What's new

Pakistan's former ambassador to US 'lobbying against own country', says Aziz

Just start bashing ISI, Pakistan Army and its policies, and viola! you are a scholar! All the so called think tanks would come running after your interviews.

Perhaps it is a bit more than that, but nothing prevents people from counter-bashing and being scholars and think tanks in Pakistan and in Muslim media and even right here on PDF. That is the way to play the game. Criticizing the other view will go nowhere, but playing a better game will succeed.

A counter narrative to a man who has as much credibility as Iraqs chalabi?
So if he lacks credibility, no one including your own media, foreign affairs officials and analysts should be paying any attention to him, right?

So if he lacks credibility, no one including your own media, foreign affairs officials and media should be paying any attention to him, right?

What's more perplexing is the utter lack of any coherent response to what HH says to counter it.

So if he lacks credibility, no one including your own media, foreign affairs officials and media should be paying any attention to him, right?

If a dog starts barking at you..... The best you can and would do is scare it away with a stick ...

What is the credibility of a man who despite having Pak nationality and working as a diplomat wrote to the Americans asking them to intervene in Pak? Has an arrest warrant against his home country...

Who has bitten everybody who has had been good to him?

Who was a jamat e islami turd and became an americaphile...

Apart from that he writes counting himself as an American against Pakistan?

Circus Freak gathers attention, A Zoo animal too and so does Donal J Trump but that doesn't mean people take their opinion credible. Do not confuse attention for credibility.

What's more perplexing is the utter lack of any coherent response to what HH says to counter it.
Be it HH, or Christine Fair or CFR in general, when role of Pakistan comes under criticism, all I see emanating from Pakistan is questions over credibility, or accusations of being paid stooges of India/US/Israel etc. but not a single counter.

Be it HH, or Christine Fair or CFR in general, when role of Pakistan comes under criticism, all I see emanating from Pakistan is questions over credibility, or accusations of being paid stooges of India/US/Israel etc. but not a single counter.

Yes, that observation is correct. What perplexes me is why it should be so. Surely some form of intelligent input must be part of whatever formulates Pakistani policies. Or is that too much to hope for?

He can always be tried in absentia.
Even if he is tried in absentia what will that accomplish? The kind of a weasel he is, he will never come to Pakistan and keep on puking his anti Pakistan harangue from his safe spot in the US. The best option is to disown him and then not pay any attention to his shenanigans.

Even if he is tried in absentia what will that accomplish? The kind of a weasel he is, he will never come to Pakistan and keep on puking his anti Pakistan harangue from his safe spot in the US. The best option is to disown him and then not pay any attention to his shenanigans.

Because it will show the world that Pakistan follows the rule of law in trying its criminals. Or, as you said, the alternative is to not pay attention. Making a statement attacking the person and not the content only makes Pakistan look mean, vindictive and lacking an effective counter-narrative. Surely there is a better way!

Such an immature approach is bound to fail in the international arena. While Sartaj Aziz is busy "hinting" at HH, HH is busy writing books and giving lectures in American think tanks and decision making circles.

If a dog starts barking at you..... The best you can and would do is scare it away with a stick ...

The situation is slightly more complicated, as you are clearly not treating this just as a nuisance but actually delivering responses via both your foreign affairs officials, media as well as media analysts.

What is the credibility of a man who despite having Pak nationality and working as a diplomat wrote to the Americans asking them to intervene in Pak? Has an arrest warrant against his home country...

Who has bitten everybody who has had been good to him?

Who was a jamat e islami turd and became an americaphile...

Apart from that he writes counting himself as an American against Pakistan?

Going by the same dog reference, let me steer clear of this, I have no dog in this race, but as far as credibility, until a few years ago, Both Nawaz Sharif and Zardari had criminal charges against them, now Musharraf does, and if I am not mistaken on of your PM's also was removed from office due to criminal charges against him. Has anyone discussed the rationale behind his request for Americans to intervene, your military commanders in the past has shown quite a bit of disdain for your constitution, before I digress,

why is he not being tried in pakistan, or a red corner issued against him, given the fact that you have transferred criminals to US, I am sure some arrangement can be made, if he indeed has committed treason against Pakistan.

Such an immature approach is bound to fail in the international arena. While Sartaj Aziz is busy "hinting" at HH, HH is busy writing books and giving lectures in American think tanks and decision making circles.

There is nothing preventing Pakistani government officials in USA from doing the same things making rounds and presenting Pakistan's case equally vigorously.

Circus Freak gathers attention, A Zoo animal too and so does Donal J Trump but that doesn't mean people take their opinion credible. Do not confuse attention for credibility.

This exactly is the issue, slander, criticism, but no counter to what he says.

There is nothing preventing Pakistani government officials in USA from doing the same things making rounds and presenting Pakistan's case equally vigorously.

Yes there is. It's called hard work and is often associated with success.

Imagine yourself as representative of a country with little to no working institutions, apathy from the lowest rung to the highest echelons, why the hell would you ruin a good posting by working hard.

Pakistanis, I've often noticed are quick to blame a person, mostly a single person, be it current or former PM or the then incredibly popular COAS and dictators who are now much derided or living in exile. But never the system, a system which is devoid of any accountability whatsoever.

Yes there is. It's called hard work and is often associated with success.

Imagine yourself as representative of a country with little to no working institutions, apathy from the lowest rung to the highest echelons, why the hell would you ruin a good posting by working hard.

Pakistanis, I've often noticed are quick to blame a person, mostly a single person, be it current or former PM or the then incredibly popular COAS and dictators who are now much derided or living in exile. But never the system, a system which is devoid of any accountability whatsoever.

Now why is it that you see it clearly, but I am failing to get this point across to the membership (and the administration) here?

Back
Top Bottom