What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Have you been to PAF base lately, they are heavily fortified. Even the attack today on a unimportant facility fizzled out. Gone are the days when terrorists could threaten PAF assets, now they are just target practice.

No i cannot and will not, i believe my family and friends and GoP who have provided me the information. We are sticking by it. So, if you are questioning, please provide the reasoning or just simple rest the case.

This is a sensitive matter for PAF and sensitive things are not shared like maruti pictures.

can you show me a picture proof of all 3 of IAF AEWCS flying. i have not seen one. do you have a picture proof of chinese AEWCS do they have 4 , 6 or 8. or a matter of fact find me a picture proof of turkish or isreali AEWCS

come on, PAF said it, quite a few forum member confirmed it. case closed. Move on

If family and friends of people here were to be believed , we would have acquired f-35 by now, jf-17 would have been second to none even surpassing f-22 raptor, Oplot have been in service with pak army and pakistan would have test fired tipu missile ...So please give your family and friends a rest !!!!!!

Anyone who would believe on GoP would either be insane or just doing so for ego boosting. The fact remains that there has been so much ambiguity on what did happen that day.... If three saab's were parked together while one was airborne as per initial reports and terrorists were there for atleast 20-30 minutes before even they got detected then it doesnt require rocket science to imply they had enough time to take a toll on parked 3 aircrafts considering they came with a clear target in mind and that target was saab ...even a major hit on one aircraft can result into damaging another in proximity and considering there were mutiple reports coming out after the incident with each having different view on damages occurred...it won't be surprising to know there was something really fishy there and later statements would have been just for face saving.

No i cannot and will not, i believe my family and friends and GoP who have provided me the information. We are sticking by it. So, if you are questioning, please provide the reasoning or just simple rest the case.

This is a sensitive matter for PAF and sensitive things are not shared like maruti pictures.

can you show me a picture proof of all 3 of IAF AEWCS flying. i have not seen one. do you have a picture proof of chinese AEWCS do they have 4 , 6 or 8. or a matter of fact find me a picture proof of turkish or isreali AEWCS

come on, PAF said it, quite a few forum member confirmed it. case closed. Move on

and @razgriz19

Surprise!! All four are Boeing E-7T Peace Eagle.

large_baris_kartali_g003.jpg

large_baris_kartali_g002.jpg

i will believe you but you must at least have picture of 4 AWACs parked not only number 040 around.

This is not a picture of Kahuta. so please spare me the nonsense till then my boy.

There cannot be a picture of 4 aircraft parked as there are no more 4 aircraft with top antennas. There are only three aircraft, one completely SV, one under trials after major rectification, and one under repair. One has been written off. This does not include the non-radar aircraft.

Honestly it does not matter 3 or 4

B/W KE-03 and Erieye PAF has more AEWCS than it needs to cover the entire spectrum .

i believe IAF has only 2 AEWCS operational.

B/W KE-03 and Erieye PAF has more AEWCS than it needs to cover the entire spectrum .

they are going to increase but yeah they need more because of their area

My friend that doesnt mean you keep on loosing assets worth millions of dollars from the hands of some handful filthy foreign sponsored terrorists ...

Thanks God you weren't paf spokes person otherwise how lame and dumb it would have been sounded hearing "we lost saab erieyes but don't worry we already have more Awacs then we need and our neighbor has just 2 Awacs ..so lets party hard and forget about the million dollars we "a cash strapped country" lost there" ....Seriously mate don't argue just for the sake of arguing

Syed Yusuf, When are we going to apply common sense to this simple matter ? Remember Rehman malik and other official statements right after attack that one was damaged with nose cone ? And go back few pages, where secretary defense and and assistant secretary defence claimed one was completly destroyed. This is the GOP that provided the information.

How this to be a sensitive matter for PAF? Did PAF bought jets with their own money or with tax payer money ? When USA can hold a public inquiry in to F-22 crases and release the report detailing why F-22 crashed public, Is SAAB more sensitive than F-22 ?

