds, it may look bloated; but it’s clearly all gas, because it’s one of the lightest – if not the lightest – in its peer class.

What I love about the SCAR is how complicated it looks, but how basic and intuitive it feels in your hands. Again, the stock steals the show in that you can fold it over, decreasing its profile. Your fingers naturally land on all the things that matter. The SCAR is completely ambidextrous, including the reciprocating charging handle.
In many ways the SCAR 17S is a freak of nature. How it manages to be so light and maneuverable and manage the recoil of the .308 the way it does is debatably brilliant. It’s like it doesn’t know it’s shooting a .308. You put the gun up to your shoulder and brace yourself for what you expect to be scoliosis-inducing recoil that will cause you to question whether it’s worth shooting all 20 rounds in its magazine. You pull the trigger and instead of hitting you like an anvil, it firmly shoves you on the chest and says, “See, not so bad, now let’s do it again because that was awesome!”

The reciprocating charging handle on the SCAR is an obvious point of contention for some people. Theoretically, it can get caught on things and cause your gun to malfunction when you’re in a fight. But out here where I’m not being shot at, a reciprocating charging handle is to shooting what skeletonized watches are to the timepiece world. Seeing the beautifully placed gears turning makes the watch feel special, the same way seeing the charging handle of the SCAR 17S crashing back and forth each time you pull the trigger makes the shooting experience feel more epic.

Double-taps and rapid fire were enjoyable and didn’t make me feel like I was a crash test dummy holding on for dear life. The trigger on the SCAR isn’t the greatest in the world, but it’s nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be. It’s heavy, with some creep, and the reset feels a little hollow, but it’s hardly horrible.

The SCAR doesn’t come cheap, so be ready to pony up between $2,500 and $2,800 for one. Not to mention that the magazines are proprietary and also not budget-friendly. But for the money, you don’t just get a rifle. You really do get an experience. It’s a rifle that, when shot, makes you feel like you’re defying some law of physics. It’s a gun of many talents.

Many rifles can do the long game just fine, but not many can play the short distance game just as well; they’re just too heavy and a bit unwieldy. Currently, if I were forced to pick one rifle as my sole .308 piston-driven rifle, it would be the SCAR 17S. Considering the love I have for the HK MR762, that’s saying a hell of a lot.

Colion Noir is an NRA News Commentator and the host of NOIR on NRA Freestyle.

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2015/3/2/noir-review-fnh-scar-17s/

FNH FNAC (FN Advanced Carbine)

Recoil Staff
March 12, 2012

fnacopen.jpg

FN Herstal USA’s latest SCAR variant the FNAC (FN Advanced Carbine) will be their entry into the US Army Individual Carbine competition. The Individual Carbine competition is the Army’s open competition to replace the M4. This competition only applies to the Army, other branches of the US Military will be sticking with the M4 for now.

The FNAC is chambered in NATO 5.56x45mm like the SCAR-L and civilian SCAR-16s, but the FNAC has some significant differences. The barrel is 14” long, 0.5” shorter than the SCAR-L STD and 2.5” shorter than the SCAR-16s. Compared to both the L and 16s the FNAC has removed the integrated front sight from the gas block and put a traditional folding front sight on the picatinny rail. The most significant difference is the charging handle has been re-engineered to be non-reciprocating. One of our dislikes of the SCAR-17s (.308 chambered civilian version of the SCAR-H) that we reviewed in issue 1 of RECOIL Magazine was the reciprocating charging handle. Will their be a civilian variant of the FNAC – or at least conversion kits that allow SCAR-16 and 17 owners convert to a non-reciprocating charging handle? Only FNH knows that.

1/2

2/2

Here is what FN Herstal USA is saying about the FNAC

The FN Advanced Carbine (FNAC) is ready to serve as the U.S. Army’s next generation Individual Carbine. Its pedigree of excellence evolves from bold advancements in technical design validated by exhaustive testing for reliability, accuracy and durability. Expect the same high performance under extreme conditions with ease of maintenance and minimal logistics support seen in all FN SCAR® weapons.

