What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
chinese small arms are not as good as there other millitary stuff not even close
for rifles we should stick to russia or europe or even america

Siddiqui was flying jf17 and he shot down the su30 while noman was flying f16 and he shot down mig 21.so he's right
Siddiqui and Noman were both flying F-16. JF-17 did the bombings. But Indians planes were shot by F-16.

And as for Rifles. They will get replaced and my source is right decision has been finally made. I have no clue which gun it is. But I am more than sure it's not indigenous.

We must also keep in mind that china has greater interest in Pakistan moreover too much diversification may also lead to other problem. The best example is our atak helis from turkey which have been delayed because the engines are not being supplied by the US.
and as far as t59/69 are concerned they worked out pretty well and are still being used(and AZ can stull compete in a modern battlefield) it is also to be noted that this tank is still being used while its US m48 has been retired
Being dependent on one source doesn't really leave much room for having a strong lobby elsewhere, if it did we'd have the AH-1Zs etc. by now.

So you want POF to spend time and money in RnD which they should have designed a new platform decades ago and we should be manufacturing that particular rifle.

But they find the easy way like shitty Type-56.

Chinese rifle manufacturing is not that mature. Klashinkov Concern and Fabrique National are producing high quality rifles like AK-74M now AK12 and FAL/SLR now SCAR.

FYI FN FAL OSW is still better battle rifle than G-3
The Barrel of FAL (In India they were made under license by OFB as SLRs) is very long and the gun is heavy. G3 is far better than a FAL.

The Barrel of FAL (In India they were made under license by OFB as SLRs) is very long and the gun is heavy. G3 is far better than a FAL.
What you know about firearms? I didn't said anything about Indian rip-off.

FN-Herstal Belgium made FALs are legendary.

G-3 comes after FAL.
FAL OSW is shorter version of full length battle rifle. South African Paratroopers used it.

Rhodesian made FALs even better.

G-3 comes after FAL.
FAL OSW is shorter version of full length battle rifle. South African Paratroopers used it.

It wasn’t a RIP OFF but a license variant
Had it been so bad then PUBG would have included original FAL instead of Indian SLR variant (Senseless point but who cares :p).

P.S. we still have a huge amount of Belgian made FALs still with being converted into Marksman rifles with military grade telescopic sights provided by private defence company alpha design technologies. But I am not here to fight, a G3 is much better in terms of Ergonomics and FALs are better in effectiveness.

It wasn’t a RIP OFF but a license variant
Had it been so bad then PUBG would have included original FAL instead of Indian SLR variant (Senseless point but who cares :p).

P.S. we still have a huge amount of Belgian made FALs still with being converted into Marksman rifles with military grade telescopic sights provided by private defence company alpha design technologies. But I am not here to fight, a G3 is much better in terms of Ergonomics and FALs are better in effectiveness.
SLRs were first made by British and Italians.

P.S Italian SLR is in PUBG.

Apparently you're Indian so, I have to tell you this; Your defence production can't even produce a decent rifle. Darra Gunsmiths make more better rifles than yours.

Indian SLR was a FAL ripoff without full license. It was modified to prevent it from being full auto. It could only fire 3 rounds in a burst. So Indian SLR is not as effective as the original FAL.

G-3 comes after FAL.

Rhodesia did not make FAL's they were made by South Africa--

Rhodesia used FAL's because that is what was available to them "They used what the had"

Rhodesia also had G-3's Portuguese made in backup to the FAL's

Rhodesia only made Minor cosmetic changes because some soldier lost an eye, magazine well cutout to hide the SAF emblem and made a muzzle device (limited use)

Still will be a proud owner of a DSA paratrooper ....BABY poop over G-3 any day.

SLRs were first made by British and Italians.

P.S Italian SLR is in PUBG.

Apparently you're Indian so, I have to tell you this; Your defence production can't even produce a decent rifle. Darra Gunsmiths make more better rifles than yours.
I agree with this bitter truth that our OFB is plagued severely because it is a government body so chai biscuit culture still remains, but it doesn’t mean we wren’t making decent guns.

OFB Ghatak
869E8046-7E32-425D-B8C1-6FDE634CC0F9.jpeg

SSS Defence P72 Carbine, Assault Rifle and DMR

1603469549897.jpeg

1603469570098.jpeg

1603469581641.jpeg

Astr Defence Indira Modular Rifle
1603469670726.jpeg

SSS Defence Kalashnikov SOPMOD
1603469900143.jpeg

ARDE Assault Rifle
1603470018361.png

SSS Defence Viper (7.62x51mm NATO) and Saber ( .338 Lapua Magnum) sniper rifles
1603470243406.jpeg

OFB JVPC
1603470347587.jpeg

OFB CQB Carbine
1603470424612.jpeg

OFB Battle Rifle
1603470541185.jpeg

All these guns are new except Ghatak and JVPC so they will take time in induction otherwise there are many more guns that are license manufactured In India 🇮🇳.

Attachments

• 1603469288409.jpeg
    1603469288409.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 1603469311075.jpeg
    1603469311075.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 22
Some members are claiming that a decision has been reached so is it true
if true then very good
question now is what gun WAS chosen
Siddiqui and Noman were both flying F-16. JF-17 did the bombings. But Indians planes were shot by F-16.

And as for Rifles. They will get replaced and my source is right decision has been finally made. I have no clue which gun it is. But I am more than sure it's not indigenous.
what gun was chosen, as in what was the guns name

if true then very good
question now is what gun WAS chosen

what gun was chosen, as in what was the guns name
I asked the person. He has refused to reveal the name. But rest assured decision has been finalized. G3 will be replaced first.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom