What's new

Pakistan's GIDS offers various weapon systems for export at World Defence Forum in Riyadh.

It's just the start. Pakistan also makes broachers like these. I have several of them various weapons of HIT and other companies. Just fattening the export catalogue is not the purpose here. Like seriously
I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I really do.

Two things,
1. It is likely that we license-produce turbojets on some level. I would find it weird if we didn't. But you are right, it could just be a cheap and reliable supplier in China.
Its almost certain that we do. Turbojets are a fairly simple (I mean mechanically simple) and missile jets don't have to be rated for 5000 hours flying time.

Two things,
1. It is likely that we license-produce turbojets on some level. I would find it weird if we didn't. But you are right, it could just be a cheap and reliable supplier in China.
2. I am always confused by these export offerings by GIDS. It almost looks like GIDS goes "oh the government wants to increase exports so let's offer things for exports." I say this because I don't really see GIDS doing exports other than a few very very small orders. And the products they offer are beat in every regard by competitors. On top of all of this, GIDS - whose entire purpose is marketing - does a very poor job at marketing. So I doubt that Pakistan is REALLY hoping to export Fatah, Harbah, Shahpar, Burq.

Case in point:
Look at this sorry attempt at photoshop. The missile has been very clearly photoshopped on to hide the launcher in smoke. The missile is apparently larger than the launcher that is launching it lol. I know people will say oh but its the product that matters. But I will argue that in a market with stuff like this, no serious buyer will come near.
View attachment 821414

Some examples of half-decent advertising attempts - compare with our poster and look at the amount of information. Who is going to take Fatah-1 as a serious export attempt? Maybe exporting it is not the intention at all - just fattening the "export catalogue".
View attachment 821419
View attachment 821420
View attachment 821421
View attachment 821422

That is the sorry state of affairs at our institutes and here you pointed out the materials used for marketing. IMO, it is the same as your CV, employer (here customer) will judge you from your CV to shortlist. So at least we have to prepare our marketing materials thru some professional houses with experience in a related industry and not from some in-house employee.

@JamD What is interesting is the deliberate attempt to hide the Fatah-1 launcher. Even when it’s launch video was released, it was purposely taken from a very far distance to not give away the launcher.

@JamD What is interesting is the deliberate attempt to hide the Fatah-1 launcher. Even when it’s launch video was released, it was purposely taken from a very far distance to not give away the launcher.
Which is one of the main reasons I doubt this system is meant for export. Hiding your product is literally the opposite of advertising.

I know people will say oh but its the product that matters. But I will argue that in a market with stuff like this, no serious buyer will come near.
Before joining, IST, I was seeking admission in Islamia Uni Bahawalpur. Its website was slow, so I gauged the calibre of the uni with the website maintenance. Yes, it affects a lot. A bad poster means, that they guys don't know basic stuff like editing software.
Because that mentality hasn’t set into engineers - they don’t have anything that resembles marketing
In this century every little thing requires expertise. So its not tourism but its every branch need an expert to handle it. @Indos
I reiterate that Bali attracts 6 million foreign tourists whereas entire india receives 17 million tourists.

In this century every little thing requires expertise. So its not tourism but its every branch need an expert to handle it. @Indos
I reiterate that Bali attracts 6 million foreign tourists whereas entire india receives 17 million tourists.

Yup Bali is famous for tourist and they still have the ability to withstand the Pandemic period for complete 2 years and it shows families within the society shows solidarity to any of the members that get effected on the fall of tourism business. Some migrant from other island also come back to their home town where financial shelter can be found within their own families.

Surprise to see many arab countries displaying there own drones and some decent home made weapons , it’s shameful for us that having better defense industry we are slipping behind them

Surprise to see many arab countries displaying there own drones and some decent home made weapons , it’s shameful for us that having better defense industry we are slipping behind them
They have the money and the expertise now
Our focus should be to further develop our industry first for atleast local need
The BW 21 rifle is a step in the right direction

Which is one of the main reasons I doubt this system is meant for export. Hiding your product is literally the opposite of advertising.
No that's exactly the right way to advertise. We don't give accurate specs nor do we show you the product. /s

No that's exactly the right way to advertise. We don't give accurate specs nor do we show you the product. /s
1646685789965.png

Sorry, this is not defence industry. You need universities to collaboration with companies, you need technicians, industry to make parts, material technology to forge super strenght light weight materials. This dead born child, investing billions with low tech outcome. They don't invest in humam resources. South Africans working and put some Arabs for management is what they do. Pakistan is much further in long term. They will put weapons together and then a country says we don't sell it anymore because this is against our interest :p: .

Because that mentality hasn’t set into engineers - they don’t have anything that resembles marketing and if they do it’s usually a BBA graduate who also does clerical work on the side. Pakistani defense industry is 30 years behind the world regardless of whatever it hobbles together using open source knowledge or Chinese reverse engineering and its time to swallow that pill and stop regretting or fretting it.

That's actually our national tragedy. It's the same in the commercial sector including the so-called 2bn Usd IT sector. We are selling bottom-end services and with a very small minority actually doing quality work.

The best example in defense would be JF-17 thunder, our pride! Starting from the Red/Green show stopper livery to the dull camo, outdated websites, low-end marketing collateral, and the video. Where you look at, there are signs of a half-hearted effort,

Back
Top Bottom