What's new

Pakistan's Foreign Exchange Reserves

Its IMF Money .....

Why so Dancing ?

Last edited:
Forex reserves rise to $15.357bn

Friday, May 14, 2010
By our correspondent

KARACHI: The country’s foreign exchange reserves increased by $310 million to $15.357 billion during the week ended on May 7, against $15.047 billion a week ago, the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) said on Thursday.

Rise in the foreign exchange reserves can be attributed to fund transferred by the United States under coalition support fund in the war against terrorism. The second amount is reflected in the current position of the foreign exchange reserves, according to SBP officials.

The reserves held by the central bank increased by $369 million to $11.552 billion from $11.183 billion. The net foreign exchange reserves held by other commercial banks, however, went marginally down to $3.80 billion against $3.86 during the previous week. A rise in the foreign exchange reserves is expected in the current month.

:pakistan:

aha forex rises so does the demand for more loan from imf read govt to get 1.4 billion or so loan from imf i watched that last night on news, for what I am guess mr. 10% needs to pay bills.:)

All are Loans from IMF

We have to return them also ........ :angry:

Forex reserves are rising because of loan infusion from 11billion from WB and coalition Support fund.
Till Jan 2011 Pak can not use this money(WB) for internal development .This money is used for boosting investor confidence against default.
After 2010 Pak can use this money for development project but will also have to return this money within 10yrs with intrest.

Forex reserves are rising because of loan infusion from 11billion from WB and coalition Support fund.
Till Jan 2011 Pak can not use this money(WB) for internal development .This money is used for boosting investor confidence against default.
After 2010 Pak can use this money for development project but will also have to return this money within 10yrs with intrest.

Who cares?
It's good news anyway.
Turning money into more money.
and pay back within 10years should not be a problem.
A normall business if you ask me.
Lets hope pakistani are smart.
like they always are.:pakistan:

11 bn from world bank:woot:ye kab ae??+has the money reached SBP as u said this increase in forex is due to this money??
the bold part is contradictory..plz explain..

11 bn from world bank:woot:ye kab ae??+has the money reached SBP as u said this increase in forex is due to this money??
the bold part is contradictory..plz explain..

He is talking about Pakistan's Forex reserves that were 11 billion dollars couple of months ago.

And 2011 & 2010 is a typo he meant to say 2011

Neither Right Nor Wrong is an intelligent man, i have read couple of his posts and that makes lot of sense to me

He is talking about Pakistan's Forex reserves that were 11 billion dollars couple of months ago.

And 2011 & 2010 is a typo he meant to say 2011

Neither Right Nor Wrong is an intelligent man, i have read couple of his posts and that makes lot of sense to me

m not degrading him..
i dont know about 11bn from WB..dint read a single news..m sleeping i think:coffee:

m not degrading him..
i dont know about 11bn from WB..dint read a single news..m sleeping i think:coffee:

Nai - i think he was talking about our reserves of 11 billion dollars that were couple of months ago and not the loan of 11 billion dollars

i know the way he wrote is slightly confusing............ or may be he is talking about the loan that we are getting 7.5 billion dollars + 4 billion dollars from IMF, WB and Islamic Bank?

Anyway, he will confirm himself if he reply back :P

Nai - i think he was talking about our reserves of 11 billion dollars that were couple of months ago and not the loan of 11 billion dollars

i know the way he wrote is slightly confusing............ or may be he is talking about the loan that we are getting 7.5 billion dollars + 4 billion dollars from IMF, WB and Islamic Bank?

Anyway, he will confirm himself if he reply back :P
$11.2bn from imf.. imf money isnt given for development but for BOP imbalances (SDRs)..nor are forex reserves for dev..
i think its misinfo..

Back
Top Bottom