What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

But Karakoram Eagle has a Dedicated TV channel for Broadcasting live video feed.
I am not saying they will use it all the time. But still.
AWACS is too big to be hidden anyway,so i dont think transmission will give out its position alone,as its not stealth and not meant to be.
Encryption,yes. Data packet as in short bursts of Data,instead of constant feed. Yes.
But can it be directional transmission? so as to only direct it towards own Jets?I am not too sure about that.

That is where Software defined radio kicks in. You can define 20-30 frequencies in software on both AWAC and Jets. Begin multicasting on it. If it is being jammed or you think it will give away your location, you quickly change on to another frequency. or You can delete the frequency channel and redefine a totally new channel real time

Consider Wireless router of your home. Too many devices attach with it slows down the communication, so you prefer 5-10 devices be attached with it.

That is where Software defined radio kicks in. You can define 20-30 frequencies in software on both AWAC and Jets. Begin multicasting on it. If it is being jammed or you think it will give away your location, you quickly change on to another frequency. or You can delete the frequency channel and redefine a totally new channel real time

Consider Wireless router of your home. Too many devices attach with it slows down the communication, so you prefer 5-10 devices be attached with it.
Fair point.
But that means two way communications? If AWACS is transmitting to Jets,the jets too are transmitting to the AWACS? Only that dual mode will put limits to how many Jets an AWACS can handle.

and we have nothing then an article boss?
no thanks we need to see then

I know that's not a concrete evidence but that pic supposedly came out after the indecent ....

B.jpg

Fair point.
But that means two way communications? If AWACS is transmitting to Jets,the jets too are transmitting to the AWACS? Only that dual mode will put limits to how many Jets an AWACS can handle.

Dual mode is called full duplex. Full duplex mode is by default mode of all the communication devices of 21st century. It wont put restrain on our AWAC. What will put it is Our AWACS infrastructure are setup in a way that they have to connect with relay stations to for Intra ZDK-SAAB communication, on top of of that sending info to ground commanders plus directing aircrafts plus avoiding jamming with frequent frequency channel hopping.

That's how I arrived at that number of 15-25 aircraft per awacs, An optimal number in my humble opinion.

I know that's not a concrete evidence but that pic supposedly came out after the indecent ....

View attachment 253969

IIRC, not after incident, but way before that. That 2 damaged aircraft, one of them had there nose blown off. But I dont see any SAAB with blown nose

KSA Erieye. They were the mystery contract from Saab for maintenance.

B4_OZBiCEAEbFQj.jpg

Dual mode is called full duplex. Full duplex mode is by default mode of all the communication devices of 21st century. It wont put restrain on our AWAC. What will put it is Our AWACS infrastructure are setup in a way that they have to connect with relay stations to for Intra ZDK-SAAB communication, on top of of that sending info to ground commanders plus directing aircrafts plus avoiding jamming with frequent frequency channel hopping.

That's how I arrived at that number of 15-25 aircraft per awacs, An optimal number in my humble opinion.
Ok,thats a Fair judgment.

This detective work was done by me. Saw the picture of a so called saudi Erieye on some Arab Forums. A close analysis on Gimp reveled this.

1014050_604425426336312_3291529016156813213_n.jpg

10394502_604425559669632_5021094347886853222_n.jpg

It was actually a Pakistani Erieye photographed in Saudia by Saudi vigilante. Was taking part in Exercise "Sword of Abdullah".

Going by that argument, i am not sure iof Pakistan will send this asset abroad if we only had one? So there have to be more?

They r quiet for an obvious reason which should be understandable.

Dazzler every time our AEW gets airborne the enemy knows it get's painted on their scopes. So who are they trying to stay quiet for

In this new song which is released by the PAF media cell the video is crisp and it shows the saab 2000 with the ending number 40 again but anyway enjoy the video

Lol let's hope that the 040 serial number is a massive troll on the PAF's part, especially knowing how the information and photos that end up on this forum. And if it is a troll, I hope they don't take it so far that we only find out about the real number when they finally decommission the system some 30 years from now.

