What's new

Pakistan’s economy contracts by $33.4 billion: PBS

Dalit

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
May 26, 2023 (MLN): The total volume of Pakistan's economy has decreased by $33.4 billion or 8.91%, from $375bn in FY23 to $341.6bn in FY22, according to the data released by the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS).

Meanwhile, per capita income stood at $1,568 in 2023 as compared to $1,766 in the previous year depicting a decrease of 11.38% YoY, PBS data further revealed.

The current fiscal year marks a decrease of $198 per capita income for Pakistan.

This was the third lowest per capita income in a decade, with the lowest in the decade being $1458 achieved in FY20 due to covid, whereas the highest achieved was $1768 in FY18

On the other hand. in the fiscal year 2021, the per capita income achieved was $1,677.

Health sector improved to 8.49% against the target of 3.8%.

The education sector also improved by 10.44% against the target of 4.9%.

While the performance of the Information and Communication sector exceeded the target of 6% with a growth rate of 6.9%, as stated in the report.

its ok. that's notional because of USD rates movement. Tomorrow if PKR jumps up to 250 , then economy would have gone up 20%

They will make a martyr out of our country, that's the only thing this Napak fauj is good at doing.

May 26, 2023 (MLN): The total volume of Pakistan's economy has decreased by $33.4 billion or 8.91%, from $375bn in FY23 to $341.6bn in FY22, according to the data released by the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics (PBS).

Meanwhile, per capita income stood at $1,568 in 2023 as compared to $1,766 in the previous year depicting a decrease of 11.38% YoY, PBS data further revealed.

The current fiscal year marks a decrease of $198 per capita income for Pakistan.

This was the third lowest per capita income in a decade, with the lowest in the decade being $1458 achieved in FY20 due to covid, whereas the highest achieved was $1768 in FY18

On the other hand. in the fiscal year 2021, the per capita income achieved was $1,677.

Health sector improved to 8.49% against the target of 3.8%.

The education sector also improved by 10.44% against the target of 4.9%.

While the performance of the Information and Communication sector exceeded the target of 6% with a growth rate of 6.9%, as stated in the report.

Ummm... how reliable is the news source?

I have yet to see on Dawn news.

These are official figures presented in the NA committee on economic affairs and PAC as well I believe. All done by PBS and Ministry of Finance itself.

These are official figures presented in the NA committee on economic affairs and PAC as well I believe. All done by PBS and Ministry of Finance itself.
I saw the website. It does not look official or reliable.

This is not good news for Pakistan, especially considering how poorly the economy is doing.

I checked DAWN news business section. Still nothing about the Pakistani economy contracting.

This is not good news for Pakistan, especially considering how poorly the economy is doing.
Yes, I know, we are only a $400 billion dollar economy with 242 million people.

I saw the website. It does not look official or reliable.
I checked DAWN news business section. Still nothing about the Pakistani economy contracting.

It is reliable, the PDM led government released their official figure at 0.29% which is a sharp contrast and downturn from 6.1% during Imran Khan's time.

The Express Tribune reported on it:

In addition, it is believed by some that the figure of 0.29% is actually fudged and the number would actually be in the negative.

Dar the fudger probably pulled it from -2% to positive territory.

Back
Top Bottom