What's new

Pakistan's first tablet revealed

Maybe they produced it for the forces... and though of earning some $$ by tapping the local market? anyways.... if DRDO can sell "machar mar spray" or anti insect sprays n stuff... why cant PAC sell tablets?

lol those sprays are not in market yet and i dont think DRDO has any plans to bring those in market..it will be used by soldiers only then..

What about PAC destroying the chances of a private sector business to achieve the same success because of all the unfair monopolies PAC already enjoys? Is that still a win-win? I think not.

On the contrary actually. It would encourage the local industry to come out be part of the new market with their own product line. And especially if sales for this tablet are strong, private industry is going to come out in droves to get their market share.

Brand recognition is always hard to build - I say swamp the TV waves with images of fighter pilots pulling g's in the JF-17 and using touch screen MFD's (work in the designed to function in the fighter pilot angle), and show some SSG/Army patrols pulling out the 'militarized version' in the middle of a desert patrol/Siachen glacier blizzard.

That will sell well up north.. another option is to integrate navigation capabilities into these tablets.
Down south is another matter.. As the military has lesser charm there.
Perhaps a deal with a service provider can be done??

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 AM ----------

well people used to run away from chinese products..but recently i haqve seen people intersted in quality products which offer warranted products.
with time i think the trend will change

It did with the Japanese.. it will with China.

On the contrary actually. It would encourage the local industry to come out be part of the new market with their own product line. And especially if sales for this tablet are strong, private industry is going to come out in droves to get their market share.

I sure hope so!

how much does it cost???

I think around PKR 15,000.

lol those sprays are not in market yet and i dont think DRDO has any plans to bring those in market..it will be used by soldiers only then..

DRDO has developed mosquito repellent, pepper sprays, Leh Berry juice, long-life Combat rations which include stuff like dessicated veg, meat etc. among many "civilian" products.
But DRDO is not producing or marketing any of those products. The tech has been licensed to private/civilian entities who will make and market them. That is strictly a job for the civilian sector. Military or Semi-Military bodies best remain out of all this and just "stick to the knitting".

Just imagine (for example) Indian Army Corps of Engineers building and operating Malls and Multiplexes! If they get into that line of business, they'll need to be disbanded. :)

............ The tech has been licensed to private/civilian entities who will make and market them. That is strictly a job for the civilian sector. Military or Semi-Military bodies best remain out of all this and just "stick to the knitting".

That would be the CORRECT way of doing things in my view.

doel_laptop.jpg

bangladeshi made 'Doel' laptop

You know what the funny thing is. The answer to your question is YES.

Watch the promo video. It will show you timeline of events:

CPMC - Promo Video

However, let's not dwell over politics. Let's celebrate the fact that we will manufacture this baby in Pakistan in a joint venture with China.

Thank you China :D

:pakistan::china:
U know what just by building the PC tablet in Pakistan will bring a revolution in electronics technology. This will push the Pakistan to the level of Taiwan and Korea within 5 years time......:smokin:

U know what just by building the PC tablet in Pakistan will bring a revolution in electronics technology. This will push the Pakistan to the level of Taiwan and Korea within 5 years time......:smokin:

That is a very nice thought. So Pakistan has the tech to make the semiconductors/chips and displays etc. like Taiwan and Korea.

Private companies make cars and lot more stuff... are you going to really buy any thing!
Infact they will try to buy that private company the same way they tried for Pakistan steel mills in Musharraf era......:smokin:

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

That is a very nice thought. So Pakistan has the tech to make the semiconductors/chips and displays etc. like Taiwan and Korea.
So what U guyz think what we gonna be doing within the next 5 yearz???......:smokin:

Vcheng, private sector is doing it's part too. Here's proof:

V600-front.jpg

In 2006, NOBEL entered into a strategic partnership with TCL China, one of the world’s largest television manufacturers, with revenues in excess of US$6 Billion, to manufacture and market televisions in Pakistan. Through this partnership, NOBEL has access to TCL’s highly cost effective current generation products as well as benefitting from technology transfers. For customer credibility, especially in the flat panel TVs i.e. LCD/LED, dual branding under TCL NOBEL has been successfully initiated.

About Us

Vcheng, private sector is doing it's part too. Here's proof:

V600-front.jpg

In 2006, NOBEL entered into a strategic partnership with TCL China, one of the world’s largest television manufacturers, with revenues in excess of US$6 Billion, to manufacture and market televisions in Pakistan. Through this partnership, NOBEL has access to TCL’s highly cost effective current generation products as well as benefitting from technology transfers. For customer credibility, especially in the flat panel TVs i.e. LCD/LED, dual branding under TCL NOBEL has been successfully initiated.

About Us

That is good to know; thank you for posting that. :)

lolz air force is busy in making tablet ipad and marketing them like they are IT company and they kept border on mercy of allah . so one side we are being killed by foreign forces and other side our businessmen armed forces are busy to buy and sale in market . every heared some army involved in business like pakistan ? :tdown:

Back
Top Bottom