What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
FB_IMG_1476164442925.jpg

CZ BREN
FB_IMG_1476164376383.jpg

SCAR H

I think what ever rifle we get both 5.56 7.62 and in new battle fields with bullet proof jackets instead of giving officer parrabellum 9 mm smgs we give them 5.56 or 7.62 in carbine versions

I think what ever rifle we get both 5.56 7.62 and in new battle fields with bullet proof jackets instead of giving officer parrabellum 9 mm smgs we give them 5.56 or 7.62 in carbine versions
I am pretty sure even if for now we go for one rifle that is 7.62 x 51 whether SCAR or Berreta but sooner or later one 7.62 x 39 caliber rifle would also come. I hope if this CZ Bren is available in 7.62 x 39 caliber and is being tested by Pakistan than I hope this Bren comes as 7.62 x 39 caliber rifle to replace Type 56 instead of AK-103. @RAMPAGE

Still no decision on this rifle competition!

FN and Beretta are the qualified manufacturers waiting for a final decision expected within this month.

I still have my doubts on this entire excercise

FN and Beretta are the qualified manufacturers waiting for a final decision expected within this month.

Let's wait for ideas then some confirm although fingers crossed on Beretta

@balixd Can you confirm this ???????????? @F.O.X @Icarus @Horus. Well that is great news if true because I am really not interested in Serbian and AK-103. I hope we go for SCAR and not entire series. Don't worry rifles are coming let see which one wins so most probably we would hear about the winner during IDEAS or may be we hear about the winner now and deal would be signed during IDEAS. @Arsalan @RAMPAGE

@balixd Can you confirm this ???????????? @F.O.X @Icarus @Horus. Well that is great news if true because I am really not interested in Serbian and AK-103. I hope we go for SCAR and not entire series. Don't worry rifles are coming let see which one wins so most probably we would hear about the winner during IDEAS or may be we hear about the winner now and deal would be signed during IDEAS. @Arsalan @RAMPAGE
what about those winter trials you were talking about. I mean if, as per the quoted post a decision is expected in this month then what about the winter re-evaluation?
:)

CZ have not been that aggressive in their marketting and business proposition. The Italians have followed by FN.

what about those winter trials you were talking about. I mean if, as per the quoted post a decision is expected in this month then what about the winter re-evaluation?
:)

CZ have not been that aggressive in their marketting and business proposition. The Italians have followed by FN.
Well that is one source but it seem every officer is confused on what leadership is thinking because my friend talked to a Colnonal and a Major

SCAR and ARX-200 have been shortlisted. The teams are away for negotiations, a decision expected soon. SCAR has come on top and is offering an AK replacement caliber and transfer of technology. Berreta is doing business with the Indians too so let's see how it goes as ARX-200 is still untested in battle.

SCAR and ARX-200 have been shortlisted. The teams are away for negotiations, a decision expected soon. SCAR has come on top and is offering an AK replacement caliber and transfer of technology. Berreta is doing business with the Indians too so let's see how it goes as ARX-200 is still untested in battle.
@Zarvan if you were right about scar may be su 35 is coming :cheers:

If it's SCAR, we will nickname it ZAR-VAN 762. The meme will live on until the magnetically powered mini rail assault rifles are evaluated.
Made my day sir

Seriously, I have a theory.

The rifle program may have more to do with boosting POF's competitiveness than with replacing all legacy Army rifles, at least short and medium term. The cost of bringing in the production facility may not be much in comparative terms, though cost of rifles could be high if the labour and materials are expensive. In other words, the rifle production and rifle induction are two parallel streams. Pakistan could spend $100m to get a SCAR production line, though spending $1-2b on total re-equipment could be tough. But the production doesn't always have to depend on induction, especially if you have an eye on capturing more of the global market (which is a MoDP goal via the self-sufficiency narrative).

That said, there will be a decent domestic order: SOF, CPEC Security Division, CTD, LCB, elite police units, Marines, etc. That is 50,000+ units, affordable enough and sufficient enough to get local production going. Make a play for the KSA, Latin America and Pacific Asia markets, and POF could be set.

The SCAR 7.62x39 road may be interesting, but with the medium-term aim to create a cheaper SCAR perhaps (@Arsalan your local rifle idea)? This could be a thing as POF gets better and more efficient with production, and as FN and POF jointly figure out getting cheaper materials and designs (only a matter of time)?

Seriously, I have a theory.

The rifle program may have more to do with boosting POF's competitiveness than with replacing all legacy Army rifles, at least short and medium term. The cost of bringing in the production facility may not be much in comparative terms, though cost of rifles could be high if the labour and materials are expensive. In other words, the rifle production and rifle induction are two parallel streams. Pakistan could spend $100m to get a SCAR production line, though spending $1-2b on total re-equipment could be tough. But the production doesn't always have to depend on induction, especially if you have an eye on capturing more of the global market (which is a MoDP goal via the self-sufficiency narrative).

That said, there will be a decent domestic order: SOF, CPEC Security Division, CTD, LCB, elite police units, Marines, etc. That is 50,000+ units, affordable enough and sufficient enough to get local production going. Make a play for the KSA, Latin America and Pacific Asia markets, and POF could be set.

The SCAR 7.62x39 road may be interesting, but with the medium-term aim to create a cheaper SCAR perhaps (@Arsalan your local rifle idea)? This could be a thing as POF gets better and more efficient with production, and as FN and POF jointly figure out getting cheaper materials and designs (only a matter of time)?
FN have just released the new 7.62x39 mm variant ... hosting buttstock similar to scar extendable and foldable ...
IMG_7990-900x349.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom