Pakistan’s population has ballooned to 207.8m, provisional census results show

Banglar Bir

Reaction score
Country
United States
Pakistan’s population has ballooned to 207.8m, provisional census results show
SAM Staff, August 26, 2017
pak-population.jpg

Pakistan’s population has surged to 207.77 million, having experienced a 57 per cent increase since the last census in 1998, provisional census data presented to the Council of Common Interest (CCI) on Friday shows.

The sixth population census in Pakistan, finally carried out by the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS) earlier this year after a gap of nearly two decades, reveals an acceleration in the population growth rate of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan and Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata), even as growth in Punjab and Sindh has slowed compared to previous results.

Pakistan houses 106.45m males, 101.31m females and 10,418 transgenders, the provisional data reveals.

The results show that 30.5m people reside in KP, 5m in Fata, 47.9m in Sindh, 12.3m in Balochistan, 2m in Islamabad, while Punjab — the largest province in terms of population — houses 110 million people.

An increase in the urban-rural ratio has been observed in all administrative units except Islamabad, which nonetheless remains the second most urbanised unit of the country.

Over 52pc of Sindh’s residents live in urban areas, which has surpassed the capital territory as the most urbanised territory of Pakistan. Close to 36.4pc of Pakistanis live in urban areas, the provisional results reveal.

Balochistan, the least urbanised of Pakistan’s provinces, has experienced the fastest average annual growth rate since 1998 of 3.37pc. Punjab’s average annual growth rate remained the slowest at 2.13pc, slightly below the national average of 2.4pc.

The provisional results exclude data from Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Jammu and Kashmir, which is likely to be included in the final report.

The census is likely to have important implications for the upcoming general elections, as constituencies are expected to have to be redrawn according to the newly-compiled results.

SOURCE DAWN.COM
http://southasianmonitor.com/2017/0...ooned-207-8m-provisional-census-results-show/

Interesting to see imf per capita estimate for Pakistan after this. Bangladesh might just have a better per capita.

Interesting to see imf per capita estimate for Pakistan after this. Bangladesh might just have a better per capita.

Its less then the population cited on Wikipedia. anyways we dont mind Bengalis crossing us in per capita after all we dominated both bharatis and bengalis for decades, they need that desperately for their survival, otherwise they would be under water. money can save them.

208 million is not much. More the merrier.
We Indians are the champions in population explosion. Feeding, educating them and finding them jobs will be a daunting challenge. If the history is our yardstick, we have failed in this endeavor. Nothing to cheer about.

anyways we dont mind Bengalis crossing us in per capita

If people like Hasina keeps on selling anti-Pakistan rhetoric sponsored by enemies of Pakistan, Bangalies will soon beat Indians in per capita income.

Last edited:
If people like Hasina keeps on selling anti-Pakistan rhetoric Bangalies will soon beat Indians in per capita income.

i support this for stability of Bangladesh, if she become pro Pakistan, Indian terrorists will try their best to harm bangladesh which i as Pakistani dont want..

When they will beat Indian with 3/4 times in per capita they will automatically become more independent of ganga, i wish them double digit growth. And good luck to Hasina if she can do that..

Its less then the population cited on Wikipedia. anyways we dont mind Bengalis crossing us in per capita after all we dominated both bharatis and bengalis for decades, they need that desperately for their survival, otherwise they would be under water. money can save them.

I was only stating a fact. Not involved in any agenda. In any case, you would hopefully cross us again given CPEC.

Yes. What a horrid thing increased life expectancy and much reduced child mortality is.

Simple maths. If there are 10 people and after 10 years you expect 5 to be born and 3 to die you will expect to have 12. But if 4 are Born and 1 dies then you have 13.

I guess I was right when I said BD has crossed Pakistan GDP NOMINAL PER CAPITA...

Only 2 million reside in Islamabad??

I thought it is a big city.
You need to have money, Islamabad is Pakistans most modern and educated area.

EpiiC said:
I guess I was right when I said BD has crossed Pakistan GDP NOMINAL PER CAPITA...

You need to have money, Islamabad is Pakistans most modern and educated area.
Can't I get "vada paaw " there??

Possibly, I get McDonalds as I am used to western food.
No, McDonald sucks. I'm talking about local Mumbaikars favorite food. It is very cheap and good taste with spice.
vadapav-cutting-chai.jpg

It actually is not nor wastheb intended to be one
It is national capital of Pakistan , so I used to thought that it one of the most populous city.

Back
Top Bottom