What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

@PanzerKiel - you dont think so ? Curious on sadness? To me - be able to design, certify and then manufacture a honegrown towed 155mm howitzer is an achivement and therefore a stepping stone?

Those design skills are valuable as they seem to have been grown organically in Pakistan ?
I'm sad because our whole process, starting from shortlisting, trials, procurement and absorption, is so much long in terms of time...

I'm sad because our whole process, starting from shortlisting, trials, procurement and absorption, is so much long in terms of time...
Need something like fast tracked defense acquisitions similar to how the Indians are doing it now after the whole standoff (they got phucked from China first though).

While visually similar, it appears that PA actually fields 3 different 122mm systems.

1. Ghazab MRLS (KRL). Distinct dual rocket pod arrangement. Mounted on M35 chassis. (20km variant)
gcnwR.jpg

2. Yarmuk MRLS (GIDS). Single fixed pod. Single cab Chinese chassis. (35km and 45km variants)
yarmuk.png

3. RDMS (Rocket delivered Mine System) mounted onto and acquired from China on Chinese dual cab chassis. (14km variant)
odbcFh8.jpg

9DE28.jpg

Additionally there exists a modernized variant with FCS etc of one of the first two types of systems listed above.

@PanzerKiel correct me if I'm wrong here.

Last edited:
While visually similar, it appears that PA actually fields 3 different 122mm systems.

1. Ghazab MRLS (KRL). Distinct dual rocket pod arrangement. Mounted on M35 chassis. (20km variant)
View attachment 917299

2. Yarmuk MRLS (GIDS). Single fixed pod. Single cab Chinese chassis. (35km and 45km variants)
View attachment 917300

3. RDMS (Rocket delivered Mine System) mounted onto and acquired from China on Chinese dual cab chassis. (14km variant)
View attachment 917302
View attachment 917303

Additionally there exists a modernized variant with FCS etc of one of the first two types of systems listed above.

@PanzerKiel correct me if I'm wrong here.
Yasoob Truck mounted is also in service.

As part of its new product lineup, GIDS of Pakistan has unveiled the Fatah-II, an upgraded and range-extended version of the Fatah-1 Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System (G-MLRS).
The Fatah-II now boasts an impressive range of 250 kilometers and is equipped with a 300-kilogram warhead.
This upgrade significantly enhances the Fatah-II's strike capabilities, allowing it to engage targets at greater distances with increased precision and firepower.

Fwv9YyiaIAQ2na7

As part of its new product lineup, GIDS of Pakistan has unveiled the Fatah-II, an upgraded and range-extended version of the Fatah-1 Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System (G-MLRS).
The Fatah-II now boasts an impressive range of 250 kilometers and is equipped with a 300-kilogram warhead.
This upgrade significantly enhances the Fatah-II's strike capabilities, allowing it to engage targets at greater distances with increased precision and firepower.

Fwv9YyiaIAQ2na7

Enough to push S400's even further back into India ...

20230620_204721.jpg

Egyptian Artillery recon vehicle.

Always wondered what vehicles PA uses for battle field recon with its artillery (excluding Sh15 package) as in EO sensor ones / GSR mounted ones. I suppose PA has the RASIT GSRs mounted onto towed trailers with masts but those are more of a static piece. And portable MSTARs as well.
@Signalian @PanzerKiel

View attachment 935279
Egyptian Artillery recon vehicle.

Always wondered what vehicles PA uses for battle field recon with its artillery (excluding Sh15 package) as in EO sensor ones / GSR mounted ones. I suppose PA has the RASIT GSRs mounted onto towed trailers with masts but those are more of a static piece. And portable MSTARs as well.
@Signalian @PanzerKiel
I think there is a system on M-113 but I am not sure about its specs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom