What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

I thought one of the K-3 was in China for conversion / upgrade to AESA, however it also seems that PAF has opted to keep the rotating Disk System instead of fixed array like the KJ-500. ( Based on pictures seen so far. )

@Oscar @Windjammer @TOPGUN @Dazzler @messiach @MastanKhan @Khafee ,

Theoretically speaking, is it possible for an AEW&C or EW aircraft to assume the flight plan of a passenger jet and fly over (or close to) an otherwise hostile protected airspace, deep enough (or close enough), inconspicuously and then start providing EW cover to an ingress package on approach?

If so, what is the best way to counter such a possibility other than closing airways?

It should be possible to prove such an event if it occurs too, so are there international laws that forbid such misuse of passenger jet identity or is it still unchartered territory?

After all, it is literally like putting the lives of other passenger jets in the vicinity or between hostile countries, in danger of getting shot.
My point in writing that post was about possibilities of breaking and bending the rules to achieve military objective in fooling enemy/hostile radars of approaching threats untill its too late.

I believe you are correct and going by the official rules and regulations.

However, a chartered private/passenger jet flying towards the border with all the confirming transponder/ATC/ID and call signs can still turn out to be a CIA Hercules with all its military communications equipment on board.

Yes, we can choose to believe the official regulations and those who can hack, bypass, ignore or simply trick the regulations all the time.

View attachment 558061
View attachment 558062
@Oscar @Windjammer @TOPGUN @Dazzler @messiach @MastanKhan @Khafee
Does the following tweet has any significance with reference to the above posts made after earlier airspace closure?

Is the recent talk of closing airspace only to economically hurt Indian airliners only?

69268465_1214487095397269_895424819208650752_n.jpg

The question is paf k-3 awacs is based on Chinese transport aircraft y-9, will paf add y-9 transport in future ? Paf has added multiple passenger version of Saab 2k, at least 2 may be 3 which helps in keeping pilot training and hours up

Back
Top Bottom