What's new

Pakistan's Per Capita income Rises to $3135 Amid Slow Growth

Any other source i open up regarding Pakistani per capita income give data in 1,300$ or around it...Its only RiazHaq's amusings that really amuse me!

Sometimes I wonder why Riaz thinks that an economy that is growing at 8.6 % and has an inflation of 10% somehow seems vulnerable to FDI and FII withdrawal but gives excuses about an economy that is growing at under 2.5% and has an inflation of 20 + %.

Unlike China which runs huge trade surpluses, India is a debtor nation which depends on foreign money just to make ends meet.

The day the foreign inflows dry up, India will be standing in line for an IMF bailout.

Unlike China which runs huge trade surpluses, India is a debtor nation which depends on foreign money just to make ends meet.

The day the foreign inflows dry up, India will be standing in line for an IMF bailout.

Now you are getting into trolling territory. Please provide some valid sources for your above statement, not links to your own blog.

Also two questions.
1. What about the $310 billion reserves India has. Did you consider that?
2. How exactly will inflows dry up. Is it your prediction or wishful thinking?

If you choose to conveniently ignore my arguments like you did in prior posts I take it that you are just lying and misleading folks here.

I talk of India, Pakistan and you bring China. Can't you give a reply with hiding behind China for the misery Pakistan is. Anyway, I know you cannot because you hide behind confusing readers and never are you man enough to admit the fact.

India is having a fiscal deficit of 4.7 %. Unfortunately people keep forgetting this is just twise the yearly defence budget of India. Let us say we have no creditors (though this assumption is absurd and cannot stand on the fact that money gets pulled by growth as everybody is making their buck make that extra cent) India imposes a few rupees on electricity instead of giving it free to farmers, introduce a few measures to stop tax evasion and we break that 4.7 to half. Then if the GoI is frugal and improves its policies, the rest will come to zero.

How will it sound if I know for a fact that India will have 0 fiscal deficit and on the contrary will have excess funds that it can lend by 2016. Only time will tell but if you simple project the current rate in the drop of fiscal deficit by using moving averages, we get to a conclusion that Indian economy is doing exceedingly well. In fact it was the outlier in the hard and difficult times of the recession.

Riaz, you have not written anything credible in the last 3 pages.

Yes survey of Pakistan is the final authority. IMF will revise and align its data with survey of Pakistan after few months, once the data was made final. IMF just predict thorough macro economic indicator and does not run any survey. So they have to rely on survey of Pakistan and is official.
So please explain how per capia income grew by 17% when gdp growth was 2%........and dont tell population reduced by 15%,,

I talk of India, Pakistan and you bring China. Can't you give a reply with hiding behind China for the misery Pakistan is. Anyway, I know you cannot because you hide behind confusing readers and never are you man enough to admit the fact.

India is having a fiscal deficit of 4.7 %. Unfortunately people keep forgetting this is just twise the yearly defence budget of India. Let us say we have no creditors (though this assumption is absurd and cannot stand on the fact that money gets pulled by growth as everybody is making their buck make that extra cent) India imposes a few rupees on electricity instead of giving it free to farmers, introduce a few measures to stop tax evasion and we break that 4.7 to half. Then if the GoI is frugal and improves its policies, the rest will come to zero.

How will it sound if I know for a fact that India will have 0 fiscal deficit and on the contrary will have excess funds that it can lend by 2016. Only time will tell but if you simple project the current rate in the drop of fiscal deficit by using moving averages, we get to a conclusion that Indian economy is doing exceedingly well. In fact it was the outlier in the hard and difficult times of the recession.

Riaz, you have not written anything credible in the last 3 pages.

Except his wishing for India's growth to falter. I still don't get why he is dwelling on something that could happen in the future (even though highly unlikely). Aren't we talking of present times?

It's already happening with FDI declines two years in a row.

India's reliance on volatile FII (hot money)is growing....think the 1997 Asian financial crisis.

$300B reserves are less than one year worth of Indian imports of $350 billion barring any oil shocks.

It's already happening with FDI declines two years in a row.

India's reliance on volatile FII (hot money)is growing....think the 1997 Asian financial crisis.

$300B reserves are less than one year worth of Indian imports of $350 billion barring any oil shocks.

Do you know why 1997 Asian financial crisis happened?

This is a big jump because only last year it was 2,500. It's still really bad in all honesty, it's even below Iraq and Uzbekistan.

Here is a term that my boss made me understand the day I joined consulting... It's known as PuDOMA... It means 'Pulled Directly Of My A$$'...

Mr. Haq, your references, inferences and claims are just the same...