So if you still want believe your mammay chachay in PAF who says 4 all are operational, then be my guest. We will stick what the higher authorities said. 1 destoryed, 1 damaged.
@Bratva.
No one is denying the news of one A/C being damaged. The question to which there seems to be no answer is whether
A. The nose cone story was the original assessment and later on much more damage was detected.
B. Whether there were more aircrafts damaged in the hanger.
So far both parties have stuck to their points of view and none can produce evidence barring lack of photographs after the event.
Iam interpreting the loss of one aircraft as the one damaged based on the original version of the story of a shrapnel induced damage to the baulkhead which may have caused more damage to the inside. The western firms often write off these planes due to the cost of repairs being higher than the cost of the planes. There may have been some indication as well of peeople trying to make money from possible buying of another platform. This has now been repaired.
The other story of the terrorists having 30 minutes to themselves before being discovered at least to me does not hold water in that it would have meant loss of all 3 platforms without any shadow of doubt. So till someone gives me irrevocable proof of 3 platforms damaged/1destroyed this is what I will hold on to. Iam not necessarily saying that the other version is nout the truth, for in Pakistan anything is possible, but it does not make sense to me.
@Bilal Khan 777 if you dont want to makeyour credentials known to the public please contact @fatman17 or the current lead of thinktank or @Xeric. It is important that you be given the right designation without compromising your identity. But till then sorry but your word is as good as mine or any other member.
Araz

My friend that doesnt mean you keep on loosing assets worth millions of dollars from the hands of some handful filthy foreign sponsored terrorists ...

Thanks God you weren't paf spokes person otherwise how lame and dumb it would have been sounded hearing "we lost saab erieyes but don't worry we already have more Awacs then we need and our neighbor has just 2 Awacs ..so lets party hard and forget about the million dollars we "a cash strapped country" lost there" ....Seriously mate don't argue just for the sake of arguing
That maybe true but at the same time the people who's money has been lost need to know what happened. The blame needs to be assigned and the responsible punished. If what some of you are saying then it is criminally negligent ogf the PAF/Guarding forces whatever their designation.
Araz

That maybe true but at the same time the people who's money has been lost need to know what happened. The blame needs to be assigned and the responsible punished. If what some of you are saying then it is criminally negligent ogf the PAF/Guarding forces whatever their designation.
Araz

@araz that is what i am saying from day one ...sadly in pakistan there is no concept of accountability ...we as a nation have always been on extreme end of either side....if we start praising someone we do it to such extent that we start to ignore the blunders on their part and if we start to target/criticize someone , we do it irrespective of their good deeds.

People need to understand that no one is taking due credit away from paf ...they are our pride but that doesnt mean we should ignore if they commit such blunders like they did in case of that attack carried out on airbase..... most of people here automatically assume that if some one is unfolding the truth he is being against paf and when they assume so they start to come up with lame excuses and get personal ...i remember there exists a forum where even if you highlight a minor glitch they throw you out of the forum...just imagine this is our level of tolerance ....we as a nation don't understand the meaning of a constructive criticism

I honestly wouldn't stress too much on the 'now' and instead perhaps look into the future. Given that the infrastructure for the Erieye is already there, I do think the PAF will in the coming years work on bringing a 4th active system. Whether this comes via retrofitting the trainer or buying another is a different story.

There cannot be a picture of 4 aircraft parked as there are no more 4 aircraft with top antennas. There are only three aircraft, one completely SV, one under trials after major rectification, and one under repair. One has been written off. This does not include the non-radar aircraft.
Sorry but what do you mean by SV please.

Hope these clear your doubts about the destruction of one SAAB awac

ISLAMABAD: The February 6 admission by senior officials of the defence ministry that a Saab-2000 aircraft fitted with an Airborne Early Warning & Control System (AWACS) was totally destroyed in the August 15, 2012 terror attack on the Kamra airbase, implies that the concerned authorities had been keeping the tax payers in the dark for the past six months by claiming that it was only the nose cone of the precious aircraft which had been partially damaged and that it would be repaired by the manufacturers in Sweden.

Everyone knew about it on here I think. I've personally posted one was gone and the other one was close to being gone (The one they fixed now). So you did lose a plane and recovered the other one that was severely damaged. If you have understanding otherwise, I'd love to see pictures of a full squadron now. They aren't supermen to reassemble a dead and in pieces radar and majority burnt air-frame.....unless the radar was gone but the plane was recoverable and they put on a Chinese radar as China has a similar radar set too. Either way sad loss, but the engineers through this restoration gained precious knowledge which you couldn't have gained if the aircraft was flying. As you won't be allowed to open the seals due to proprietary technology. So a blessing in disguise?

This may have been posted before, Or not.

Induction for ZDK-03 AEW&C aircraft in PAF service. Service name for aircraft is KE-03:
B_FglVdXAAAb_64.jpg

Back
Top Bottom