What's new

Pakistan's military issued a blunt call on Tuesday for outside powers

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan's military issued a blunt call on Tuesday for outside powers to stop demanding it do more and prove its sincerity in the campaign against militancy as the US regional military chief visited.
The chief of the Pakistani armed forces, General Tariq Majid, bemoaned 'repetitive rhetoric by some of the external players asking Pakistan to do more and prove sincerity.'

'Such unhelpful statements must stop,' Majid said.
He did not refer to any country or to US Central Command chief General David Petraeus, who arrived in Pakistan earlier for talks with government and military leaders.
'International players must come out from the coercive mindset and instead start delivering on the promised capacity assistance,' Majid said in a statement.
Majid said Pakistan did not need to prove its sincerity considering the sacrifices it was making 'which cannot be matched by any of those players making these demands.'
About 1,000 Pakistani soldiers have been killed in fighting against militants in the northwest since 2001.
DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Pakistan military tells powers to stop demanding more

General Tariq Majid FTW! :tup:

Excellent News! To the point and blunt as hell. I bet David Petraeus doesn't visit his home as much as he visits Pakistan.

I think somtime or most of time these visit are extremely annoying for Top military command, specially when stand off is going on with arch rival.

the world must understand that Pakistan is a military power and will defend its country @ all cost

the world must understand that Pakistan is a military power and will defend its country @ all cost
finally something different! i thought u will copy paste the hate message u were doing to all the other threads!

finally something different! i thought u will copy paste the hate message u were doing to all the other threads!

You're not doing any good either by replying to them.

Anyways, good to hear a solid stance on this, the General is right, these externel "players" need to stop questioning Pakistans dedication to destroy these extremists + they need to fulfill their own promises as Pakistan has sacrificed ALOT so far and is still sacrificing so that ordinary Pakistanis living in the North, East, South and West of Pakistan can live in peace and prosperity without having to fear for these degenerates.

Back
Top Bottom