What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
I am also waiting for 7.62 X 51 winner. I am hoping for SCAR and as some members are suggesting that BREN and SCAR are similar in features than SCAR will be mostly likely going to win 7.62 X 51 so hope for the best.
I am hoping for ARX200 as it is shortlisted and sorry Hazrat @Zarvan as the so called insiders claiming to have info on the trials turned out to be garbage when they said BREN was out of the competition! so SCAR being the best will need more than hearsay or Chinese whispers. If SCAR is the best in x51 then why is ARX200 in the finals as well? What exact stats gives SCAR the edge over ARX200??

I will join TTP If Scar is not given to @Zarvan bhai.
yaar Hazrat @Zarvan is a derwaish and mufakir of defence, his predictions may have not been accurate but still its not that serious is it?

I am hoping for ARX200 as it is shortlisted and sorry Hazrat @Zarvan as the so called insiders claiming to have info on the trials turned out to be garbage when they said BREN was out of the competition! so SCAR being the best will need more than hearsay or Chinese whispers. If SCAR is the best in x51 then why is ARX200 in the finals as well? What exact stats gives SCAR the edge over ARX200??

yaar Hazrat @Zarvan is a derwaish and mufakir of defence, his predictions may have not been accurate but still its not that serious is it?

If Scar is not chosen, Pakistan Army must send at least one rifle to @Zarvan bhai. That is my only condition.

If Scar is not chosen, Pakistan Army must send at least one rifle to @Zarvan bhai. That is my only condition.
what about CZ SCAR? (BREN is based on SCAR!)

Honestly, Pakistani modified Type-56 were very effective, reliable and not costly - I don't see why we have to replace them.
you are right I mean should have kept the Lee Enfield SMLE as well why upgrade it has the mad minute feature!

what about CZ SCAR? (BREN is based on SCAR!)

you are right I mean should have kept the Lee Enfield SMLE as well why upgrade it has the mad minute feature!
If BREN 7.62 x 51 doesn't existed than I am more than sure now that we won't wait for 7.62 X 51 BREN to come up with SCAR or Berreta would come up

A good multi caliber choice for Type 56 replacement. Now, ARX-200 and FN SCAR are at advantage to be selected any one of them that currently CZ has no 7.62x51 rifle to offer but who knows.

Its a good strategy of selecting two different rifles. Obviously there need to establish two different production systems. But think what will we get.

We will get experience of world's two top of the line guns + experience of G3. Dont you think this would be very much beneficial for our local industry as well as exports.

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Thermal sights by Shibli Electronics

1.jpg
SKUA-LR.jpg
Tarsier.jpg

@shah1398

480689_c56d21fa597b4a76a6d0867fbfd74955.jpg

CZ 807 BREN has emerged as the finalist in Pakistan Army Service rifle trials to replace 7.62×39mm Chinese Type 56 rifles, ARMÁDNÍ NOVINY reported quoting Director of Military weapons in České zbrojovce, Martin Šanda. Special version CZ 807 BREN (Soviet 7.62×39mm) was offered to the Pakistan Army.

"Czech arms industry has successfully participated in the tender for the rearmament of the Pakistani army with it's CZ 807. Of the original eight candidates which met the extremely rigorous demands of the Pakistani army, there were only three finalists, including the CZ 807. For an idea of the scope of testing, I can say that the tests were conducted throughout 2016, in all weather conditions from the Himalayan glaciers, where the temperature dropped below -40° C up to the jungle or desert, where they climbed to the contrary, we recorded + 54° C, "
commented Martin Šanda, on the Pakistani tender.

"Apart from these tests conducted directly by users of the combat units and weapons, they were tested in laboratory "under applicable methodologies". CZ 807 was evaluated as the best in the context of user tests, for example, but also as the most accurate direct comparison of standardized absolute world elite. Additionally, the testing was attended throughout by CZ representatives who collected valuable data for further development of service weapons. Some of them spent most of the year in Pakistan in difficult conditions," Šanda added.

I am not surprised at all with this selection; I had said this was a most likely winner; I have CZ for past 20 yrs plus. They are very well regarded in their small arms capabilities even in WW II, Germans used their industries. Rugged and much more value for money. Plus the requirement for multi-caliber made this a no brainer.

Kudos, this is the right one.

Back
Top Bottom