What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Even now we are able to buy top line Western systems even from the US, 2 things stopping us economy and our desire for 5th Gen, which without strings is only going to come from our Chinese friends.
Or Turkey or may be not from anyone as seems selling 5th gen not going to be easy in future(for ref check how US attach f-35 and s-400 deals for Turkey).Salute to those who anticipate that and initiate Project AZM

An Erieye around 30k feet above Rawalpindi around an year back
18193468_1297827177005602_2902684859572339224_o.jpeg

No actually it's not. The ZDKs have their uses but the Erieye is a better platform.
Could it be the fact that we were planning on going for a western radar for thunder that's why we were getting more erieyes?
There hasn't been any more headway on this acquisition since we found out that the KLJ7A actually suits us better?

Could it be the fact that we were planning on going for a western radar for thunder that's why we were getting more erieyes?
There hasn't been any more headway on this acquisition since we found out that the KLJ7A actually suits us better?
they signed the deal how much more headway do you want? The deliveries are in progress. I like the idea that they have enough platforms for 24hrs a day coverage if they need it for a short while (2 in the air) and the same with the zdk.

That depends on what types of fighters ERIEYES pair with. I used to believe that China integrated JF-17 with ERIEYES, but I think I have to change my mind after the air conflicts on Feb 26 and Feb 27.

Pakistan integrated link17 to all it's fighter so communication is seemless

I have heard both Erieye and ZDK-03 fly

Only thing I would say is that the Erieye is very quite when flying the engines are super quite you can hardly hear it

The ZDK-03 is louder

That does not mean anything in terms of capability just a observation

The deal is signed. What headway are you talking about?

The notion that ZDK-03 is superior is not supported by any verifiable paper or article. But neither is the reverse. We only need look at PAF actions to see which they are more satisfied with. They could easily have acquired more ZDK-03 or perhaps a newer awac from china but went back to SAAB for another 3 erieye. Why would they go spend more money on an inferior platform especially after SAAB gave them grief about helping repair the previously damaged Erieyes? Probably they find it the better system. Maybe more knowledgeable members can shed a little light?
@Windjammer @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Oscar

Alan warns did post in his mag i.e. afm, that paf was facing some peoblems with zdk..
The magazine does not elaborate it further.
One of our chinese colleague did refute it and i have no reasons to debate his goodwill or intentions but i would still like a rebutal or a news cutting from some official spokesperson in china or in paf.

There are many articles comparing ZDK-03 and SAAB2000, if you don't mind looking for them or can understand them. You don't need to be a scientist to know why ZDK-03 is superior. The reason PAF is acquiring more SAAB is they have too many F-16s to deal with, and F-16s can only talk to SAAB which is equipped with LINK16. The fact that SU30MKI was able to dodge AIM-120-C5 during the dog fight on Feb 27 can't say better.
What make you come to a conclusion that Amraam missed? Pakistan does have SAAB2000 which would have been used on 27th Feb if F-16 were used.
There is a plausible reason for going for more SAAB2000 system, perhaps senior members can shed some light on it.

Back
Top Bottom