CALIBER: 5.56x45mm NATO

• Selective fire
  • Short-stroke gas piston
  • Rotating, locking bolt
  • 625 rounds per minute (RPM) cyclic rate of fire
  • Compact design
  • Composite polymer trigger module
RECEIVER

• Hard-anodized monolithic, aluminum receiver
  • MIL-STD 1913 accessory rails at the 3,6,9 and 12 o’clock positions, sequentially numbered grooves
  • Removable front and rear back-up iron sights
BARREL

• 14″ barrel length
  • Hammer-forged, chrome-lined steel
  • Fully free-floating design
  • Cerakote flat dark earth (FDE) surface finish
  • Effective flash hider and sound suppressor
  • M9 bayonet compatibility
STOCK

• Telescoping design
  • Side folding feature provides more compact weapon package in aircraft and vehicle deployments, and can still be fired from the folded position
  • Adjustable cheekpiece
  • Composite polymer construction with molded-in FDE color
OPERATING CONTROLS

• Ambidextrous selector lever and magazine release
  • Non reciprocating charging handle, with ambidextrous control and forward assist capability
  • Enlarged trigger guard for easier access when wearing gloves
  • Adjustable gas regulator for use with sound suppressor to maintain constant rate of fire
MAGAZINE

• Standard M16/M4
  • Aluminum magazines

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/fnh-fnac-fn-advanced-carbine-255.html#ixzz4EiA7y7mW

The different versions SCAR offer it's stupid to choose some other Gun.

AUSA12: New Photos of FN’s Advanced Carbine

FNH USA finally decided to display its new Advanced Carbine that it submitted to the Army’s Improved Carbine competition. It caught my eye as I walked by FN’s booth at the Association of the United States Army’s 2012 meeting and exposition in Washington, D.C.

Yes, the FNAC looks very much like the 5.56mm MK 16 Special Operations Forces Combat Assault Rifle or SCAR, but there are a few differences.

It features a non-reciprocating charging handle and is slightly lighter than the MK16, weighing in at 7.95 pounds with a loaded 30 round magazine – a key requirement in the carbine competition. It’s equipped with a 14-inch hammer-forged barrel.

Here are a few photos:

http://kitup.military.com/2012/10/ausa12-photos-fns-advanced-carbine.html

@Sulman Badshah @Horus @balixd @Tipu7

I think if we acquire scar our ssg and lcb might get this hell if officer can buy this I will

SCAR offers versions for all kind of forces Sniper and Infantry and Special Forces. It's really the Gun for future
I know it even has experimental infantry automatic rifle IE lmg but fnac is quite advanced and just saying that if our reg infantry has fnh and fn l lcb and ssg would have this then we can give their m4 to other forces like marines most of them still use ak 47

I know it even has experimental infantry automatic rifle IE lmg but fnac is quite advanced and just saying that if our reg infantry has fnh and fn l lcb and ssg would have this then we can give their m4 to other forces like marines most of them still use ak 47
SCAR if selected will go to all three Armed Forces. Which include our marines also

Zastava Oruzje exporting USD 7.5 million worth of AK-47s to America – 95% of arrangements for 2017 already made

Ten of the 17 machining centers ordered have just arrived to Zastava Oruzje, of which eight have already been put into operation. The remaining seven numerical control machines should arrive to the factory by mid-August.

The value of the investment is around EUR 2.5 million, of which EUR 2 million were procured through the loan by Srpska Banka with a grace period and a repayment period of two years, whereas the remaining EUR 500,000 have been provided by the factory itself.

— The new equipment will enable the reduction of costs and a stable quality of the products, and so increase the competitiveness of Zastava’s program in the world markets, where arrangements in the value of USD 50 million have been made for this year. This will be sufficient for financing the factory’s operation and making a profit of around five million dollars, said the director of Zastava Oruzje, Milojko Brzakovic.

He mentioned that, in the first six months of 2016, the factory’s production had been 10% larger than in the same period in 2015, and that, from the beginning of the year till May, it had made a profit of RSD 243.5 million.

He also pointed out that Zastava Oruzje was well in the process of making business arrangements for the next year. At the recently held Defense and Security Exhibition Eurosatory 2016 in Paris, an agreement was signed with an American partner, the company Century Arms, on the export of semi-automatic AK-47 rifles (used in America for hunting) in 2017 in the amount of USD 7.5 million.

