What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

SAABs are coming to Bholari under new Squadron

Makes sense, split the 6 planes into 2 3 plane sqds, one for south one for north, as we also seem to have 4 odd normal SAAB 2000s I would split these as well between the two squadrons so each one has it's own transport planes and can use them to qualify pilots and keep current without using a radar equipped plane. This would give you excellent north/south coverage. Basically Boholari with 5 planes (3 Erieye + 2 standard SAAB 2000) and Kamra with 5 planes (3 Erieye + 2 standard SAAB 2000)

جان کی امان پاؤں تو عرض کروں؟
PAF originally is said to have acquired 4 erieye.
Then PAF recently bought 3 kits from Sweden to be installed and assembled in Pakistan.
So thsts a grand total of 7?
But MODP year book said "6th AWACS"?
So there's the confusion.
Sir one of the Erieye was totally lost in Kamra attack so 3 left and 3 new kits mean 6 in total if I am not wrong.

Not true. Out of the three damaged two were repaired but one was a write off. It was so badly damaged that you could see some of its parts turned to ashes.
Please see the quoted post #5478 2 pages back. The poster is a senior PAF official . I believe his account more than most posters on PDF.
Thanks.
A

Not true. Out of the three damaged two were repaired but one was a write off. It was so badly damaged that you could see some of its parts turned to ashes.
Two were damaged and both were recovered

ha ha. Yes, i could not longer take it! Okay, one aircraft written off, two aircraft damaged, port and starboard side, all vertical services, radar air intakes, and outer panels, and vertical stabilizers and outer skins, such as in any high heat damage. Detailed surveys were done by PAC, those guys are very good. Most of these repairs were done by PAF. Most structure items were manufactured locally. Techniques developed to replicate SAAB's superior manufacturing skills. Two SAAB 2000 airline birds were taken from market, also some of the requirement parts. One come in complete pieces as were required, and was used to recover one aircraft. Other 02 flew in, one was used to recover the other bird, and now is a Christmas tree for support of fleet. One complete suite was procured from SAAB. A complete flying aircraft will now be fitted locally with the complete suite. This is the complete story. Now you can plug in the holes from public releases. Doubters will remain as doubters. As ACM Sohail Aman says, it is true. Over 200 Million USD were saved from SAAB's offer. Credit goes to him for his leadership in current and previous role. First SAAB refused to help, so PAF started working on their own. Then they came crying and sold the one complete ERIEYE system for pittance. Again Credit to ACM Sohail Aman. At the end, PAF has 04 SAAB again. A slap on the face of the enemy who uses cowardly asymmetric attacks against platforms that change the ORBAT in INDOPAK or AFPAK scenario. Cheers.
And now 3 more I mean 3 which we ordered recently ???

"I would split these as well.."

It's good that people like you aren't running the show. With your kind of knowledge we would be doomed and gloomed long ago.

Please restrain yourself from saying such phrases, it only makes you a laughing stock.

There's something called logistics. Ever wondered why Hercs are stationed at one base permanently? That's your answer
Makes sense, split the 6 planes into 2 3 plane sqds, one for south one for north, as we also seem to have 4 odd normal SAAB 2000s I would split these as well between the two squadrons so each one has it's own transport planes and can use them to qualify pilots and keep current without using a radar equipped plane. This would give you excellent north/south coverage. Basically Boholari with 5 planes (3 Erieye + 2 standard SAAB 2000) and Kamra with 5 planes (3 Erieye + 2 standard SAAB 2000)

Please see the quoted post #5478 2 pages back. The poster is a senior PAF official . I believe his account more than most posters on PDF.
Thanks.
A
The official history of PAF also supports one aircraft destroyed and two repaired.

The official history of PAF also supports one aircraft destroyed and two repaired.
So in your view how many do we currently have. My understanding from the quoted post was that 2 separate contracts were executed one for a silitary radar for the replacement and 3 others for new ones. So the lost one was replaced and 3 more were acquired. Now the confusion has arisen out of whether there was a separate contract for a solitary radar or was there one contract for 3 radars.
A

Back
Top Bottom