Last edited:
In this new song which is released by the PAF media cell the video is crisp and it shows the saab 2000 with the ending number 40 again but anyway enjoy the video
We should not show terrorists with Islamic symbols, like 'Al-jihad' slogan and beards and turbans. We should just show them like terrorists. If we have bonded these Islamic symbols to terrorism in our mind , then i should say with grief that the enemies of Islam and Pakistan have won. If a group wear a Sikh like turban and grow their hairs and do terrorism that does not mean religious Sikhs are terrorists but that would only mean the one who does so is terrorist. Unfortunately the enemies of Islam and Pakistan have used our cultural and religious symbols with terrorism so that they could drive us away from them. I should say if we believe that prophet was the best man in humans then i have to say that I cannot accept that A wisest man was so steady in adopting beard and turban if it was unnecessary. Any thing associated with perfect man is perfect itself.

Lol let's hope that the 040 serial number is a massive troll on the PAF's part, especially knowing how the information and photos that end up on this forum. And if it is a troll, I hope they don't take it so far that we only find out about the real number when they finally decommission the system some 30 years from now.

It's been what 3 years since the attack ? Saffron bandit 2013,2014. Saab AWAC in PAF promotional videos, Waj S Khan documentary on SAAB Awac, SAAB awacs spotted in Saudi Arabia. All bearing 10040 serial number.Only one inference can be deduced.

In my humble opinion, after reading countless accounts and views on how many are operational and how many were actually destroyed or damaged ... in the past few years since the Saab-2000 Eri-Eye attack, I would dare to say that out of the 4 Eri-Eye Saab-2000 platforms purchased and received ... 1 was totally destroyed, 1 was damaged but recoverable, 1 whose nose cone was damaged beyond repair was not deemed 100% recoverable and 1 escaped unscathed i.e. the only one which keeps showing up whenever Eri-Eye Saab-2000 platform is displayed.

Also kindly note that the trainer version (a fifth and plane i.e. w/o the the radar Saab-2000) is no longer being spotted anymore (I may be wrong about this though). My guess is that the damaged platforms are in the process of being recovered and somehow the trainer version is being utilized to house the AEW equipment of the one which had lost it's nose cone. I read somewhere (which itself was a speculation) that we will be getting the damaged but not destroyed platforms by 2017.

However whatever I have written is guess work and speculation on what I have been reading over the last 3 years on the subject and will be most glad to be proven wrong .. in fact I am hoping to be proven wrong.

Last edited:
terrorists numbers was less then numbers of fighter jets in video . its overkill :lol:

In my humble opinion, after reading countless accounts and views on how many are operational and how many were actually destroyed or damaged ... in the past few years since the Saab-2000 Eri-Eye attack, I would dare to say that out of the 4 Eri-Eye Saab-2000 platforms purchased and received ... 1 was totally destroyed, 1 was damaged but recoverable, 1 whose nose cone was damaged beyond repair was not deemed 100% recoverable and 1 escaped unscathed i.e. the only one which keeps showing up whenever Eri-Eye Saab-2000 platform is displayed.

Also kindly note that the trainer version (a fifth and plane i.e. w/o the the radar Saab-2000) is no longer being spotted anymore (I may be wrong about this though). My guess is that the damaged platforms are in the process of being recovered and somehow the trainer version is being utilized to house the AEW equipment of the one which had lost it's nose cone. I read somewhere (which itself was a speculation) that we will be getting the damaged but not destroyed platforms by 2017.

However whatever I have written is guess work and speculation on what I have been reading over the last 3 years on the subject and will be most glad to be proven wrong .. in fact I am hoping to be proven wrong.

I don't know when the official story will come out, and tell truth to the Pakistani people. I guess the most embarrassing moment in the history of PAF is kept quiet and lies and deception is thrown around. Remember that this action is largely speculated as State-Actor Sponsored in guide of Non-State Actors, and operations of these aircraft shall remain in secrecy and mystery moving forward, as much as you children here will allow with your super observation on small things.

The Truth Remains: During the attack in Minhas, three aircraft were parked together when they were attacked. The one in the middle got completely burned, but its burning itself gave intense heat to the ones parked on left and right, damaging them intensely. Anything else anyone tells you is far from the truth.

PAF has done intensive work in recovering both aircraft, and have succeeded, both recovering the birds and their electronic equipment. However, they are keeping the birds under wraps till all the trials are done. They will be shown to the people one by one in its due time. Meanwhile, only two aircraft are serviceable, the one that you have rightly noticed always, and the civil version. Contrary to the speculation, the civil version has not been cannibalised to fix the damaged aircraft.

There is no SAAB blacklisting for Pakistan. This is utter rubbish. SAAB is represented by Majid and very well connected and doing business and supporting their equipment across all three armed forces.

Back
Top Bottom