What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
First order: 20,000 MPT-76
Worth: 80 million TL
---------------------------------------
One MPT-76: 4000TL (1490 $)

No other Western state can produce such a quality and effective rifle in that price. In trials, All possibilities are checked in mud, sand, rainy and icy conditions and This rifle performed perfect without meeting any single problem.

d2ccf51d251a2a73834c669cddef4687.jpg
how has it performed at 15k ft + heights and in subzero conditions? this is my interest. G3 lets us down in the snow and icy conditions. if the assumptions of members are correct then going by your description we might be having this one

Yes sir ... They are replacing with another "battle rifle"... I'm not sure about the contenders (will confirm later)... But notifications reguarding the replacement have been issued and a board has been formed for the selection purpose... It will probably take some time before we actually choose and produce a rifle.. The G3 is going out of business ...
people fighting on the heights and in sub zero conditions wont miss it. because they hardly/ never get to use it.

how has it performed at 15k ft + heights and in subzero conditions? this is my interest. G3 lets us down in the snow and icy conditions. if the assumptions of members are correct then going by your description we might be having this one

people fighting on the heights and in sub zero conditions wont miss it. because they hardly/ never get to use it.

Yeah it was prone to jamming in Siachin .. And the troops had to do with AKs.

Excuse my ignorance but why can't POF build a rifle of our own design?

Yes sir ... They are replacing with another "battle rifle"... I'm not sure about the contenders (will confirm later)... But notifications reguarding the replacement have been issued and a board has been formed for the selection purpose... It will probably take some time before we actually choose and produce a rifle.. The G3 is going out of business ...
Finally another confirmation but can you at least find out which 5 or 6 Guns they would test.

Finally another confirmation but can you at least find out which 5 or 6 Guns they would test.
Il try ..

P.S; I doubt there would be AK variants .. As AK's are already in use and even POF made AKs were dropped in favour of imports due to manufacturing cost being higher than importing em... Also AK is considered a SMG and not a battle rifle by the Pak Army.... Hence no chance for AK's...

-Turkey's North-East platons Kars-Ardahan is the coldest place of region and Winter tempreture reaches -45 degrees. It is the same place that 60000 Turkish soldiers had froozen in Allah-u Ekber mountains in WW1.
-Turkey's South-East and Center Anatolia region is the hottest place of region that summer tempreture reaches around 45-50 celcius degrees.
-Heights of this country is changing from 0 to 5137 meters.

In this circumstances, The rifle developed have to work all those conditions without meeting any problem and All field trials showed that MPT is a perfect rifle that meet all those requirements of Army. You can see the results in trial videos as well.

-Turkey's North-East platons Kars-Ardahan is the coldest place of region and Winter tempreture reaches -45 degrees. It is the same place that 60000 Turkish soldiers had froozen in Allah-u Ekber mountains in WW1.
-Turkey's South-East and Center Anatolia region is the hottest place of region that summer tempreture reaches around 45-50 celcius degrees.

In this circumstances, The rifle developed have to work all those conditions without meeting any problem and All field trials showed that MPT is a perfect rifle that meet all those requirements of Army. You can see the results in trial videos as well.

In siachin temperature plummets to -70 .. It's 6700 meters. (And no im not talking about "above sea level")... In deserts of sindh and rocky terrain of Balochistab it varies from 52-57C in summers... 2 extremes..

In siachin temperature plummets to -70 .. It's 6700 meters. (And no im not talking about "above sea level")... In deserts of sindh and rocky terrain of Balochistan it varies from 52-57C in summers... 2 extremes..

In siachin temperature plummets to over -70.. It's over 6700 Meters - a glacier....

In Desert if Sindh and parts of Balochistan average temperature in summers in around 57c..

When? You weren't convinced yourself lol.

When? You weren't convinced yourself lol.
somewhere in the middle of the thread....I was convinced myself dude, but never wanted to argue over it....I had it confirmed, the notification you are talking about, me and other member had seen it 2 weeks ago....
anyhow, mitti pao

Sir a question
What about MG3........?

The MG3 is a general purpose machine gun, not the same thing as an assault rifle or battle rifle.

Or do you mean a replacement for the POF MG3? If that's the case, I doubt that PA will look for a replacement anytime soon. Replace an assault rifle is hard and expensive enough as it is, now were getting rumors of replacing the battle rifle as well.

The MG3 is probably not on the chopping block just yet.

somewhere in the middle of the thread....I was convinced myself dude, but never wanted to argue over it....I had it confirmed, the notification you are talking about, me and other member had seen it 2 weeks ago....
anyhow, mitti pao
Sir I believe you Sir ? And Sir I and few members have heard that Pakistan has been testing two prototypes of AK-2. In fact one member was told it is under test since 2013. Also we were told same thing that the Tank looks a lot like Altay and also German Leopard. Can you get some latest news on current status of it ?

In siachin temperature plummets to -70 .. It's 6700 meters. (And no im not talking about "above sea level")... In deserts of sindh and rocky terrain of Balochistab it varies from 52-57C in summers... 2 extremes..

In siachin temperature plummets to -70 .. It's 6700 meters. (And no im not talking about "above sea level")... In deserts of sindh and rocky terrain of Balochistan it varies from 52-57C in summers... 2 extremes..

In siachin temperature plummets to over -70.. It's over 6700 Meters - a glacier....

In Desert if Sindh and parts of Balochistan average temperature in summers in around 57c..

I didn't know You were looking for a turbojet engine instead of a rifle that will be affected by athmosperic pressure and +/- O2 weather conditions. Otherwise, I am talking about -40/+45/50 but You are telling me -70 or +60 degrees as If a soldier can survive in such an extreme weather conditions, let along fighting of a soldier handling a rifle against enemy in mentioned celcius. Hope you will find what you are looking for brothers...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom