What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Yup Russia did make a noise, but we did not stop. We still produce a variant called Ghatak. Some pics.

HpM8qTo.jpg

From a Defexpo OFB Booth:
DfN3J5E.jpg

Doesn't seem like it;

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/defexpo-2016-ak-47-production-may-soon-happen-india-672666

Seems the Russians succeeded .. This illegal clone was capped and now they want India to buy it from them .. Most likely pay them (russians) royality and other costs for producing it..

Pak also produces the AK .. Russians made an issue but since at the time Pak-Russia didn't have the best of relations we produced them anyways... Although we stopped marketing them...

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like it;

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/defexpo-2016-ak-47-production-may-soon-happen-india-672666

Seems the Russians succeeded .. This illegal clone was capped and now they want India to buy it from them .. Most likely pay them (russians) royality and other costs for producing it..

Pak also produces the AK .. Russians made an issue but since at the time Pak-Russia didn't have the best of relations we produced them anyways... Although we stopped marketing them...

Nopes. This was the illegal AKM copy: It was simply called "Assault Rifle 7.62" or AK-7. This is what General Kalashnikov objected to, when he visited India only once, in February 2004 where he kicked up a row
21_7.62mmassult.jpg

The OFB rolled out the other clone called ghatak in 2014. Before that there another clone called trichy assault rifle.That didnt make thru tho.

From the link above, its actually the AK-100 series that Izmash was hopeful of selling to india, in light of competition from eastern europe clones...Izmash's last success with India was the AK103 to the marcos. Disregrad the Ak47 moniker as defence jounos in india are jokers.

correction! Trials for 7.62x39 are over and AK103 won. Trials for 7.62x51 are ongoing. I suggest you make most of the blessed month of Ramadan and pray hard for SCAR.:agree::agree:
Funny thing is only AK-103 in the competition had 7.62 X 39 Caliber so I have even questions on whether it would replace Type 56 or not.
FB_IMG_1466624901120.jpg

FB_IMG_1466624910825.jpg

FB_IMG_1466624964272.jpg

FB_IMG_1466625016970.jpg

After seeing photos of the SCAR on this thread so many times, I hope the Zastava M77 wins the 7.62x51 NATO need. Forget even the BREN, it just looks too similar to SCAR.

Zarvan thora khao peo bhai. Dimaagh thora fresh karo. That picture of CZ that I posted in my reply was a .39 variant. Look at the magazine. Ye baat pooray forum ko maheenon sai pata hai aur aap ki ab pata chal raha hai? View attachment 312713
Well if AK-103 is selected to replace TYPE 56 than I am waiting to hear about G3 replacement soon

After seeing photos of the SCAR on this thread so many times, I hope the Zastava M77 wins the 7.62x51 NATO need. Forget even the BREN, it just looks too similar to SCAR.
I want to see Old American M21 being adopted :woot: as the 7.62x51 rifle

I have voted for AK103 above and my sources in the Infantry are confirming the tilt towards this platform for the following reasons I had mentioned earlier as well.

- Lowest Price
- Easy conversion of Pak Army soldiers to use (for Type 56)
- Appeasement of Russia for future relations
- Cheaper to maintain and repair
- Good value for money

However, the final decision to this aspect is now expected by end of next fiscal year because of funding issues with GHQ.

I have voted for AK103 above and my sources in the Infantry are confirming the tilt towards this platform for the following reasons I had mentioned earlier as well.

- Lowest Price
- Easy conversion of Pak Army soldiers to use (for Type 56)
- Appeasement of Russia for future relations
- Cheaper to maintain and repair
- Good value for money

However, the final decision to this aspect is now expected by end of next fiscal year because of funding issues with GHQ.
It would replace Type 56 if selected not G3. Chances are growing that we may select two Guns.

It would replace Type 56 if selected not G3. Chances are growing that we may select two Guns.
can you maybe also stop continiously posting pictures of SCAR as well. Honestly a few of us are now really begging to dislike that weapon!!

can you maybe also stop continiously posting pictures of SCAR as well. Honestly a few of us are now really begging to dislike that weapon!!
I like to post good pictures. By the way if we are looking to go for two Guns. One two replace G3 and other to replace Type 56 than we should test Russia's new AK 12

Back
Top Bottom