Bring me an economist or a logical thinker (which I have seen plently of, from both sides, here)and I will be happy to debate... Adding religion, corruption, GDP, FII in a single discussion, just do say that 'India is doomed' is too much of an effort ... You are better of just stating that sentence directly, as like that sentence, everything else that you will 'think up' will also carry no meaning or credibility... I have no idea what school you went to, they certainly didn't teach you economics there...

I respectfuly rest my case.

Here is a term that my boss made me understand the day I joined consulting... It's known as PuDOMA... It means 'Pulled Directly Of My A$$'...

Mr. Haq, your references, inferences and claims are just the same...

Bring me an economist or a logical thinker (which I have seen plently of, from both sides, here)and I will be happy to debate... Adding religion, corruption, GDP, FII in a single discussion, just do say that 'India is doomed' is too much of an effort ... You are better of just stating that sentence directly, as like that sentence, everything else that you will 'think up' will also carry no meaning or credibility... I have no idea what school you went to, they certainly didn't teach you economics there...

I respectfuly rest my case.

PuDOMA hahahahah

perhaps in desi lingo it should be PHuDOO lagana.

FyI,

Most of the economic numbers created all over the world are just those. PHudoo.

Why else, American banking system ney the whole darned economy would collapse? Some people figured out how to do PhuDoo with the real estate numbers.

Same way Pak and Indi governments have been doing PHuDoo with their own people for the last 60+ years. This is equally applicable to each others policies for economy, or military.

We both are doing PHudoo to our jawans stuck in Siachin, and we both are doing PHuDoo to millions upon millions of our poor. Most of us posters are like the last Mogal Rangeela, sitting in our ivory towers of desi and vilayati ishtyle and fighting cyber wars.

peace.

Do you know why 1997 Asian financial crisis happened?

Forget about that hellish phase excessive capacity, deleveraging and currency crisis in South East Asia... I am sure he does not even understand the meaning of the words like 'excessive Government leverage' or 'government back excessive capital investments' or 'export led growth only' and definitely can not distinguish that from 'Inflation related GDP jumps and their relevance in Indian economy or the 'domestic consumption capacity of Indian market' or 'effect of FII inflow in capital markets and their effects on real markets'... You got to start with concepts of 11th standard CBSE syllabus on economics like Elasticity, theory of marginal benefits here... All the best on your head banging mission...

PuDOMA hahahahah

perhaps in desi lingo it should be PHuDOO lagana.

FyI,

Most of the economic numbers created all over the world are just those. PHudoo.

Why else, American banking system ney the whole darned economy would collapse? Some people figured out how to do PhuDoo with the real estate numbers.

Same way Pak and Indi governments have been doing PHuDoo with their own people for the last 60+ years. This is equally applicable to each others policies for economy, or military.

We both are doing PHudoo to our jawans stuck in Siachin, and we both are doing PHuDoo to millions upon millions of our poor. Most of us posters are like the last Mogal Rangeela, sitting in our ivory towers of desi and vilayati ishtyle and fighting cyber wars.

peace.

Some light banter is almost always found in good taste... I am glad you agreed...

I agree with you for the majority of what you said... as is a song in Hindi 'golmal hei bhai sab golmal hei'... But, somewhere I do believe in some economists and mind you these guys did raise alarms in 1995, 1999 and then again in 2005... Sadly no one listened... I still have tons of respect for people like Joseph Stiglits, Raghuram Rajan and Nouriel Roubini genre of people... They understand this Chaos theory like no other...

Howevere, it's simply very silly when someone pulls out one number and forcasts to drag down a whole 1.4 trillion dollar economy down on the back of that single point of data... Plain silly and irritating... Having lived through that growth phase, it just hurt! I am sure you will agree! ;)

Data from Pew research and Transparency International shows that the nations, such as India and Pakistan, where the huge majorities of people claim religion is important in daily lives are also among the most corrupt, with lower per capita incomes.

Please read more at Haq's Musings: Per Capita Income, Corruption and Religiosity

seriously, are you for real man where is the link of Pew research and Transparency International ? & where it says what you just wrote ? & what does giving important to religion have to do with economics or low per capita income etc's ? if that was to be the case then states like
saudi arabia,U.A.E,malaysia,israel,iran,& corruption wise japan, & indonesia would have been declared per capita lowest income but thats just not the case infact its the opposite pardon me but what credibility does your claims have & what is the authenticity of your link called riazhaq.com blog or haq's musing whatever ? never heard of it what's the level of this website is it in the league with the best ten or meets the standards of say the prestigious forbes, or economist etc's ? what credibility does this website has ? & above all what on earth does it wants to say ? i am not an indian no but hey man seriously when talking economics, my level's are forbes,morgan stanley,Goldman Sachs for reading & analyses, economist what's the level of your link ? hey bro no kidding but time is money enough said

good bye

Back
Top Bottom