A new Indian state delegation, interested in buying infantry weapons, will come to the factory on June 20, since the Kragujevac program won one of their last year’s tenders. A day before, representatives of Zastava will attend a demonstration of the technical and shooting potential of India’s ordnance in New Delhi.

Brzakovic claims that Zastava Oruzje had already made 95% of the arrangements planned for 2017, and that the remaining 5% would be agreed on by the end of August.

http://www.ekapija.com/website/en/p...rica-95-of-arrangements-for-2017-already-made

Many friends are suggesting that FN SCAR and AK-103 are leading and we may go for both. As for SCAR their is no issue getting that with TOT but we would have to talk to Russia about AK-103. Their are reports that we may buy few thousand AK-105 if Russia is ready to introduce 7.62 X 39 version in AK-105. In my humble opinion instead of AK-103 Pakistan should test latest AK-400.

@Horus @Arsalan @balixd @RAMPAGE

Many friends are suggesting that FN SCAR and AK-103 are leading and we may go for both. As for SCAR their is no issue getting that with TOT but we would have to talk to Russia about AK-103. Their are reports that we may buy few thousand AK-105 if Russia is ready to introduce 7.62 X 39 version in AK-105. In my humble opinion instead of AK-103 Pakistan should test latest AK-400.

@Horus @Arsalan @balixd @RAMPAGE
The selection is for a small batch and decision to continue or opt for another option will only come after a few years after the initial batch is inducted. You may not see this coming as official news but this is what the talks are about. The support for a local design is the main factor behind such approach. Also for SCAR leading the trials, it may be leading the trials but the decision of which gun will be selected will depend on thing more than just performance. Those things are all still far from being finalized and one can see a few other options that might leave SCAR behind. I however do hope that it is either SCAR or CZ Bern (whichever offer the better deal and i am not talking about price only).

Plus what happened to your views about AK103 and the Russians? It was not long ago you were confirming around a dozen systems that we were sure to buy from Russia. Now they will start creating problems with AK103 (an old gun) manufacturing? Weren't they suppose to give us Su35, Pantsir, Mi28, S350, some other SAM system that i cannot remember now along with a few other high end machinery? Now creating problems in AK103 as per your friends? That is a strange change in there policy i would say. (if it ever was like that)

Last edited:
The selection is for a small batch and decision to continue or opt for another option will only come after a few years after the initial batch is inducted. You may not see this coming as official news but this is what the talks are about. The support for a local design is the main factor behind such approach. Also for SCAR leading the trials, it may be leading the trials but the decision of which gun will be selected will depend on thing more than just performance. Those things are all still far from being finalized and one can see a few other options that might leave SCAR behind. I however do hope that it is either SCAR or CZ Bern (whichever offer the better deal and i am not talking about price only).

Plus what happened to your views about AK103 and the Russians? It was not long ago you were confirming around a dozen systems that we were sure to buy from Russia. Now they will start creating problems with AK103 (an old gun) manufacturing? Weren't they suppose to give us Su35, Pantsir, Mi28, S350, some other SAM system that i cannot remember now along with a few other high end machinery? Now creating problems in AK103 as per your friends? That is a strange change in there policy i would say. (if it ever was like that)
What I know is FN SCAR has outclassed every other Gun. And I think reports have been sent to leadership. FN SCAR if selected will come with TOT and their are no political issues but would have to talk to Russia for AK-103 thoughts of few low rank officers. No problem just Army Chief needs to have a talk with Putin and yes they are offering SU-35 and MI-28 and Pantsir S2 and others. This political issue thing was personal opinion of few lower rank officers not senior guys. As for local designing and development well most likely not going to happen. FN SCAR is not only favourite due to performance but also because of the versions FN are offering from Heavy 7.62 to Light to Carbine and even a version which can replace our MP5. Some friends are also telling about AK-105 being tested ( for Special Forces ) but it's in 5.45 X 39 caliber but Russia may offer 7.62 version in it. Finally I think for selecting a Gun of 7.62 X 39 calliber a totally new trial should take place in which AK-400 and AK-12 along with other 7.62 X 39 caliber Guns from around the world should be tested.

Back
Top Bottom